New here, 2x3x3 Cab [Complete] [480w SolStrips]

I love that Coco Loco. It’s been the base of my ROLS up until recently. You will need to remineralize and ammend it though before reusing it, the lime runs out fast.

1 Like

I’m bad with acronyms what is ROLS lol Sounds like there could be a potential guide in order for re amending CoCo Loco. Do you find you can use straight water for a whole grow with it?

Also, Here’s a pic of the seedlings. Starting to look like they need the food and properly PH’d water.

2 on the left are bag seed. Center two are SSH, Top right is White Widow Auto, and Bottom right is a bag seed that somehow the tap root broke but it’s rooting itself so it’s slower than the others. The white widow auto seems to be stuck in this phase of no growth. Oh well, I was gonna grow it out in the shed and to be honest it probably would have gotten neglected lol.

4 Likes

ROLS = Recycled Organic Living Soil. I’m still learning and experimenting. I have been able to go water only with a light feeder, usually used the Biocanna line to supliment.

1 Like

So I got the fan in today, And I gotta say if their packagings any indication of the quality of the fan, I’m… well, a FAN lol. Everything is bagged up, there is a tray for the electronics and accessories, and the controller even comes with a stencil so you can accurately cut a hole for it. (Which I will be doing lol)

On the highest speed, it still feels like it moves more air than my “Ipower” 4" metal fan. It’s quiet too, barely louder than a whisper.

NO VIBRATION either. So I can hard mount it without worrying about vibrating the house making even more noise.

They offer these in 4", 6", and 8" models. Another fun fact is they give you plenty of cord.

And possibly the neatest feature to me, Each controller can control two identical fans. So If i were to order another 4" fan, I could run two of them off the same controller. That’s pretty damn neat if you ask me.

2 Likes

I like your setup. If you need any help with your setup I grow in fabric pots with coco also. I use small pots either 1,2 or 3 gallons depending on how I feel and feed every hour when the lights are on. You have to wait until the plants develop roots that fill the container to do this or they will grow slowly, but when they are ready they will grow like crazy.

Those look like nice fans. DC powered too so they are probably low draw and should be quiet. I want one of the 6 inch ones.

2 Likes

Thanks! I eventually will have everything automated, I’d like to grow multiple plants eventually (Probably SOG style) and the watering every hour in small containers would not work if I had to do it by hand lol.

Everything so far you’ve said is spot on. Quiet, low power, full featured. Only thing yet to be seen is how they pull through carbon filters. (static pressure)

i fart harder than that

3 Likes

(static pressure) insert Bowie/Queen duet under pressure.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/YoDh_gHDvkk

3 Likes

Hahaha, You could have posted all three of those in one post tho :-p

Great song. Relevant to the topic lol.

1 Like

Scatterd thoughts in addled brain!

2 Likes

Well, I welcome everyone to post any thoughts. Thanks for contributing lol

3 Likes

You definitely need a pump timer! I’ve been using Sonoff iot relays for automation. They are really easy and cheap. An Arduino or Raspberry based setup would be much cleaner and flexible, but for the price and lack of programming and research required Sonoffs kick ass!

There are also some stand alone recycle timers on Amazon for around $30 that would actually work better than the Sonoffs. They Sonoff app, EweLink (like a sheep but also like the ubiquitous U-whatever app naming nonsense) only allows you to go down to minutes for the loop timers (among other shortcomings)

I didn’t see the spec for static pressure. Is it bad? I don’t use any filters so my little 4x4 tent has a PC fan for exhaust. I think they create almost no pressure, but it works for me.

@RickSanchez There ya go, from earlier in the thread.

Thanks, I still don’t really know what 156 Pascals is…

except that it is less power than one of Uncle Al’s farts :mask:

3 Likes

Then we are in the same boat. I mentioned earlier i’d understand it better if it were in PSI.

Google says 156 pascals is = 0.0226258871 pounds per square inch lmfao. Doesn’t seem like much but hey, it sucks and blows hahaha

2 Likes

So I’m getting a list of stuff up that I need to obtain tomorrow while out shopping.

For the door, I was going to use a blackout curtain but I just held it up to the cabinet and it sucked in, I feel like over time that will piss me off, so I think i’m going to go with a sheet of plywood and use a dowel system to locate the door in place. I’ll cut notches in the dowel and be able to “lock it” into place. Just seems easier and wood is cheap enough that I don’t have to get a headache working this out.

I think i’ll mount the fan on the left side of the cab. I’ll need to get an elbow to accomplish this. I know elbows cut down on the air flow but at the same time This isn’t a huge space. I think with my lights turned down to 250-350w this fan is gonna work fine.

I can’t wait to build my light and get something going!
Also need to look for some kind of container/tray so my plants have somewhere to drip into. I’m probably going to 3d print some grow bag stands after I decide on a container to line the bottom of my cab.

1 Like

Tagging my buddy @horribleherk56 whom I just invited to join us over here.

Let me know if you need any help getting around the place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks jelly this seems cool I’ve heard people talk of this site I like the general attitude so far I would like to get both my grows on one thread at some point & learn how to post pics

3 Likes