Romulan & Umami Grow

Thought I’d try a couple breeders I’ve seen recently browsing around. I’ve always wanted to run something with Romulan, so I picked up a few different packs from them. This one is 2 very different phenotypes from the same pack, which makes me wonder how many different there are, and which is the ideal as per breeder. I reached out, and got a response from the sales manager, and I don’t think it’s what I was looking for, but its all good. When I asked what the breeder had in mind when creating this one, I was told:

" A phenotype is simply environmentally driven expressions. As far as finding something special, they all are with Grapeful. Enjoy!"

Anyways, I’m curious to see what these bring me.

Grapeful- Romulan x Modified Grapes week 6

The other plant is Umami Blue Ivory Day 34 They Have a lot to say about the terpenes in their releases, so I had to try one. I didn’t top this one. I kinda like a good dominant kola sometimes

Blue Ivory (Umami Cut – Cold Heat x Zonuts) x ZODA (dead animal smoothie cut)

31 Likes

Looking great! Where did you order the seeds from?

Have any photos that show the whole plants? I am curious to see the overall structure of how the plant grows. The buds are looking awesome.

1 Like

This would piss me off.
Marketing instead of answering the question that was asked, and just straight up wrong about what a “phenotype” is.
On the other hand, the plants look amazing!

5 Likes

I keep them very small (30 day veg in 1 gallon). They’re in 3 gallon. Topped once, and I use Bio365 Bioall

7 Likes

Thanks man. It def pissed me off because you can’t even message the breeder on any of the platforms 🤷

2 Likes

I mean, technically they are partially correct

2 Likes

Yeah but phenotypic expression isn’t just an environmental expression; even the definition states that it is genetic and environmental.
Further, any idiot knows that when a cultivator asks about phenotype, he/she/they aren’t asking for a definition; they want to know what traits and morphology to expect. If a breeder isn’t willing or able to communicate that…I have questions.

8 Likes

Separate post with an attitude change:
@Puffalo : breeder interaction aside, those plants really look incredible!
Sexy buds and the colouration on the dark one is mesmerizing.

3 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you, he either doesn’t understand or is being sneaky because his genetics aren’t locked down, just putting the actual definition out there.

3 Likes

His sales manager responds to all emails

3 Likes

Thanks man. I appreciate that.

2 Likes

I suppose I could always refer to the photo used on his site

1 Like

Got some purple romulan in the works in my hydro table right now.

3 Likes

Fasho!
I’m excited for this summer when I’m going to run strains from 5 or 6 breeders who are active on OG (JAWS, Hoss, Danny Terpintine, Mahakala (banned, but I have his email), Crafty_Flame).
I’ll have more breeder input than I know what to do with! :sunglasses::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::bear:

5 Likes

They look like nice plants… but yeah, when “breeders” say shit like this, I’d rather pop a random polyhybrid cross from an OGer instead. Same result, your plant could be nice or terrible based on luck of the draw, but at least the OGers are being honest about it rather than canned misdirections aimed at taking advantage of growers’ ignorance about genetics. The only reason I look forward to further legalization and corporatization of the industry is getting rid of these snake oil salesmen.

4 Likes

Here is one if em. Have some blue dynamite growing in the same tent.

2 Likes

Colorado legalized long ago, and now all the dispensary weed seems boof despite looking great in a bag. I wont even touch anything local and get my genetics out if canada.

3 Likes

Lol, @Cormoran when we’re in threads together sometimes I feel like you’re my anger translator… like this:

:rofl::bear: You’re my Luther

3 Likes

Summer for my poor indoor growing self! I despise july!

2 Likes

Since July 2023 was 30 consecutive days over 110 degrees F out here, I also hate it

2 Likes