New grow auto's and photo

You increase it each feed by around 100 ppm until you see nutrient burn on the leaf tips then back off. I have mine in soil at around 600. The one I have in the bubbler I pushed her right up to 1400 before I seen any adverse effects and backed off slightly.

That explains it better than I’m able to

I haven’t went th entire thread yet but at first glance looking at you mediums IMO it doesn’t have very much aeration in it , I’d add more if you could!

3 Likes

Cat claw leaf curl has to do with overwatering which could be a result Of soggy feet add more aeration to the mix!

1 Like

I’ll ditto that remark ! It’s all about learning and applying and tons of reading !

3 Likes

I have binned the NL was sick of wasting my time with it all 3 were planted in coco terra professional soil my other two r doing great so.how can it be the soil also they were all Watered the same amount at the same time surly if it was the soil or over watering the other tow would of been the same

So do u ph the water first then add nutrients and check ppm?

No. Add nutrients then adjust ph mate. You will find that the nutrients will get your ph more or less where it needs to be so only a slight ph adjustment will be needed

How I mix my nutrients.
Regular tap water. I don’t bother de chloronate it.
Check ppm of water (mines usually 150ppm)
600 - 150ppm = 450
450 ÷ 2 = 225ppm
Part A of nutrients I add until the ppm shows 375ppm then I add part B until I hit the 600ppm goal.
Once I have that correct I alter the ph if it’s needed using ph down. In soil I aim for about 6.2 ph.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info I try to get my ph around 6 to 6.5 somewhere in-between that I ordered some canna vega and canna flores will give them a try they had very good reviews so see how they go I ordered a ppm meter aswell

1 Like

With a ppm meter you need to ignore the doses they tell you on the nutrient bottles. The idea is to push the plants to their limits each feed until you see a negative reaction from them like slight nutrient burn then back off with the nutrients ever so slightly so they are happy. It’s kind of like when we eat. We keep filling our faces until it makes us feel bloated/sick. Each time we do it we are able to take a little bit more each time. Eventually we start to pile on the weight :+1: good luck @Smokinsammy

2 Likes

Cheers @Esrgood4u I will need it lol

1 Like

new nutrients came this morning just in time for the girls another feed they r getting hungry of late looking forward to see how much this stuff improves them

3 Likes

Well the girls look like they enjoyed the new nutes they both have had a good growth spurt through the night will upload some pics soon I am well pleased

2 Likes

Like I said push them as far as you can making sure you monitor the ppm levels as you go until you see undesirable effects then back off a little. You “should” see a huge difference compared to when you follow the bottles directions :+1:

2 Likes

they both mush of grown a good inch in height and just bigger on size all around

2 Likes

The bottle said to add 50ml to 10 litres of water I only done 25ml it defo worked and no signs of any nute burn will up it to about 35ml-40ml on next feed I am watering every 4 days atm

2 Likes

@Smokinsammy :+1: and @Esrgood4u is giving you good advise​:+1:

2 Likes

:rofl: I don’t even read the bottle instructions. I start at 400 ppm bloom and push mine as far as they allow. But I suppose increasing the ml per litre each feed is just the same really. The plants will tell you if they are not happy :+1:

1 Like

I second that :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Would I be OK taking some of the larger fan leafs off the girls r filling out nicely but would like to tidy them up I am a month in from planting

1 Like