Niben F4 -Anthos Seeds

Loving the fade on this

2 Likes

If that’s messing up…sign me up. Great colors, frosty, looks dank!

1 Like

Thanks @Donnie @Eagles009 based on the internodal spacing I just know she didn’t fill in the way she could if I had stayed on top of her feed and not grown her too big for her container, that’s really all I have to complain about, quality seems like it’ll be good, so not a ton to complain about. I’m not mad at myself, just disappointed :joy::v:t2:

1 Like

First plant looks great loving the fade, I get wat ur saying about not reaching its full potential I have a cpl ufs18s rn that arent shaping up to there full potential there sister who is actually younger and didn’t get stunted as a seedling has bigger fuller buds just all around better plant then the others, on a positive note it seems like u have more seeds and have gained valuable first hand knowledge on wat her needs will be for the future, one thing I love about growing is that I’m always learning esp wen I miss something. I’m sure she will be a great smoke sounds like ur getting some great smells off her can’t wait to hear a smoke report

Happy growing :seedling:

1 Like

thanks for the kind words. I’ve definitely got more seeds, but more importantly i was sure to keep a cut in my veg tent, so if this one is really standout ill take some cuts and run her again for sure. smoke report will be forthcoming, although i typically like to let herb cure out for at least 3 mo. in jars so it might be a little while, unless things are just smelling so good i cant help but nip a sample earlier! :v:

1 Like

Anytime it’s wat this community is about, thats right I remember reading you took cuts from her, cuts are always the golden tix, better to take n have it then not, actually just took cuts for the first time myself space was limited in the past just got tired of having good smoke n once it’s gone that’s it.
I’ve definitely noticed the longer the cure the better it will be, absolutely worth the wait, a little taste now n then to compare won’t hurt either :wink:I’ll follow along to see wat comes next

Happy growing :seedling:

1 Like

Didn’t get a chance to post this the day of because I was on my way out the door for a fishing trip that ultimately turned out to be a total bust. Different story for a different time, but the Niben F4 came down 9/29 after 57 days of flower. Right around the timeframe that the breeder suggested. She smells deeply of grapes coated in vicks vapor rub. She’ll hang for at least 2 weeks in the tent and the go into jars for a cure around 3 months. Anticipation for this one is high, I’ll be back with a smoke report whenever I get around to sampling, thanks to any and all who checked in or followed along :v:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

6 Likes

Fucking trim jail! The dry process went down a little faster than I would have liked. I thought we’d be all good as the temps outside, and subsequently in the basement were dropping pretty consistently for a while there, however things took a little bit of a turn for the warmer last week. In an effort to drop the temps inside the dry tent to stay as close to 60degrees as possible I switched on a second fan and it ended up speeding up the overall dry. :man_facepalming:t2: That extra air moving around the tent coupled with the smaller bud sizes lead to a total of 7 days before the smaller stems started snapping. Not ideal at all, but I started trimming the larger buds today to see what they’re looking like and I’m happy to say that although the buds likely never got the shot to swell to proper size the resin content is out of this word! Literally glued my scissors up after trimming three of the top buds. Smells are a little bit muted right now which is to be expected after a faster than ideal hang dry, but after cracking into the bud the grape and vapor rub smell is still present. I imagine it will reconstitute after some time curing in the jars. Going to try to move through this plant as fast as possible to get these buds into a jar and allow them to rehydrate slightly. I’ve also got two good sized plants from this years outdoor that should be on deck for trimming in the next week or so, so my work is cut out for me. Trim jail for the foreseeable future :v:t2::v:t2::joy:

10 Likes

I was going to ask if you had ever tried Anthos gear… searched for their name and found this thread. How did the Niben turn out for you? Maybe I should go back to search, but you ever try any of his other Niben crosses? Clearly likes working with Bodhi gear.

3 Likes

Hey man! The Niben I grew I don’t feel like I did a ton of justice but the flower is still really nice. Good sedative smoke for the end of the day, I really like it, it’s still in regular rotation. I think the Niben in particular does better outside than in, in terms of getting a lot bigger and producing heavier buds, my indoor effort produced these little cigarillo sized buds but no complaint on this variety other than that I don’t think I was able to keep pace with her nutritional needs (Anthos said she’s a hog for N) and the overall yield suffered a little I think

1 Like