New case affects probable cause...not

The case was decided in the police favor
You can be pulled over because you are NERVOUS
because you are staying in the wrong hotel!
Because you are on the wrong side of town…and if you have a smell of marijuana they can then search your car and Residence…

Does this surprise you?

Cops operate more or less with impunity as long as they don’t hassle the rich and powerful.

It took global riots for them to charge the cops involved with the Floyd murder.

7 Likes

While I agree with the general sentiment here…the stop was for seat belt violation and expired tags. A legal stop. The guy admits he had pot in the car allowing the cops in the door. Totality of the circumstances is definitely not in defendants favor.

I didn’t read far enough to see how the car stop justified the motel search…that is curious.

4 Likes

They aren’t supposed to pull folks over for being in the “wrong area” alone…but if they want to pull you over they’ll find a reason to do so. Almost everyone is committing a minor infraction every time they drive.

It boggles my mind how many people speed, don’t wear seatbelts, roll with expired tags and no insurance, tinted windows, music loud, lights out, roll stop signs, don’t use signals when changing lanes, etc.

I always take steps to limit police interaction. The most common way to interact with police is in a car, so it’s critically important to manage that risk.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m with you friend. I learned many years ago of the dangers of cars. I don’t even drive dirty ever anymore and I still make sure all my signal and brake lights work, seatbelts on, no subs, lights, attention grabbers. Make sure my tags, registration, insurance etc. are all in order. Still sweat when cops are behind me too :rofl:

6 Likes

Let me set the stage…

I always drive safe. I was driving my now ex wife, dad, and stepmom. I didn’t run a yellow and they were laughing, I say “Dumbest thing to get pulled over for is not wearing your seatbelt or trying to beat a yellow.”
The ex goes “it’s because you always have pot on you.”

And that was the day I smoked a Doobie with my dad for the first time lol

9 Likes

Yes …never tell them. Insist on remaining silent. Stay clean. I say this and I have a joint in my truck with a lighter and hate using my seatbelt.

1 Like

I actually got a ticket for running a yellow because I didn’t clear the light! Norman Oklahoma PD don’t play…it didn’t help I had Missouri plates.
Lady leo jumped out with a hand on the Gun yelled at me to keep my hands on the wheel, where was I going where did I work what’s me address… the whole deal…nasty stop.

2 Likes

DONT TALK TO THE POLICE…DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS…DO NOT CONSENT TO ANY TESTS…SIMPLY STATE…I don’t answer any question, I do not consent to any searches and I will not take any roadside tests, here is my driver’s license, registration and proof of insurance…thank you trooper, deputy or officer but NEVER EVER SIR!

3 Likes

Yellow lights, shit… don’t fuck with yellow lights. I got my rear passenger side destroyed because (I was in the intersection at the time, not the turn lane) I got hit turning left on a yellow. AND I GOT the ticket. Never mind the fact I GOT HIT at 60MPH (what the fuck was this ladies problem?)

I am always spotting police cars. Unmarked police cars are my specialty. No one else looks for them. But I am terrified to get pulled over. I’m anxious all the time, and I have serious emotional problems in regards to organizations with hard to follow rules. I sweat over tax returns and shit, because I’m subconsciously terrified of making a mistake. Not the punishment, just the scrutiny. Once they put their foot in the door, it’s fucking all over. You are essentially powerless to defend yourself other than shutting up.

But I digress… because how many times have I been pulled over? Like 3 or 4 times in like ten years of driving? I don’t know. Maybe I wouldn’t mind so much if I wasn’t terrified of exposing my grow, or getting a DWI, I wouldn’t care so much. But full disclosure I am melanin challenged. I’m told that makes a difference.

3 Likes

:neutral_face: @ChemicalDependant

And that is the rest of the story We need to get all the facts and we aren’t there

True dar
But the decision has implications far beyond this case unfortunately