News out of California

What state or locale has this plate recognition shit?

None of that here yet thankfully.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I think it’s everywhere. At least it’s anywhere there are tolls…if you don’t have EZ Pass?..no problem, Toll By Plate takes care of it. Tolls aside, I was living in Florida in 2017 when my brother-in-law who was living with us, stole my car and disappeared.
Pinellas Country Sheriff’s deptartment was notified, and an hour later they said the had video from a “plate monitoring system” that had the vehicle traveling southbound on Alt 19 at 2:25pm.
I aksed them how many of those they had, and they wouldn’t tell me. Some are fixed, some are mobile/trailers, and some are in LEO vehicles that just scan everything all of the time they’re moving.
They’re out there, and they’re everywhere, even if you don’t think they are.

Lob

6 Likes

Did the little hardware stores ever make a comeback?
Don’t expect the little cannabis grower guy to either.
Some folks don’t realize this is a corporate cannabis takeover.

Because we don’t see the war on home growing on the news, folks don’t think it is real.
I am afraid we will all see that one day, it was all too real and we will wonder how we did not see it coming.

If you do not demand your rights, they get taken from you.
Legalization without home growing is not really legalization at all.
It is simply corporate cannabis. :nauseated_face:

15 Likes

In michigan they do not send tickets in the mail.
But there is a speed sensor every so many feet.
Cameras too.

The cop cars are equipped with a sensor to read your plate as you drive by in the other direction.
If you have no insurance they know just by driving by you.
They also have cars that drive all around town scanning plates of every single parked car it drives by.

Who really knows what they do with the info they gather.
They put wires in the road to sense when a car runs over them to active the traffic control equipment.

I have put systems like this into place at Detroit Metro Airport, so I know how they work.

I was able to get the part number and serial number off of these sensors to look them up to see what they actually do.

Here is what the speed sensors look like.

How they work.
Start at 1:50 min

9 Likes

ain’t that the truth !

7 Likes

Shit, before OG shutdown i believe Omaha had begun installing cameras at major intersections in the city. People were just as pissed then as they are now. I Remember people putting those glossy covers over their plates so they camera didnt get the tag number.

2 Likes

Think those work?..and if they do, isn’t there some sort of law saying it’s illegal to mask or obscure your plates?

Fuqers :slight_smile:

Lob

3 Likes

Out here in the middle of nowhere they don’t even have sewers or paved roads on 3/4 of the island. Cops drive their own private vehicles, with a stipend, usually a 4-runner but I have seen low-slung mopar & even a chrysler 300 :laughing:

There’s ‘minimum speed limit’ signs :laughing: because most Hawaiians & many transplants drive slower than snake shit. I’m usually at least 15 over if not doubling the limit, no detector, no worries. It’s still 1975 here. But with cell phones. :blush:

I’d bet the LEOs have plate scanners, but probably not all. The other islands are different; Honolulu on Oahu is way more modern & has traffic congested 6-lane freeways.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

This is in Canada as well. Two days after changing insurance providers I got picked out of thousands of cars on the busiest commuter highway in Canada for driving without insurance.
After proving I was insured by showing the cop the policy number emailed to me by the broker I asked him how he could possibly have suspected my insurance as amiss.
“They give me all the coolest toys. Drive safe!”

It’s gotta be tricky trying to hide 172 to 384 acres of land, especially in full bloom.

I need closure, did either of the two ever reappear?

8 Likes

That was 20 years ago man. Im sure the facial recognition system is the overpowering system in use at the moment. They were doing beta testing in Afghanistan with a system approved by Congress.

3 Likes

Most cops cars have them now, there’s a camera on the car that connects to their laptop & flashes a “hit” notification if someone’s DL is suspended, active warrant, stolen car etc.

Basically the lazy shits just drive around like fisherman pulling a net behind a boat.

This is most major cities/suburbs. In Hawaii or middle of nowhere Iowa maybe not.

5 Likes

As George Carlin put it, we don’t have rights. We have temporary privileges.

5 Likes

Had a buddy raced cops for pinks in the late 60s, early 70s there. Said there were real honorable when they’d lost too. Not today.

3 Likes

That’s the truth of it

5 Likes

In fact, both did. The car, approx 3wks later, the BIL took a few years, but he’s living with us in Maine. Bizarre sequence, but folks have to understand that he’s broken. You can’t expect rational behaviour from someone who’s miswired.

And we take care of family, yes? :slight_smile:

Lob

11 Likes

Nice! and yes!
Should be first and foremost, no matter how fucked up we are… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Came across this update while browsing this morning:

"“the effective tax rate on marijuana in California ranges from $42 to $92 per ounce, depending on the jurisdiction, compared to an estimated wholesale production cost of $35 per ounce.”

The article is talking about how fucked up Cali is when it comes to the weed business, how instead of letting it grow and stabilize, legal weed is competing with “illegal” weed, and losing mightily.
I’m pondering the $35/oz wholesale cost number. As a home grower, in a relatively hostile state, weather-wise, I pulled 42ozs off three plants that were in containers. Counting fertilizers, compost, etc…my costs were no where near $35/oz.
I’d expect the big folks that are running thousands of plants would be below my costs easily.

Lob

5 Likes

The labour is the kicker I think.

4 Likes

Gotta be.
Guess it’s not fair that I don’t pay myself :wink:

Lob

3 Likes

I did the math and if I had to pay myself my pay would be a joke.

2 Likes