Newish to the site drop ur first grow pics here. my first attempt

Yo @StevieG I was reading a study that claims playing this song for your plants will make them produce more buds. Can’t hurt, right?

2 Likes

Hi again Kelly,

You did not, i was simply direct while more global than it sounds.

There was no emotional charge intended in my reply. I just observed that 13 fingers only happens after a minimal set of requirements have been met, which i expect to be beneficial but not in terms of THC concentrations exclusively.

Yes, the distribution of available resources in the genesis of numerous noble molecules would translate as THC/CBD/CBN/Terpenes (and more) ratios. Only doctors would remain obcessed with monomolecule drugs when there so much more to value. As for the number of “fingers” i can accept a genetic link, which implies 13 may be too specific. Anyway the idea was that your plant may be in trouble if it takes too long to reach 5 i’d say… Frustrated plants that won’t/can’t develop to their full potential are less attractive, their limitations reflect in the harvest. No humour component there.

Yes, that would be a close macro on pistil/stima pairs. I always thought those didn’t stick as i’d expect if covered with resinous oils. Can you confirm they’re watery until they begin to change colour instead? Those organs are meant to capture pollen, sticky pistils would be a death trap to most pollen grains, m’well, unless that’s what nature found to add some selectivity into the mating process?.. Your input?

Or if really after a challenge then i’ll invite you to join me in saving the lost statistically-ellusive children of planet Itnoc… :wink:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

1 Like

@StevieG I believe these seeds came from here. I needed some help and local friends gave me those and helped me with growing well not mobile and n hospital

https://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seeds/cultivation/grows-indoors

1 Like

I too appreciate the 13 finger leaf, we get them in our garden… I will keep my eyes open and if I see one and think of it I will post a pic :+1:t2:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Any plans to add more lights? Those look like they are stretching for more light.

1 Like

Yes sir i just bought 2 2packs of indoor lights with good light reflectors they are also 9.5 watts. I think they grew decent for 4 lights but obviously it’s not enough so I’ll do 8 for now and I’m going to keep adding lights when i can. I do want to report some any tips?

1 Like

When I transplant, I hold my hand on the top with the stem between my fingers. Then I flip the whole thing upside down and give the bottom a good smack or two and then the roots should come out in one piece.

3 Likes

Ya lol I tried that and it was a pretty big mess I left half of the roots to a plant but the roots grew back and the plant looks healthy again but I was wondering wht would I do with the with the 3 I got in the toat I’m going to take a picture of the roots

there all the way around like this

2 Likes

Separating the three in the same tote? I’ve never tried it, but in that position, I would use an steak knife and cut the roots. They will get shocked and stop growing for a few days, but should recover. Are these feminized seeds, or regular?

3 Likes

Oh there just regular seeds so I don’t really care, but I still care u know. I have some feminized ones coming in soon tho and I’ll have separate toats for all of them and hopefully even more lights by then

1 Like

First I am sorry for how long it has taken to respond. The wife and I went away and I don’t take even my cellphone. Since I have become disabled and had to learn to live on disability I value them much more…
Now back to the question. The pistils are sticky so they attract pollen. The hairs move the pollen to the ovule and the process takes 20 to 30 mins. I forget the name of the process and this is simple. The pollen splits into two gametes (sex cells) while moving down the pollen tube. the male plant you want the pollen to be repelled and the plants to be taller so they rain pollen down on the female. That is why male flowers hang down. I know this is a simplified description of the process and there is a word for the whole process but am tired and not thinking straight. Later I will try to find my marijauna botany book and see if it is in there. Have you ever been at a lake when the trees released their pollen? The pollen does not seem to like the water.

2 Likes

Salutations Kelly,

It’s all fine, i just seemed vaguely remembered pistils before they changed colour didn’t look sticky. Should have paid more attention while i had a chance!

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

right by the node there’s a white hair coming in. this ones a keeper💪

1 Like

Uploading…

1 Like

2 Likes

Uploading…

1 Like

They’re looking good man. The droopy one in the clear tote looks like she might be too close to a heater, or maybe a little too wet.

Any more of em show sex yet?

2 Likes

1 Like