New Quicker Method To Make RSO - (RSO 2.0)

I’ve seen people drink ISO and it’s really ugly. Dead eyed zombie sharks after 3 minutes.

2 Likes

At least this is smoking not drinking! When in jail saw some idiot drink hand sanitizer! He was a puking bruised mess.(He got everyone in trouble so got a few bruises😅). Thanks for the share @invisible and @MimiEMU

I stand by my comment above asking for FOOD GRADE iso alcohol. Medical grade is sterile for topical use in surgical environments, not edible

You can buy plenty of medical grade substances that will kill you when improperly used.

There are many plastics deemed safe by the government that are really bad news. Governments mandate things in prescription drugs that will kill you, and call them “mitigants.”

Tylenol in codeine, methanol in ethanol - you can’t trust a government that wants to poison you, to tell you what is safe and what isn’t.

2 Likes

Also, for the record, I use that specific ISO alcohol at work every single day. Same exact brand. I can tell you pretty much anything you’d like to know about it.

It’s 99% and that’s incredibly impure for this. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow for you of the cloudy white residue left behind when it evaporates. It looks similar to hard water. And that’s from very small amounts. Fir extraction you would need like a pint, bare minimum. And that’s 1% of a pint worth of impurities you will have left after evaporation.

You can easily find 100% food grade ethanol online. It’s gonna cost you because of excise taxes, but that is really the best, purest consumer grade solvent available. It completely dissolves to nothing. No residue at all. That’s the ultimate goal, so I really don’t understand why not use it.

It also says right on the bottle not for human consumption :joy:

2 Likes

Sprayed with a light mist and left to sit at room temp for around 2 minutes, this is what remains. Liquid droplets you can see are likely water and take far longer to evaporate. The issue, though, is what looks like an oily residue left behind after evaporation.Those are impurities and you do not want to ingest those.

3 Likes

Hey @lightyear,

Thank you for posting this. Its obvisous this is contaminated product. USP-NF is a purity standard that predudes ANY residual crap. I have taken this product off my website and removed the link in my post. Please remove the link in your reply. This is very questionable product, give me a couple days to explain. I’ll be back soon.

Here is a link that details the grades.

" USP grade meets or exceeds requirements of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). This grade is acceptable for food, drug, or medicinal use. It is also used for most laboratory purposes, but the USP being followed should always be reviewed prior to beginning to ensure the grade is appropriate for that methodology"

What you’ve shown is this is technical grade being sold as USP-NF.

EDIT: Hey Lightyear, I’m going to be home this weekend to run some tests on my bottles. Can you run another test by soap washing a glass bowl then pour your alcohol into the dried bowl and place it on a coffee warmer? I’m going to do the same thing. Also, what was the material you sprayed the alcohol on? Was it glass or acrylic? And what is that black paper? If this product is really USP-NF, I bet there’s a Lot # printed on it. I’m out till tomorrow so I cant check it. If there is, let me know your #krusty

2 Likes

I mean sure I can, but I’m gonna tell you right now, it’s not this lot. I’ve used this same exact ISO for years and it’s always been exactly the same. I always have to wipe it to get a clean shine, and even then you need to check for streaking.

The clear surface is acrylic and the black is vinyl sheet. The spots are a known issue. This is not new. The industry standard is to use purpose made acrylic polish as a finish coat, because ISO leaves streaks. Leaves em on glass and everything else too. I’m shocked you don’t know this. because It’s like “the sky is blue” to me.

1 Like

Okay, I think I have an answer. Going back to Friday, my reaction was due to concern over Vaxxen Labs. Turns out they’re not the mfg, just a small resale company of up to 13 employees. This weekend, I found the product to have a printed lot number on the sealed bottle so this supports their USP-NF rating, but is not wholy conclusive. The evap test resulted in the same thing – watermarks left behind when the IPA evaporated.

But you know what? This is normal. To suggest the contamination is in the bottle is typical Bro-science conclusions. Problem with Bro-science is that it is never full examined and the conclusions are regularly incorrrect, such as spraying pure anhydrous alcohol into a dirty environment and declaring the resulting dirt comes from within the bottle, not the environment. Duh…

So, you know the proper test? Submit a sample for chromography analysis. Did you do that or just depend on what you googled and observed in a contaminated environment?

I did some followup and found this. Here is a study in the chip manufacturing industry where IPA is used to clean silicone wafers. The study evaluates the quantity and flow rate to minimize watermarks left on the water after evaporation. Here is the conclusion:

We have demonstrated that the behavior of IPA residue on wafer surfaces is identical to the

Langmuir adsorption isotherm. We evaluated the drying process performance for ultra-clean

conditions and found that the IPA supply rate had a great influence on watermark formation. This

can be prevented by using an increased IPA supply rate because the subsequent rapid increase of

IPA concentration in the remaining water on wafer surface suppresses the dissolution of silicon into

water. An ultra-clean and IPA-saving drying process that is both watermark-free and that can be

applied to future device technology is thus possible.”

By balancing the amount, temperature and flow rate, this test shows how to minimize watermarking that naturally occurs. Again, its not the IPA that adds the contaminates. It’s the environment that IPA is introduced into.

Here’s a link to the study. I suggest you download the .PDF then use the current version of Acrobat with buit-in AI so you can ask questions about the study. Becareful about terminology as the definitons are not Bro-science.

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/document?repid=rep1&type=pdf&doi=834ac84515602f8e6a9bf4e2908dcf512fdd4d4d

1 Like

I never said anything was "contaminated’ as that would suggest altering after the manufacturing process.

Was I said was just because something is generally considered safe for topical use (which is the intended surgical use) does not mean it’s safe to eat it.

2 Likes

How would you recommend adapting chip washing methods for rso application?

Not really sure how you’re doing it now, so I can’t say what would be an ‘adaption’ on anything you’re doing. But as in all solvent extractions, you would want to break any solids up, soak in as much solvent as needed to cover it with the highest grade you can find, let it steep for a day, then strain out any solids and let it evaporate.

For rosin pucks I’d grind that sucker up in a coffee grinder, personally…filter bag and all…who cares if that’s in there, I would think? It should just grind up then strain out with the plant material, right? 🤷

2 Likes

That was more for @MimiEMU

If they overcome contamination with flow rate in a sterile environment to beat the residue, how does that help making rso?

It doesn’t. The study was provided to show the contamination in the real world happens and how controlling temperature and flow rate can minimize the residue watermarks left behind.

1 Like

True story, when I clean my crystal with 99.9% iso, there is no residue.

1 Like

Do you rinse it, wipe it, or otherwise do anything that could potentially wash, remove, or clean the ISO from the surface? Even after it air dries a dry paper towel will remove it.

1 Like

Most times I let it dry naturally, but sometimes I torch it. Definitely not something you can wipe dry! I can definitely get a crust of shit if I dump some on the bench top and let it evaporate. It’s like white and crusty. But if I really clean a microscope slide and then get some iso on there and let it evaporate, I can’t see any gunk. Drop some trichomes on there, and it’s a completely different story. It forms a white film.

ok, here’s what I did. I took a microscope slide and I really scrubbed it with fresh cotton to get off any residue. Then I took some 99% iso and dropped it on there and made a thin film of it on glass. I let it evaporate. Then I aim the microscope at it and image the residue. Or lack of. Here’s what I noticed. Where I touched the edge of the slide, it dissolved my finger oil and made residue. So there is a single patch of residue where my finger touched it, and nowhere else I can detect.

Edit: added image of residue edge on the microscope slide. Note the lack of residue on all other locations, even though alcohol was everywhere.

1 Like

Please don’t grind up synthetics and add that to your meal plan. That is mainlining microplastics straight into your body.

So if you do that, why are you concerned with residual levels of sovlents?

First, it’s not going into your product because it’s a solid large enough to be caught in filters unlike dissolved ISO additives.

Second, I don’t think you know what mainlining is.

1 Like