News out of California

I’ve paid $90 for a slurricane eighth before in San Diego.

5 Likes

holy shit!! :flushed: thats absolutely crazy pricing, seeing as you can get a good quality oz for $70-$90 in cali.

2 Likes

Colorado is the same. All efforts go to enforcing the illegal grows which they find often. Usually cartel types.

4 Likes

When I’m in need I pick a zip or 3 for 35 to 50 bucks after med discount…at the expensary

3 Likes

that’s common on the west coast Nor Cal, especially Southern Oregon

They get a Hemp lic to grow hemp and then get too greedy and grow more THC than they do hemp. The smart guys have 100 acres to grow hemp and only use 10% for THC and black market that 10% out of state while clearing their 90% legal hemp crop for profit. That’s the word on the street anyways :wink:

7 Likes

Sounds like the definition of “conundrum”.

3 Likes

indeed :rofl:… indeed it does.

Say…isn’t that a strain? :rofl:

2 Likes

Uhh… you do know the name of this website, right? :joy:

That’s the idear there

:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Sending out seeds, and spreading the love :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was thinking about the amount of land used by 1mil plants…started poking around. Found this on Reddit:
" Growers generally plant 2,600 to 5,800 plants per acre in single rows with 18 to 30 inches between plants in the row on 5.0- to 6.5-foot centers ."

18-30inches? Don’t know who posted that, but are they talking about Bonzai weed?

3 Likes

Wow was that back in the day or more recent

just happened…

Here in California, at the clubs, I can pick up an oz of bids for 60(smalls) to 280 (normal top shelf) to 560 (alien tech is 70/eigth after taxes) so there is a wide range of prices. Non-club is cheaper of course… 7 dollar grams of rosin or diamonds in sauce or 5 for a gram of kief… oz’s for 100-180 of pretty good quality indoor.

4 Likes

That was about 2 years back, so fairly recent. Price and quality were the main two driving factors as to why I started growing. Ended up loving the hobby. Cannabis is a gateway to gardening.

10 Likes

Should be. Good name for a micro brew or winery.

2 Likes

The reservation near where I live is selling 30$ounces.They are selling weed that they get from just about anyone.A lot of it’s dirty and they don’t care they opened up all these sticker stores.there’s one every 8 ft now and there is no regulation what so ever.I can guarantee that people are using shit like eagle 20 on that weed and someone is going to get sick it’s just a matter of time

4 Likes

Friend of mine used to grow medical. He got $100/oz wholesale. Made some pretty good money for a small time grower.
Year before last it was down to $35-$50/oz, and he got out. Wasn’t worth it at that price point. This is what happens in so many sectors. Big commercial growers come in and dominate a market…sorta like a Lowes coming into a town where you used to go to the local hardware store to buy your stuff.

5 Likes

In time, the pendulum should swing the other way, with maybe some demand for more/different strains.
Problem I see here in Maine is that there are too many shops and not enough demand to support them all.

Lob

3 Likes

Remember how we used to think if we all speed then they can’t pull us ALL over… Well now we have integrated automatic plate recognition systems into our transportation system. We can all speed and all get a ticket in the mail now.

My step grandfather was a beat cop in omaha for 25 years. The real one did 25yrs in a prison in Mississippi for the mob.
The cop grandfather would ask my father, who is a complete rebel and hates cops, “you know how many cops they will send to get you?.. As many as it takes.” That’s now stuck in my head after being incarcerated numerous times.
This country has really turned into a verson of the movie Departed in my eyes. Organized crime as always had moles in federal offices to snitch out the competition. But recently, some organized crime syndicates have really gotten tired of seeing local kids OD and die from fentanyl laced vape carts to laced xanax on the street. The meth, coke and any hard drug have a high likelihood of being laced these days as well. And yes the cartels are being pushed out in many ways; from federal indictments to busting large scale grows. This will ultimately lead to mass full spectrum legalization of drugs and reform of the prison systems. The news didn’t really surprise me anymore once I saw the big picture.

4 Likes