Nevil passes and the seed drops start!

hahahahahahahahahahahah, I was wondering as well !

2 Likes

Thank you for expressing that.

My whole goal is to be accurate, and for me, this history was lived and not read, like most people who think they know what happened by playing the telephone game.

Personally I find it sad that some people just want to hate, no matter the facts, the documentation, the articles, photos, or the fact that some of us, really hold the genetics that most people only get to read about.

As for me caring what people think, man, I have thich fucking skin, after having cancer so many times, and living through prison for damn near five years, not anything that some faceless fake named person on the internet says is going to bother me, they have their own agenda and no one, not even the facts, will change their mind of what they have come to believe.

There is an old quote that I use to write into every one of Jack Hererā€™s books that I gave away (thousands by now) that I think sums up many of the baseless opinions I have seen expressed here:

ā€œThe greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.ā€

I do not live my life worrying what other people think I should do. I was told at a young age that I was irreverent towards authority, and I know itā€™s true.

I do care that my reputation is depicted accurately, as I am proud of the path I took with cannabis through life. I can stand up to the bullies so easily and so I do, anyone who takes the time to look into my history can see where Iā€™ve been and all I have done. My goal when I saw the dumb shat being written about me ws to set the record straight, this is Overgrow, and I kinda though we all had something in common, and that we had a shared history of enduring struggle. But I see a lot of angry little inches, pissy at whoever does not agree with their often baseless versions of history.

I personally do not care if you donā€™t believe me, I hope if anything, you all do what I did and go find the truths for yourself.

And to that guy who says that Sam was not in Santa Cruz because he canā€™t coorabrate it, well man, maybe you are just a bar investigator with no good sources. You clearly do not know the right people to ask, because if you did, you would know what you are talking about instead of coming to conclusions based upon what you canā€™t find out.

As for Afghan, I have it, Mel Frank gave me his Afghan #1. As for Thai, I have it mixed with Haze and Skunk, but I would sure like some authentic Thai seeds to play with.

I have to finish my next article for GROW, and I am under deadline by Friday, when I get that done, I will comment further.

You can read some of my old articles here:
https://growmag.com/todd-mccormick/

13 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, it counts to me. The concensus Iā€™ve seen amongst those from the area (and speaking to the few I have) is that, yeah, itā€™s definitely not landrace. Which I think is probably for the best since that means just maybe a lot of the stuff out there is legit or ā€œclose enoughā€ to legit so that lineage wonā€™t get lost like a lot of landraces are at risk of.

2 Likes

I have no dog in this hunt. I am not buying seeds anymore, nor have I in quite some time. I have enough of my own and from like minded people here who share. I am not into the hot name of the week game either. I will share anything I have with anyone cool to meā€¦well, maybe 'cept Jake(LOL) and would have it no other way.

Read the whole thread. Not sure what to say, other than your an interesting and knowledgeable person, who speaks well and writes very effectively. You history is AMAZING, and the fact you WERE THERE during all this craziness is very cool. What you have seen and been around is amazing. I can only imagine what you have been through.

Who made what, was Sam(could care less) here or thereā€¦brothers, not brothers, what is a STORY, what is TRUTHā€¦Hell, I do not know, but it is an interesting read. I tend to believe you to be honest, you seem straight up.

Cool to hear your story, understand some pepā€™s here being a lil upset, looks like a cash grab to me too. Difference is I tend to believe your side of things a bit more, lol. They are your seeds, IF pepā€™s are stupid enough to pay 20 bucks a bean, WC 'em !!!

Good luck on your endeavorā€™s, thank you for taking it on the chin and standing up, when the rest of America hid. I am glad you stopped in here, and I personally hope you hang around. Dont get the big headā€¦I am no one, and my opinions are only mineā€¦
peace,

Jet

23 Likes

Long live real deal Haze strains Toddā€¦
I grew Silver Haze (mid 90ā€™s era), Original Haze (mid 90ā€™s era) and Samā€™s Skunk Haze (early 2000ā€™s)thru Gypsy Nirvanaā€¦
Todays ā€œHazesā€ are watered-down varieties that dont have that Hazy flavor.
Id love to run some real-deal Haze again. *sigh
Just grew a Dinafem Amnesia Haze auto, got for freebie after a seed purchase. The plant was all lemon. Like lemon pledge, whereā€™s the Haze? nice stuff, but would be pissed if I paid for Haze and got that.
Keep up the solid work Todd. Nice to see peeps keeping real Haze alive.

3 Likes

How would you describe the ā€œHAZEā€ flavor??? I KNOW IT, I have it here, but CANNOT put into words what ā€œHAZEā€ isā€¦can you???

I have also noticed the lack of haziness in the newer stuff(Im old)

I have quite a few old timey hazes all from old-timer.
Actually quite a collection of his gear.

1 Like

Right B., like there is no red sap in the Cannabis genus?

1 Like

I have a Mazar I s from directly across the pond that has this trait also
I believe that DBHp as it also.

6 Likes

:thumbsup:

from @MomOnTheRun :nail_care: :rose: , Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

:baseball: outta left field! :joy:

:peace:

:evergreen_tree: that is not purple rooting hormone clonex

9 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had some other strains produce red sap after a cut but they werenā€™t like the DBHP. You can paint your face with the dripping blood from a crazy DBH. Take a look at one of my clones.

15 Likes

Alot of strains came out of some of them valleys over there.
3 strains just out of one even.
So itā€™s not impossible and probable that there was alot of cross pollination going on.
Especially with the winds blowing up the valley.

5 Likes

Shanti has held there work for years.
I believe Neville had legal problems and couldnā€™t leave Australia?
He reappeared mid to late noughties on mr nice. It ended in tears I got very through two thirds of grail thread then my life got in the way. Came back and things had gone tits up. Trolling made him bite, I remember him saying to one guy saying cause Iā€™m a cannabis guy donā€™t mean Iā€™m a pacifist Iā€™ll bang you strait on the nose!
He got in big row which I was too busy to follow. And outed Japan freak according to what I heard cause he was growing in Japan and a white dude?
Was trying to find a reliable source to his procure the Neville haze mullimbey crosses. But most of all the Oaxaca cross.
He was linked to reeferman but not sure if con at time so held off. Jesse from mr nice was doing legwork for him initially.
Just couldnā€™t find the deal that Iā€™d chance taking at time.
After that he stopped the freelance work and officially work on Australiaā€™s medical marijuana project . But he was suffering from hepititus.
Not every one liked him.
But heā€™s the only one that I ever felt I had something in common with.
Iā€™m not convormative and did feel I could relate to him.
Iā€™m not sure how to upload music so Iā€™m just going to tribute to him the song by the doors when your strange! And watch on you tube R.I.P I could relate to you. OCD to the core :v:

3 Likes

I have some Filipino x BSHW that apparently puts out red sap most of the time. Maybe something with the Pacific islandand the high sulfur content in the soil?

-GH

6 Likes

Nice, Iā€™m sure there are lots out there Iā€™ve just never personally experienced one as heavy bleeding as the DBH :v:

2 Likes

Well ya that came from Doc_d, was wondering where you got that from, I have his bshw f2ā€™s.
Docs a great guy.
Knew him quite well from CC but weve been on older sites together also.

4 Likes

Nevil from cancer and Subcool from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Whatā€™s the deal here? I thought Cannabis was safe to smoke and cured cancer. These premature deaths with strong correlation to cannabis consumption habits is unsettling.

Sometimes I wonder what the balance is. I used to think there was no such thing as smoking too much. But ya know, after about nine years of chain smoking 20-40 joints and a couple grams dry sift daily, Iā€™ve started to slow down. Really feeling it in my chest these days. Got all sorts of weird hard lumps showing up. Wonder what Iā€™ll think about Cannabis use in 2050.

4 Likes

I talk to Seattle Greg regularly. Heā€™s a hella nice guy ā€¦ I donā€™t want to disrespect him and ask him for gear ā€¦ Iā€™d be lying if the thought didnā€™t cross my mind lol . I love the history lessons and heā€™s open to sharing ā€¦ Heā€™s tight with Todd so idk??

Totally off topic but I have a cool story , I met Nevil during my first visit to Amsterdamā€¦ I was in Dam square and I wandered Into a tiny coffee shop . The place was called Emerald Triangle trading company .

The owner was American , we proceeded to talk about Cannabis Castle , Ben Dronkers and Nevil . I said I wanted to buy some SSH beans , he said thatā€™s ironic, Nevil should be by in 5 minutes .

So in walks Nevil in business attire and a leather attachĆ© case ā€¦Filled with double zero hash ā€¦ And seeded SSH buds ā€¦ My jaw dropped ā€¦ The owner of the shop proceeded to purchase the hash , than said Nevil has those seeds you were asking about ā€¦ He proceeded to pull out 20 or so beans from the seeded bud ā€¦ I was in my early 20ā€™s and Iā€™m still kicking myself in the ass for not breeding them, or preserving them , but Iā€™ll always have the memories ā€¦ Any naysayers , please donā€™t throw shade ā€¦ I have no reason to fabricate this story ā€¦ Thatā€™s all , I thought it was a cool story .

18 Likes