Interest in csi humboldt group buy?

I have been interested in a few crosses from csi Humboldt/pirates of the emerald triangle for a while now. I wanted to make a thread and ask if people would be interested in a group buy? there are many other breeders like csi who deliver substantial freebies to relatively small orders and i think a group buy could net the members who order a ton of freebies.

it has been brought to my attention that some of the previous group buys here worked out very well, but some did not. as such, the 1st priority if people were interested, would be in finding a suitable member who could handle the purchasing and ship out supplies to everyone. Maybe we could follow the guidelines for distribution established for the seed coops, idk.

if a suitable member could be found, i would happily help organize a large list of potential selections and help catalogue orders and collect money for the purchase. for whoever we decide would be a worth while dealer

as well as assist in mailing out packages to members. i would help out wherever needed.

this is really just a post to gauge interest. please post your comments, criticisms and concerns here so we can get a real dialogue going. if this breeder doesn’t have enough interest, i would be happy if another breeder could be chosen and we could work towards a large group buy. i think the idea of the site pooling their money for a large order would really pay off much more than the individual orders i know many of us are making on the regular

15 Likes

Best to wait for 4/20 sale. He usually has one. Over 5K spent is 50% off plus I’m sure the freebies will be insane.

12 Likes

So we have time for a big plan

7 Likes

I’d be in on that

6 Likes

Interesting idea. I’m down.

4 Likes

I will sit back and watch this unfold. As you stated, there have been group buy issues before. Also PayPal accounts being shut down on members trying to collect payments. There are certainly some hurtles to overcome.

14 Likes

These are the primary issues. I understand the distribution of a successful buy is one thing, but arranging and pulling off a buy is another

6 Likes

Following…

1 Like

I’ll drive down that Street if all the Speedbumps are removed. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Ya know, you’d think that lol

However, we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in participating

3 Likes

Maybe have a few trusted OGs to each make partial payment on the same order so the PayPal transactions were smaller…… after typing this it makes me think mores things to go wrong so maybe it was a bad idea

5 Likes

Sending cash in envelope is an option too.
Just put it between a few sheets of paper.

2 Likes

Id be willing to dip my toes in this….

3 Likes

Great idea !! - this is going to be a very hard undertaking and time consuming. What about contacting them (humbolt,ect) pricing Think the co-op runs , run into payment issues - get some advice from them

3 Likes

If there is enough interest, i would be happy to contact csi and tell him about what we are wanting to do, so he can assist us as best he can.

After all, who wouldnt want a forum organizing to do a group buy? as long as payment is figured out, i bet he is very understanding/easy to work with.

3 Likes

ever tried to get a response from him?! haha sometimes a few days sometimes none at all, about adding extra money!

2 Likes

Agree - it’s good advertising for Humbolt and might even give you a discount for “bulk” purchase

1 Like

I’d be down for something like this.

1 Like

Temporary discount code for OG members for example. :sunglasses:

Provided everyone buys their stuff within a week or so.

4 Likes