Mephisto US customers seed shipments siezed

I didn’t know Mephisto did direct seed sales. But they are having problems. I have been saying this for a while… but marijuana seeds aren’t legally hemp just because they test under 0.3 THC. They also have to have been grown on a legal hemp farm. So I am watching this case closely. It may turn into the test case for mail-order seed sales within the US that I have been expecting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MephHeads/comments/pt6bkn/recent_shipmenttracking_issues/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

11 Likes

Wow, this is insane. Meph Heads acting like literal Meph Heads lol. The one comment talks about how someone called in to USPS to ask about their shipment.

Imagine Meph Heads ruined the mailing seed game?! Insane. I like Mephisto and all but man, those Meph heads are on a whole other level.

8 Likes

You are right. It is going to be very interesting to see how this ‘pans out’.
‘Hope springs eternal’ but my past experiences with bureaucracy suggests otherwise as common sense never seems to be factored in. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I’m definitely watching this play out as well. Getting seeds has always been risky, but I was kind of hoping we were past all that.

I placed an order with them the week before this happened… Glad they didn’t really have anything I was after on the 20th.

I’ve ordered direct from them probably 5 times and it’s been great everytime. With all the freebies it’s usually about 5-6$ a bean. Only problem is that you never know what freebies you’ll get :thinking:

4 Likes

Another “issue” getting Mephisto gear… one thing after another anymore. Iv started preserving my Mephisto strains in collection.

3 Likes

I’ve never had an issue, just signed up for their Canada discount coupon for store opening next Monday.

5 Likes

Just go on the Meph Heads Subreddit and have a read through. So much drama! It’s like a soap opera. Seriously!

4 Likes

The article says it is canceled.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

and another hit for them . seems like everytime they get back going something goes wrong.

1 Like

I ve never had an issue,just received some beans last week.

1 Like

There have been many, all resulting in difficulty getting beans direct. Lately there’s the 4 minute weekly flash sale where ya have to get lucky to get an order in.

The product is not the problem, the lack of availability is.

That’s not accurate.

Mephisto just has to prove that the material they’re sending is actually below the threshold. The usps is not just going to trust you because you pinky promise.

2 Likes

They literally ARE hemp per the federal definition.

3 Likes

The usual counter-argument is that the seeds can be grown out and the plants tested for thc, but that ignores the fact that legal hemp farms have legal hemp plants regularly test hot, and those plants are legally Marijuana, regardless of the seeds, or their siblings.

There’s a similar argument happening in the D8 market, because it’s all considered WIP extracts, and every single batch being legally shipped across state lines is above .3% D9THC.

3 Likes

This is surprising, and reminds me a bit of the sudden change of heart that led to Dinafem being raided out of nowhere.

I stopped pursuing Mephisto genetics a few years ago when it became clear they weren’t investing in their customers by fixing their retail issues. People have been complaining for YEARS about this, maybe this seizure is a byproduct of ignoring improvements in their logistics chain.

Hate to see this happening either way, definitely a headline from the last century at this point…

3 Likes

Canadian website is up with discount coupon for next Monday.

Canadian orders are shipped from within Canada. (Out of Toronto, North York to be exact)

3 Likes

Just an fyi for all concerned.

4 Likes

Dinafem/Humboldt seed Organization/La Mota was also stealing power for their grow op, they probably could have kept going if they hadn’t gotten greedy

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard this part

Here’s the link with the relevant text below. The whole pretending to be from Humboldt thing struck me as shady to begin with. For reference, Pot Sistemak is the parent company for the brands Dinafem, Humboldt seed Organization, and La Mota. They’re still listed on those companies’ websites if you poke around.

También se han localizado varios emplazamientos con enganches ilegales al suministro de la luz, lo que aumentaba aún más los beneficios de la Organización, al cultivar las semillas sin ningún coste

2 Likes