What pack size is your sweet spot?

For photo regs I like to buy/have at least 10, though 12-20 is better.

Stable fems and fem autos, 3-5 is usually enough. F1’s and Auto regs I usually have to have at least a 7-8, but often like to hunt these the most, so the more the merrier if it’s something I’m really interested in.

Does this matter to you and does it weigh in your decisions on what to buy or trade for?

While I’ve got you, I’m curious how others feel about names of strains. The high and the smoke are #1 and 2 for me, but I’m a sucker for good genetics with a stupid or funny name :joy:

13 Likes

Probably wouldn’t change my buying decisions but I like 12. 6 for now and 6 for later in case I liked it.

12 Likes

That’s pretty much what I do, half a pack now and half for later.
I like at least 10 for regs but 12+ is nicer.
Fems I’d say six

7 Likes

Regs gotta be at least a 10 pack to buy and I’m probably popping half. Fems I usually get the 5 pack I’m on a budget.

11 Likes

I’d prob say 5 is a comfy minimum to find a lady with, 10 gives ya more room to play around and 20 is just extra stock

Remember my jack herer and white rhino seed runs started with 5 beans but for banana cream pie only 4 took off and all males so the extra 5 seeds might have given the success for that one

So I’d say 5-10, final answer
Did I win the million? Lol

10 Likes

The seed starter trays I use have 12 cells, and I usually double up per strain on those — so at least 12 for a reg pack.

I don’t really buy fems, but if you boast 12 instead of the typical six, chances are high that I’ll pop em! 6 or less…? Eh :yawning_face:

5 Likes

I’m at the point where a single 12 pack isn’t enough. If I’m trying to max out my system I need to pop about 36 beans to fill her up with ladies. I’d pay more for 10 packs of well worked fems.

4 Likes

i am gonna say bakers dozen 13. half for now half for later was it the 6 or the 7 half?. just to make sure i know which half it was from that was the one i liked. :thinking:.

4 Likes

A handful per pack would be ideal.

5 Likes

0 ruderalis.

2 Likes

5 pack of autos

3 Likes

U must be pheno hunting then, I like variety, 12 plants of the same thing is just to much, more like 12 varieties of 1 plant each :wink:

10 Likes

Not even… I should probably start growing from clone. I hate the prospect of growing several plants out to fruition to find that one keeper that I then grow into a mother that I then grow into a forest.

I have some reorganizing to do but it won’t be until this run is done and I’m back from vacation. You’ve given me much to think about.

6 Likes

Yeah at least 10 for regs but 12+ would be better. F2 packs should be 20+ minimum.

Fems/autos… 6 or 7 is usually fine but more is always nice ^^

I’d rather the strain names just follow the lineage than to make up names or words. Much easier to know what I’m buying than trying to google what pancakez or runtz flavor it is.

11 Likes

7ish for fem autos when buying

if im giving away 11-13+ unless its exploratory then 30ish

7 Likes

If I’m buying or trading, I like to get 3 if it’s fems, 10 if it’s regs.

If I’m giving my own created seeds away, I like to do 12-15 in a vial because (usually) 12-15 seeds fills a .5 mL centrifuge vial.

Edited to add that, currently, I only make regular seeds. Once I start doing fem runs, I might give less than I do with regs.

2 Likes

I’m now so wrapped up in this that I forget that some people don’t pheno hunt :joy:

3 Likes

I wish the standard was 50seeds for $100 :grin:

10 Likes

Sometimes I trade for 15-25 seeds because if it’s good I don’t want to have to copy it. But so far the few times I did this I ended up dumping the seeds. I have one rule, if I don’t love the strain I dump the seeds. I’m a hobby breeder and have that simple rule.

6 Likes

Autos at least 5. Photos I’m good with 3. I like to clone

3 Likes