New Mexico cannabis seizures

seems like southern New Mexico is not a place to be transporting Mary jane…

7 Likes

It sounds like theft to support dark budgets.

6 Likes

land of the free, and home of brave…

4 Likes

I think I might have a pretty good idea why but I’d rather not discuss anything political. :laughing:. Key words, only southern NM. If you’ve watched movies like scarface you could piece together my hypothesis

4 Likes

That was Montana not New Mexico.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any coverage about this except the posted link which said NM. Apologize if I mixed It up.

1 Like

No no Scarface Montana not Scarface New Mexico

5 Likes

“Although medical and recreational marijuana may be legal in some U.S. States and Canada, the sale, possession, production and distribution of marijuana or the facilitation of the aforementioned remain illegal under U.S. federal law, given the classification of marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance”

So, its legal, you just can’t possess it…? Wha? American laws are messed up… That’s so brutal, but I want to go to the burn party, lol.

1 Like

It’s legal enough for them to take it from you and them not get in trouble while in possession of your hard work. Lol

2 Likes

Already went through this same article on the current events thread. Pretty sure there’s nothing to see here, at least as far as conspiracies… it’s CBP confiscating this stuff, so it’s just someone in the administration making the political decision to step up border enforcement before the election since they’re going to be under attack for being weak on the border in a few months… to the extent they’re not already, anyway. :roll_eyes: The campaigning hasn’t really stopped for years, but the media always steps up coverage around election time. Anyway, CBP isn’t covered by the Cole Memo, so they treat all cannabis the same, as illegal smuggling - regardless of what state licenses anyone has. Only reason it’s New Mexico is that the southern border is the political landmine.

6 Likes

Sounds like what was going on in California in the early 2000’s

1 Like

It’s a total legal labyrinth, right? Legal in some states, but not federally. American laws can be a real head-scratcher. But hey, nothing wrong with enjoying the burn party while we navigate the legal maze, right? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That was the CAMP operation, right?