New here, 2x3x3 Cab [Complete] [480w SolStrips]

If you use a PC it’s as simple as dropping the pic into your reply, waiting a sec for it to upload. The site has a handy preview pane on the right, after a couple of posts and getting some likes you’ll be able to upload multiple pics into one post.

Or, you can use the “Upload button”

You’ll catch on quick :slight_smile:

that fan looks badass @Jellypowered i want to get one of those. mine is super loud. hey @horribleherk56 welcome!

I have an apple I-pad & im borderline computer illiterate I know I’ve got to make some posts & all that before I can get privileges like that but I think I’ll get the hang of it as I learn to navigate around I’ve been on that other site the last 8 years old habits die hard lol my grows are kicking ass & kingklonebrand clones are legit I’m a few weeks away from harvests both leds although different are programming & the royal gold tupur is really getting my attention

3 Likes

If you don’t have chrome on your ipad, use that. It’ll make things quite a bit easier imo.

Glad to hear your harvest is near! I’ve been dumping a bunch of money into an indoor space, guess I’m getting old I don’t really feel like going out to the shed to check on my plants in the cold lol.

I’m coming up on 61 next month my room is a few minor details from being livable I’ve done how I should of from the beginning now I’m focusing my attention on 2 perpetual tents next project is gonna be a clone veg area which won’t take much as I’m doing single plant grows with the Scrog in 3x3 tents

1 Like

Hello and welcome @horribleherk56! You will settle in and have the site wired in no time. :grin:

1 Like

Well, I’ve decided to mount the fan controller directly onto the cab. SO, I had to make some dust. I don’t have a jigsaw or i’d have used that… Probably would have been a lot less sanding to make it fit…

FUCK. It’s not level… the pics make it very apparent lol.

I can’t mount the fan until I get my elbow, as I won’t know where to put it until the elbow is secure in it’s place.
Tomorrow i’ll almost be done with the cab! Now I gotta clean all that dust I just made up.

4 Likes

Thank you! Hope to be navigating my way around soon & at some point getting my grows posted

1 Like

lol that’s funny its probably only a 1/4" out at most but you’re right it’s very apparent. that controller is actually a lot smaller than i originally thought, it really fits in perfectly where you have it mounted. looks real snazzy

1 Like

20 bucks says next time you see a picture i will have leveled it. I can’t stand it lol. Wifey said “Why the fuck are you growling at your computer?” I told her because the pictures make it very apparent that the controller isn’t level… She just laughed at me. It’s amazing what a good woman will put up with lol.

I did measure and center it within 1/8" lol.

3 Likes

Got this as level as I could without screwing up it being light tight.

Mounted the fan directly to the cab, little to no vibration and I’m fine with that. I caulked the 4" elbow in place, since I ran the wires through the gap it seemed like a good idea.

To caulk the gap I had to of course put a backing of some sort, so handy HVAC tape.

Sound meter, I started in the laundry room and walked slowly into the bathroom where I have this cab. Loudest it got was what the sound meter considers “normal conversation”

My window A/C unit is louder than this fan is… I like it’s features too. So WIN WIN for me :slight_smile:

Here is my light proofing solution on the panel that hides the “hump” and wires and all that. Flat black on the side that faces the hump, I still need to paint the soffit vent flat black (@Baudelaire is the one who suggested this, I hope I took his meaning correctly) on both sides, then finish painting the panel to prevent any mold/mildew. Just need to drill a hole and maybe get a gromet for the temperature probe to go through so I can move it about the cab and check temps in various places.

And for what I thought was a great idea… (Time will tell) I bought plastic cardboard and some small aluminum angle for my door. Just slides up and down, hard to tell in the 2nd pic below that I have a little metal tab the door sits on (not that it really moves now that the angle is in place) but even with the fan on max it doesn’t bow the plastic. If the heat of a grow ends up helping to bow the plastic i’ll glue something to the front to help support it. Won’t be pretty but stealth isn’t a concern here.

I have some painting to do (Door, Second coat on inside of cab, some areas that need flat black)
And there is about 40 3/4" holes on the top I think i’m just going to put hvac tape on and ignore since I can’t see the top of the cab lol.

Just waiting on my sinks to get in… Man I’ve almost got this done!

5 Likes

lol looks to me like you overcorrected and it’s out of level the other way now :stuck_out_tongue: well, parallel anyways. but i’m not a finish carpenter. jokes aside though it really does look great. can’t wait to see it with plants.i may have missed this. what are you putting in it?

1 Like

Well, the top of the controller is level with the line where the two boards come together, that’s good enough for me haha!

1 Like

Looking great jelly! That shit is going to serve you well. Nice to see craftsmanship like yours! It will last a life time if you dont dismantle and rebuild it 100 times before then

1 Like

I have been known to do things like that, lol. It should last quite a while… I’ll probably end up adding support to the bottom legs, once I get wet growing medium in there, I don’t wanna take any chances of it falling. It’s pretty sturdy but I like to over build.

1 Like

I’ve got two SSH (Super Silver Haze, unknown breeder) and three bagseed. I’m pretty much just gonna let them do their thing to try and dial the setup in.

Like I said, I’m just waiting on my heatsinks now…

I also fed my seedlings tonight, I did everything hopefully “right” this evening.
Recalibrated my Milwauke PH600 after a 30 minute soak in bottled water (per instructions)
Started with a Gallon of Distilled Water, added nutes (Emerald Harvest Micro, Grow, Bloom) to an EC of .5 or 500 ppm whichever you like.
PH was 5.5 so I didn’t do anything (Coco-perlite mix, about 70/30) as i’ve read 5.5 is good for coco.

Watered till run off. They were looking very light green so I think it was time to start them out on some food.

I can’t wait to get this setup dialed in and then try out some No Till type stuff. Water only and top dressing sounds amazingly simpler than mixing all these damn bottles, worrying about ph, etc.

2 Likes

That corrugated plastic is surprisingly sturdy stuff. I used it to build my colesium and it worked out perfect.

1 Like

i think your conversion is a bit off. 1 EC = 500, 640/650, or 700ppm depending on your conversion factor. ppm meters mostly work by measuring EC and converting and it depends on which conversion factor you use and there are lots of different ones depending on the salt. US generally uses 0.5 which measures the sodium chloride, 0.7 is widely used across europe/australia and measures the potassium chloride content. you’ll also find 0.64 or 0.65. here is a list of which manufacturers use which scale.

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried some regular cardboard just to see if i’d like the idea… and sure enough I decided plastic would be great (With some help from suggestions over at IC)

It really is strong, but longer sections bend easy haha, it was very windy today and getting it out of the store into the car was like parasailing haha.

1 Like

I wouldn’t doubt it. I have a cheap no name purple PPM meter.
It reads 500 ppm when on the “ppm” mode, Unsure of which ec scale it uses. 2 ml of each bottle per gallon is what I used. It’s the recommended “seedling” schedule for Emerald Harvest, and when I used them last time I found they aren’t a “hot” brand of nutes so I have been following the schedule in the past.

From a post I made about my meter on another forum

On the meter…

I don’t think my meter has the ability to shift scales, but here is the description from the site I purchased it from.

Features:

• Lock function - makes it easy to read and record, press HOLD button then remove from test solution.
  • 4 Display modes: press SHIFT button: TDS - ppm & °C, EC - µs/cm & °C, TDS - ppm & °F, EC - µs/cm & °F.
  • 5 minute Auto Shut Off feature, so battery won’t run down.
  • Measurement Range: Conductivity: 0 - 9990 µs/cm TDS: 0 - 9990 ppm (parts per million) Degrees Celsius: 0.1 - 80.0°C, Fahrenheit: 32.0 - 176.0°F
  • Accuracy: ± 2%

Looks like it’s not a scale at all, but a measurement. If i understand it properly, my “ec” reading of 1324µs/cm would be an EC of 1.3 ish.

Sound about right?