Next up, MAC

Take cuttings and cut the roots back, to remove that old pump. As long as the roots vs vegetation ratio is ok, it’ll recover

2 Likes

Excited to see how this one goes :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Ok, so I took the pump out and put it in a Rubbermaid tub in my sink. I had 2 lines running up to the net pot. One of them was working just fine in the sink. IDK what the issue was with that one. The other one had roots that grew into it, I assume when the water was off, and I couldnt get it unclogged, so I just cut it off and replaced the line. Pic of (still a little sad) mama MAC incoming.

3 Likes

6 Likes

The little edges are a little curled up. I’m curious, but trying not to worry until I get a little more new growth.

7 Likes

Thought to check the booklet for my light. It was on full, and about 21" up. I turned it down to around 60% and raised it up about 10"

edit - still on 18/6 though. I have heard 12/12 wont flip them when they are young, but knowing my luck, I will forget to change it back and have them flipping too early.

3 Likes

I noticed some spotting on the bottom leaves, so I checked the pH and ec. pH had dropped a bit to 5.6 but ec was still around .5

I also noticed build up on the rapid rooter a lot faster then on previous runs. I’ve been advised this just looks like salt with algae.

So I’ve mixed up some new food for them, even though it’s a little early. Going in with a lower pH at 5.8 and ec at .56

10 Likes

Tagging along for this beaut

3 Likes

Be aware that that droopy look is purely genetic. She almost always curls downward. Very rarely have I seen her pray.

4 Likes

I feel like she has perked back up a little, but any of my plants that look droopy, make me concerned. It’s good to know that it isn’t always my doing. Thanks :slight_smile:

12 Likes

She looks good to me.

Here is my mom. She is happy as can be, and you can still see that sort of “clawing” look to her.

13 Likes

Wow, yeah! She’s a beauty.

5 Likes

Things are moving along. A few more nodes and I’ll top them.

11 Likes

Growth spurt over night. One has had some spotty leaves. It confuses me because they have the same genes, and they are growing in the same system, but hopefully it’s just remnants of old issues. I’ll keep a close eye on her.

9 Likes

Could be wind burn from the fan.

1 Like

The fan hasnt been turned on, at all. I was thinking about turning it on last night, but forgot.

4 Likes

Oh, then idk. hopefully it’s nothing then :sweat_smile:. They’re looking good either way. The next one I have going in is a foot tall now, waiting to 16-18” for flip.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of super cropping them away from each other, and then trying to fill up a net. Maybe topping them, too, idk yet.

4 Likes

Down for the ride :+1::+1::+1:, may I ask where ya got the Cap’s Cut?

4 Likes

A trade with another member

3 Likes