Neville’s Diesel Clone

maybe he meant gh bought the buds or paid for the grow and sent em to the cup, but never owned or grew the cuts themselves? Feels like it’s giving a lot of benefit to the doubt, though. Maybe neville was just bs’ing :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think GH grew most of the flower that they won cups with. They bought all kinds of flower from outside growers to sell in their coffeeshop and its my understanding that if anything super standout came through they would enter it in a cup and just re-name it to whatever a seedline they wanted to promote. So its entirely possible they won cups with flower from cuttings they didn’t actually have

4 Likes

The clone game is so seedy (ha) these days. At this point I think people are just going back on the old forums to find anything that sounds historically cool and could be hyped and renaming other clones as that. Maybe this here is a nice JH or SSH cutting of old or maybe somebody just popped some SSH or JH seeds a few months ago and found this and then found an old forum post it could possibly align with to add value to the cut.

Of course there is no proof that’s what’s happening in this particular instance but the point remains that there is no way to verify any of these cuts either. So really its a crap shoot and in the case that people can make money by fudging it, I’d assume they will

9 Likes

Neville had a lot of unfinished projects. His personal Kush lines, Mullumbimby Haze, Hashplants, NL2 reworking, C5 and A5 crosses, and lots more. He mentioned that one of his favorite projects was the Early Pearl line and he wanted to bring that back. I know some people say he was just crossing other people’s genetics together and cashing in on that. And not really a breeder himself. Some say the opposite, that he was one of the best with an eye for breeding. No matter how you look at it he had a huge impact on the cannabis community. I’m feeling the urge to continue his work like he would have wanted. It’s a challenge to put the pieces back together since he’s not around anymore to give direction and answer questions

9 Likes

True and dangerous statement at a time, because it’s a cold case in fact.
They won multiple (SP) cups circa 2007-2008 with an unique SSH#2 cut that they cycled ^^ Problem, they were not used to deal with spanish yet lol. After the first cups, the cut was sold in many growshops quickly so everybody around was smoking it before the second cup lol It’s how they get debunked in a miserable way. Now the sound suppressor of GHS is quite a masterpiece ^^

I don’t think he will play this card on this one, the niche aimed for this cut can just burn him in public place if it’s not a breeder cut. Polemic aside, it’s not a muddy cookie or a cascading F1 that smoke like two dozens others… not the same game to sell air. The “diesel card” is tried to maybe make it more sexy and enigmatic, but i don’t think it’s really sold as the genesis of the SD if you ask directly ^^

NL5HzC x SK1HzC

Still an excellent backbone to build what i call a “dutched haze”, only the right spice to find.
A gelato or a runtz in a first time i guess lol, at this price you start to rentabilize ^^

If you used to smoke daily SD and JH, you just can’t put this in another container than the “ego wars” one.

I don’t blame. I have my share of lines “discovered” with fancy stories that were just as easy to get than a click on one of my auction. I’m talking about only two IBLs, and it still affect me when i see some pedigrees. Now let’s imagine the situation with my whole genpool … what kind of mood i will have lol I’m just totally unable to imagine.

Let’s say that it’s talking about the type of render of the Amnesia Haze, that can be perceived with a “combustible” body (ether like) but at a light year from a smokey/gassy/musky SD. The organolapetic intensity also, i’ve not yet found something that beat the SD even in the more dirty skunks i was able to grow.

I’m not even talking about the very different potency profiles and levels, even at the botanic level … both are strictly opposites in nutes uptake ^^

It’s just business with this guy for me, but he was actually almost the only one to don’t show me a karma clone as SD, an obvious outcross or a boring story i don’t give a damn fck. I just searched to get back a specific plant i had, among other cuts grown (chaco, aj, ecsd).

He was also one of the rares taking the time to show me the “real time” motherplant used (i wasn’t thinking it as a privilege or a demanding attitude when i started to ask), some pics of customers and checking with me if it was the right cut (not necessary to sell me his headbanger ^^), with specific traits and timing. The circus, and i swear that I bite my lips, it was before finding him with the help of a bro. Really.

Also, since i revealed what i sourced … i got many messages to say he’s spreading plague, from persons that never buy a clone to the guy. I always appreciate this kind of prevention, but when nothing “prevented” is real lol, i start to ask myself wich competitor Cloney is itching ^^ Mine wasn’t only viroid-free, but also clean from everything else even fungi.

Now sincerely, if you buy a cut like a tomatoe in a supermarket … i sincerely envy your faith in humanity ^^ If you show that you want badly something asap but in showing obviously that you’re the perfect uneducated victim … from the seeds to the weed it’s not really a snow flakes business ^^

Holly shit i digressed a bunch.

3 Likes

This is why I asked, which cuts are fake

If someone has actual information, it’s welcomed

But if someone is just making vague allegations, it’s dime a dozen. Matt Riot told me, this and that are fake… he didn’t know i already verified it as real. People will lie to your face online just to say something.

3 Likes

:grin::grin::ok_hand:

3 Likes

I mean I have a Jack Herer F181 S1 that I found from seeds from Mel frank… It’s got a nice coffee fuel thing going on and goes 14+weeks.

3 Likes

Mel Frank or not, the JH beat them all anyway ^^ Can’t live without lol

3 Likes

I just want that JH that made me go cross eyed when I smoked a 1g joint after a break… very focused

3 Likes

What I like about her is that if you need to pull her at 8 weeks the smokes ok at least and not a loss. But if you let her go. The rank beyond comes out and the true mind bending comes. She’s a bleeder too which is wild as you can have nice dark nitrogen filled stalks that once cut just dump red.

4 Likes

8 weeks is faster that the skunk that it contain, if you get an “ok” kick at this stage on a JH … you have an hell of a keeper buddy.

1 Like

I remember when I was visiting Fantaseeds garden in Amsterdam around 1998 they had a nice Jack Herer plant flowering in the bathroom. Probably the best JH I’ve ever seen.
I wish I had a cutting of that one.

2 Likes

Guy on discord had 10k jack

He asked, does anybody know 10k jack? This doesn’t look right. Posted a pic of ugly jack

I’m like, well, that looks like jack, but you need to feed it better

Next run around, new picture

Looked much better… more like 7k jack not 10k jack but he got it to swell up more and look right.

Not sure why I mentioned that, just was an interesting experience in seeing a plant be more true to what it’s supposed to be

I hope that guy has it at 10k now, it was a big improvement

3 Likes

10k jack is too indica for my tastes.

That’s pretty interesting as that trait seems to mainly only be in The Blood and it’s relatives :thinking:

1 Like