No Freebies?

Yeah that sale was good freebies weren’t really needed…

1 Like

Wow that sucks. I’ve never used those for seeds. I was just under the impression that they all gave freebies? I guess not though…

2 Likes

I don’t think we should automatically expect or feel entitled to freebies

14 Likes

I can appreciate that line of thinking but at the same time I think that for whatever reason freebies are pretty much an industry standard at this point

1 Like

Yea I have some JOTI already. Nothing popped yet but looking forward to it

1 Like

I have a few JOTI strains in the fridge, the ones I have grown have been good.

1 Like

About half my seed orders have come with no freebies. Freebies are very common but not universal. I usually only order 1-2 packets at a time, so I’m not a “big spender”.

If they said “free seeds with every order” or “spend x amount get y freebie” then you’d have a leg to stand on.

You got what you paid for. Expecting more is a bit much.

12 Likes

Well if you are only ordering 1 pack I would not be surprised if you regularly don’t get freebies. That would double your order. I think your experience and my experience buying seeds has been vastly different because this is the first time no freebies. And in Peaks case it’s not my first order from him unlike HD.

Soooooo …

Your mad you got what you paid for?

Any seedbanks that do give free seeds with orders will usually tell you they do… if peak seeds said freebies and you got none sure, maybe you got got denied something.

But do you places and buy things and their just like “oh hey, here’s this free thing!” ? Cuz I’d like to visit those places and ask the owners who they stay running giving away free stuff.

9 Likes

I’m not mad at all. I asked what everyone else’s experiences were with these banks recently.

Why are you coming in my thread and trying to start an argument?

If you normally buy 1 pack at a time and never get freebies then thanks for contributing and move on.

But coming in here and berating me for talking about how two prominent Canadian seedbanks have got stingy lately when historically they haven’t, is not welcome and you can fuck off.

1 Like

My experiences with HD and PSBC have been very good lately.
How many packs did you get from Mike for $200?

4 Likes

Not that at all, just trying to figure out why you would expect free things just because you bought something.

Hmmmm…

4 Likes

I’d rather they just lower prices instead of give freebies.

Ain’t nothing free.

12 Likes

My first grow was a freebie 3 pack of fem g13 from i49 I got with some white widow auto seeds that i had planted outdoor but got eaten by something almost as soon as they were planted. Got a light and a tent grew the g13s and here we are. Freebies are cool but not expected, nor is it really a deciding factor in purchases(unless we’re talking bogo sales which can be tempting😅)

4 Likes

Ten. He’s been doing 20 per pack since last year but before it was BOGO. Now it’s just 2 bucks a bean instead

I have read good things about Peak’s C99. Do you have to email their support to get the seeds from them?

1 Like

You want to get his C99 now I guess hey, since he is retiring from the seed business. Even though I’m a repeat customer I somehow missed the email where he was doing the sale. I did however have a sense that he may be changing his business and coincidentally ordered more C99 during this time. I have grown C99 from a few sources now and his are the most resilient. Low, low odor for me so far and I’m still searching for one that has the durability outside and yet some more character. They are potent, fast, resinous and have the up high though, true to their description. So yes you email him and go from there. He has made some other C99 crosses that you may want to ask about as well, like NLC99xC99 and HazeberryXC99. Even if you don’t get the repeat customer deal, you’re still getting genetics that have been properly bred and selected. He spends time with test runs and sifts and all the things that the hype chuckers don’t do.
@Pursuer , I am really surprised that you answered my question honestly and I guess that’s a good thing. But at $20 per pack from such a great breeder, how could you have even mentioned that you felt gypped? I was floored when I found out that I would be getting some of his last genetics for $20 a pack. Where else in the world is that possible? Should I email him after I receive them and as where my freebies are? Ha ha ha! We have lost a great and trustworthy source with Mike leaving the game.

4 Likes

Yea, just email

I’m confused why you think I would be dishonest about the current pricing on Peaks beans? It’s not a big secret it has been $20 a pack for probably 2 years. Except last year it was BOGO. Same shit different pile. So thanks for the dig.

My point is that at $20 a pack with tax included, and then with free shipping, that how would you think that it’s a bummer that you didn’t get freebies from Mike?! Holy shit man!!

When I asked how many packs you got for $200, a normal person would have thought to themselves, “yeah, 10 packs for that much these days is an almost impossible deal, so what am I thinking? I won’t tell everyone here how much I got for that much”.

Hey man, let’s just agree that we have different perspectives - I’m good with that.

4 Likes