Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

I love when they hit the o ros,how fast they grow from that point…

Beautiful eorh nto…

4 Likes

Yeah, can certainly tell when they hit the rez, lol!!!

2 Likes

I’m digging your set up man. Octopots are sweet!! Is that little orange ball on the green stick to let you know how full the res is?

4 Likes

YES! Look at 1st pic set against wall with no water in rez. See stick all way down. Look at last pics, stick is up.

Big float on other side of the stick in rez, small red one top side as indicator. There are lines on the sticks for rez level.

7 Likes

I like stuff that is idiot proof. Me like the float haha

7 Likes

IF you use proper soil in the sleeve, the whole thing is idiot proof…i am proof of that. Last run 4 plants, 33 ounces, not too shabby. They sucked 12-16 gallon per day between the 4…NO WAY I was gonna hand water that!!!
Hell no!!

8 Likes

my floor is cool/cold can you put a heater in the rez?

thank you

Dequilo

2 Likes

There is plenty of room in the rez for a heater, but I DO NOT KNOW if that would work. Why not just use cheap insulation foam board under the rez??? Not sure what a heater would do or how the roots would like it, but I suppose it could be done.

I do not run air into the rez either, never have, never had an issue

5 Likes

that could work, maybe a small heater on the floor to warm them bit

I am interested for sure, might give this a try in the spring

a few more soilless grows to do first

thanks for the info

Dequilo

5 Likes

Good idea, if in a tent a small heater would work I should think

If your interested, you need to know the negatives too!

Negative aspects: You have lots of free time cause you need not jack with your plants, you need better trimming scissors,
you will never want to hand water again. growing any other way becomes silly…that is about it!!!

4 Likes

that is what I need in the summer :smile: free time

peace and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

I am so spoiled. I ran 2 runs hand watering between my 2 octo runs here. Never again, what a damn pain in the ass.
Basically had to water someone every damn day, and when the flowering ladies got big, it was 2x a day!!! Forget all that crap and TIME!! The time it takes to get run off just sucks, not watering till run off was not an option.
No more pot runs for me, I will stick to my Octo’s from here on out.

7 Likes

My Octopots are on the concrete floor in the garage in the north east it gets cold but I run a a vent with inline fan from the house into the room for heat and cold no problems at all simple stupid just like I like it
Hell I have to stop myself from playing with the plants :joy:

7 Likes

thanks I am glad to hear they work for up here for you

I am interested for sure they look painless

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

Next round is set:

Gorilla Glue 4 JW Cut from @GrowHard

OHGA Amnesia Haze X Orange Goji

Amnesia Haze

Orange Goji # 2

Will take 7-15 days for them to find the water and be happy. Sometimes it goes real smoothly and no issues seen, other times they struggle for a spell. Hope they have an easy transition this time. 1/2 gallon of water over the top of each when planted, no more top watering after that.

Peace,

Jet

18 Likes

you could try an aquarium heater
amazing what they can do to just heat the water a little

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/50w-aquarium-water-heater/2166314

have no idea if that heater is good or not - just for the idea/image

4 Likes

I am sure that would work just fine and cost nothing to run. Good idea man!!!

2 Likes

Good idea :smile: thank you

I was thinking about wait until spring I have a few soil grows in line

I do keep my plants 12 - 18 inches off the floor as I have my lights a 400 watts

which is good for about 40 inches plant height, so I could use a force hot air space

heater

water gets cold and stays cold, a fish tank would take care of that

thanks for a good idea

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

Gotta remember an Octopot is like 24 inch’s tall, so take that into account when you figure your head space

4 Likes

that is to the top of the pot?

1 Like