New here, 2x3x3 Cab [Complete] [480w SolStrips]

I wish I would have remote mounted the drivers and just ran heavier wire to the fixtures. Would have made it much ezyer to hang the lights plus if you need to change out a driver you ain’t got to take the light down to replace it. Also you can remote mount the dimmers where you want them wish I would have done that as well.

2 Likes

Hey! Yeah I know what you mean. Convenience sometimes is an afterthought isn’t it lol.

1 Like

I agree, I love my remote ballasts/drivers. I even removed the ballast from my T5 fixture and made it remote :wink:

1 Like

yes i initially had mine sitting on top of my heatsink (not mounted) but heat was becoming an issue so i removed them from the tent and room and have them on a cold concrete floor to act as heatsink. i wish i would have bought some kind of wire that had 2 separate wires wrapped in a jacket to keep things nice and neat because i don’t have heatshrink or whatever. i ended up just taping the 2 wires together every 6 inches for 20 feet for each driver. annoying!!

how are temps for your lamp when running on max??

1 Like

The highest i’ve run them is 300w, at 300w the outside 2 strips (least airflow around them) are 94F and the inner strips run 84F with some variation

Think of it like this, if my strips were numbered, 1 and 10 being outside strips, the temps would be as such

1. 94
  2. 92
  3. 88
  4. 84
  5. 84
  6. 84
  7. 84
  8. 88
  9. 92
  10. 94

Can you tell which 4 strips get the best airflow around them? lol

Edit, I should also mention, Ambient temp in the cab is a steady 82F while lights are on. it only fluctuates +/- 1 degree before my Cloudline T4 raises or lowers fan speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to put a fan above my lights just to get the air to move and cool more evenly that little fan you got there on he floor can you mount that up higher or make it blow the air in a circle. It will help to even things out you don’t have to worry so much about under the lights yet. Still plenty far away before they start nuking. Rember most heat is coming off the top that’s where you want to start with air circulation. Once it starts getting cramped in there air flow over the your heat sinks is going to start to be hard with a fan on the floor.

? Does the pot have to be in the box 2?
Holes in bottom of cab air in?
Mount that power strip on the outside of box. Taking up needed room and you don’t want to mess with it later. Plus it’s just extra heat.
Give us update pick I lost mine in the phone.

these fans do a figure 8 while oscillating but they are kind of pricey. i grabbed one of these oscillating tower fans from walmart for like $20 for air circulation under my canopy

That’s to much fan just needs one mounted in the corner blowing into opisite corner maybe tilted down a little just enough to get the air moving all over. Nothing wrong with em fans but there to big for this application I think. Better yet get your self an fan controller for that small fan jelly and bam dial that baby rate in.

My sentiments exactly. You have to be aware of voltage drop (use this handy calculator) but with good wire there’s no reason why you can’t mount your drivers six to ten feet away from the lamp array, which allows you to mount the driver on the ceiling of the space or outside the grow space entirely. While it removes some heat, the main advantage is ease of hanging and moving your lights.

All SolStrip lights and kits include drivers wired at each end, with 4 feet of standard 3-conductor 16 gauge wire on the AC side, with 6 feet of insulated 2-conductor 16 gauge stranded copper wire on the DC side. The DC wire is terminated with a waterproof screw-together cable connector that allows for easy connect/disconnect from the lamp for maintenance and reconfiguration.

4 Likes

Fancy what’s the cost of your lights or kits?

You can find all of that info at the SolStrip website, or PM me for a quote on a custom configuration.

-b420

2 Likes

Jelly things are looking great, so damn jealous of the sol strips…

Excited for you brother

3 Likes

Me too @Baudelaire! Great product from a stand up, true cannafarian. It doesnt get any better than that my brother. Onward! Through the fog!

5 Likes

That’s like me . I didn’t have a clue , how to post pics, I still can’t take a decent pic , ! As still learning how to work the camera on the kindle fire. Lololololol. Best of luck , with your grow .mechelle x :blush::slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Informative thread to bring back out of the shadows.