New Grow Reboot- newb2.0 doing newb things

Its the @GrowHard Blue OG x Snow Lotus. I hate having to type that cross all the time and just shortened it unofficially to blue snow.

Theres some info earlier in this thread about it.

4 Likes

How many days did it end up going sorry if I’ve asked multiple times already lol

1 Like

Blue Ox, is that what you mean?

1 Like

Pretty sure I ran it 10 weeks. I’ll go back in this thread and see but I dont think it went sooner.

1 Like

If it’s in here I’ll track it down

Heres the thread about the strains he ran in that unknown mother give away. It’s Blue OG, a clone only strain out of Denver that has been tested supposedly above 30%.

2 Likes

First plant I took at 10, took it closer to 11 on second round. Post 85 or so

Thinking back- the plant I took an extra week seemed like it went too long, looked a little degraded after a month or 2 cure, so recommendation is 10 weeks as the sweet spot.

1 Like

I posted in the trading moderated thread that i was thinking of making the rest of this pack available. I think I’m moving on from this strain, you interested in a trade?

You mean like Babe the Blue Ox :ox: and Paul Bunyan? :unamused::grin:

1 Like

Yea something like that, the reason I asked is i have a blue ox x snow lotus bx v1 of his also.

Yes I might be what we’re you looking for in a trade !

Been sampling the @tappy JOTI cross and @Mongobongo cracker mountain.

Cracker Mountain was last thing I smoked last night before 9pm. That shit knocked my ass out! Was asleep on the couch watching tv before I could even make it past 930!

@OleReynard AK47 looking like it’ll only be a few more days, almost all cloudy trichomes. The other cracker mountains in 5 gal plants have a deficiency or nute lockout and will come down when the AK does. Then the flower room is dedicated to my spirit train project

7 Likes

I like to hear that about strains and I do have cracker

1 Like

So I need OG feedback to help me decide on what to run next. My grow in this thread is winding down, being replaced by my spirit train OP project. Once I finish that run for f2 seeds and stagger in another run of my spirit train females to not be seeded, I’m going to put that project on the shelf so I can pop some new strains and grow for the flower and not seeds. Eventually I’ll come back to the spirit train and work it in the train wreck direction but I’m not looking to tie up my room for more than 2 runs for seeds right now.

So I got all these seeds, both purchased from breeders, OG runs, and mainly a few strains I picked up from a member here who was trimming his collection. Im gravitating toward some of the strains from the member who trimmed down the collection just bc I think there are some heavy hitters in there that really interest me- Karma’s OG, CSI Chem D S1, Tropicanna cookies, headbands x the white…

But then I have this other idea- pick 3 or so strains that share a common parent and grow them out to compare/contrast the parents’ influence on the cross, and potentially work it in the direction to bring more of that parent out.

For example, I have @Sebring Maui sunshine, (Maui wowie x SSDD), sunshine 4 (SSDD x Chem 4). And I have SSDD f2s & 3s. And to top it off I have Chem D, and the heirloom Maui wowie cherry bomb. I could start by popping the Maui sunshine and sunshine 4, grow those out, inject some more SSDD into the genetic pool, or conversely, throw some chem in and see what comes out. And work the line towards one parent or another. This idea really intrigues me but I wonder what sort of results I would come to expect?

I’m at a bit of a crossroads here- not having really undertaken and completed any breeding/crossing I want some more experience tooling around w it. But at the same time I’m like, cut the crap, pick a heavy hitter and try to find a keeper pheno out of the OG or Tropicanna cookies.

Idk, need some feedback and a push in one direction to solidify my decision. Whats OG say? Do I need to put the whole list up and just let OG decide on my next run?

3 Likes

Just wait till you get a few hundred strains or 500 for all that matters.

3 Likes

You definitely want to get the heirloom mwcb in there…i have Sebrings f4 MWCB close to finishing,in fact i just took a bud to quick dry to have a sample as its been torture smelling these ladies sickly swee putred rotting berry,skunky rancid fruity minty eucalyptus aroma.2 will finish on the 8 week mark and the other 4 look like they will go 9 to 11 weeks but they are beautiful plants to grow…i bought his new f5 release and the hierloom shishkaberry to.cannot wait to grow both out.
I say go with the SS crosses can never have to much sunshine

4 Likes

Hmmm…great feedback, thanks! Leaning towards sunshine 4, SSDD F3 (just bc those are the first seeds I made myself) and the MWCB.

Definitely next up then becomes karma’s OG and/or the headbanger x the white

5 Likes

I have no freaking clue how you ever make a decision with that many strains!!

3 Likes

@50State Sunshine 4 F2 & @OleReynard Karma OG hitting the dirt tonight. On the hunt for a keeper female from both, have high hopes. Got cold feet on the Sebring Maui wowie cherry bomb with a few mentions of herms or males recently. Plus I think managing 2 strains is the way to go vs 3. Been awhile on this thread since ive been on the other thread w my spirit train project.

Soaking peat pellets in aloe water now, just waiting for them to expand.

5 Likes

I’m sure Maui wowie are fine mines a full on male I’ve got 3 more started if the females look anything close in structure to this male should be some nice plants .
I’ll follow along see how the karma Kush do I know you’ll be happy with the sunshine 4 .

5 Likes