New grow auto's and photo

Lol if you think I know a lot about growing pot I can promise you I know more about stressing a plant and “NOT” growing pot :skull: #hoodinihasSGS

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: it’s all a big learning curve for me this is only my second grow

2 Likes

I’m learning daily. Who’d have thought you get as much cbd from hemp as you do from normal cannabis :rofl:

3 Likes

@Smokinsammy if you planted a seed for the first time and 4 months later you went out and the plant was 20ft tall and had 1 pound buds on it, what would you learn from that? (You’ve got a unicorn pooping in your lawn that’s what :unicorn::poop:) it’s from the grows, like you are experiencing now that you gain the most knowledge, then you go from FUBAR (f*cked up beyond all repair) and you still manage to pull a harvest from it no matter what the yield taste smoke etc. Just keep what your doing and asking questions and you will get your 20ft tall plants in no time 🖒
@Esrgood4u- I learn at least one new thing a day or it wasn’t a good day imo

4 Likes

:rofl:

It’s a confusing issue for sure. First and foremost, we have the species of plant, Cannabis. This is further devided into three subspecies that have now been changed, Cannabis Indica (formerly C. Sativa), Cannabis Afghanica (formerly C. Indica), and Cannabis Sativa (formerly C. Ruderalis).

Hemp is cannabis that is bred for fiber or seed production, and because of the legal status must be low THC. Marijuana is cannabis that is bred for cannabinoids, particularly THC. Both Hemp and Marijuana can be bred from any of the subspecies.

3 Likes

Technically and legally, all cannabis, whether rope or dope, is classified as Cannabis sativa. Regardless of origin, all cannabis is considered Cannabis sativa (C. sativa) under international law. However, according to Hemp Diseases and Pests, Dr. J. M. McPartland, R. C. Clarke, and D. P. Watson, CAB International, Cannabis sativa can be further classified as: Cannabis sativa (= C. sativa var. sativa), Cannabis indica (= C. sativa var. indica), Cannabis ruderalis (= C. sativa var. spondanea), Cannabis afghanica (= C. sativa var. afghanica). Each has distinct growth patterns, look, smell, taste, etc.
@ReikoX this changed?

2 Likes

We are probably never going to get rid of the current meanings for Indica and Sativa. R.C Clarke (Marijuana Botany) proposed Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) and Broad Leaf Drug (BLD) but that never caught on. Doesnt quite roll off the tongue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As more science is allowed to be done, they will have to settle on the nomenclature. The proposal I quoted is from 2015, so who knows what to call it now?

2 Likes

i call it weed…
or fun

or a pain in ass hobby…

but mostly I just call it life…

I’m not a botanist, nor do I care for the Latin terminology…yes everything is technically
C. Sativa…
but if you wanna be an ass… it looks like this lol

Kingdom- Plantae – Plants
Subkingdom -Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
Superdivision- Spermatophyta – Seed plants
Division - Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
Class -Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
Subclass- Hamamelididae
Order -Urticales
Family -Cannabaceae – Hemp family
Genus -Cannabis L. – hemp
Species -Cannabis sativa L. – marijuana
and then c.s. sativa, indica, ruderalis and afghani

sooo I mean… lol

edit: I say I’m not a botanist but 2 years at university was devoted to life sciences for my psych degree and my microbio minor…

3 Likes

but shoot… we’re off track… sorry OP…

we got lost in thread thoughts

Haha, reminds me of that scene in Grandma’s Boy, I dont care what it’s called, I just want a bag of weed.

2 Likes

I swear every person that I get something from hypes it up… “oh gotta get this “gods jizzum” bud man!!” then comes all the “cool” and “potent” discussion to which I ask “Will it get me high?” and they look surprised that I don’t care for names…

I didn’t come from someone I know that grows or from a dispensary with a label… I dont care hat it’s called… just say “hey I got your bag” and move along youngin lol

1 Like

Autos tent to have medium potency and regular seeds are higher imo.

1 Like

the girls 3 week in from planting

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hey @Smokinsammy ,
Whatever you’re doing with the northern lights, it’s looking better than it was… LITFA…?
Top left looking great… they look like they’ll all grow fine… keep it up bud…
Happy growing ,
Gaz

1 Like

girls have had a little feed tonight apart from the NL just plain water for her 3 weeks in just wish the NL would start growing a bit better

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me how long it will be for my NL to start growing at a normal rate it is 3 weeks in from planting is suffering from heat burn and maybe transplant shock and some sort of deficiency I am in two minds weather to just stop wasting my time with it and bin it and start one of my white widow auto’s

First pitsols showing through this morning on the two auto’s both looking great imo the NL is getting binned there is no sign of any new growth it’s been nearly 2 weeks since transplanted think I am just wasting my time with it

Well that’s the NL out of the tent and I the bin so only the two auto’s to look after the auto I have growing outside was growing better than the NL and it’s been outside since planted. Win some u lose some

2 Likes