Non Smelly Strains

Share your personal first hand experience with strains that don’t smell at all, or only when you touch them. I’m talking about strains that are inside a room, no tent, or tent completely open, full-on flowering, you walk in and smell nothing, or a scent so faint you can’t really figure out what it is.

I aim to help preserving and breeding high quality non smelling strains.

Why?

No need to bother with filters.
Less chance of getting caught.
Less chance of neighbours complaining, where it is legal.
Flavor is irrelevant for me, it’s the effect that counts.

Also I can’t set up a tent in my small bedroom.

I figure there are others out there who need this.
And we might as well spread awareness, most people probably don’t even know non smelly strains exist and it keeps them from growing their own because they don’t wanna deal with odor control.

Thank you for your contributions. Be as specific as possible, including origins where possible.

Here is the beginning of an alfabetical list I shall keep adding to:

• Animal Cookies
  • Blue Mystic
  • Blue Dream
  • C99 (from Brothers Grim)
  • C.Banana by weedseedsexpress
  • G13 from i49
  • Jack Herer
  • Master Kush
  • Nothern Lights
  • Papaya
  • Rosetta Stone
  • Secret Dragon (Secret Chief (San Fernando Valley Kush x 88G13 Hashplant) x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant V2) (All from Bodhi.)
  • Sour Jack
  • White Widow

Use this list at your own risk, genetics change continuously, and some phenotypes will smell more.
It’s a rough guide.

9 Likes

The old school Northern Lights and Durban Poison are a low odour strain. I havent grown any of the new strains the past couple of decades so I dont know which of those would be low odour.

9 Likes

Little or no odor ones include Papaya, Jack Herer, Master Kush, and Blue Mystic, plus the ones previously mentioned. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Great idea. I would be interested in this list for sure.

2 Likes

Had a pheno of Rosetta Stone that had no smell at all.

2 Likes

I grew out a C99 from brothers grim a few years ago, had absolutely 0 smell at all, like not even a leafy plant type of smell. Once it had cured it gained a very subtle and sweet hint of melon.
The smoke was insanely potent though! Like super narcotic.

4 Likes

I’ve grown Mr. Nice NL5xAfghan recently and the odor was faint, but still a little bit too strong on the hash smell to be stealthy.

I have a hard time answering this question because I use a filter and all the air comes out clean. I suspect some of the stuff I run is loud but I wouldn’t know it. :+1:

My WW was very low odour.

5 Likes

Sangria cookies and animal cookies. The animal cookies never had a smell start to finish.
The sangria cookies started out nicely, but continued to dissipate as it neared finish. After a month in the jar, I can smell it after I break a bud open.
This is far from what I’m used to.
Even with a carbon filter, I expect to smell it when I walk into the room. Definitely when I open the tent.
The filter tries to keep the smell from going into the other room or from going outside.
I have one that been stinking since it was 2 weeks old. It’s just beginning to bud. I can only imagine what it’s going to smell like once it gets some glands on it.

1 Like

Entourage Effect

Terpenes and flavors make the high different.

1 Like

Can’t smell them, but the terpenes are still there, just locked up because the trichromes are more solid. Just gotta wait until you ingest to find out what’s inside.

Same had a white widow pheno that had bag appeal and high but lacked smell. and during grow it had the faintest smell no filter needed. was from a clone though so idk the breeder

3 Likes

C.Banana by weedseedsexpress has a sweet fruity but very mild scent not like weed at all.

3 Likes

Northern lights

2 Likes

Blue Dream and White Widow immediately come to my mind

1 Like

Chiquita? It’s clone only mustve S1d they ran out before they could send me some my research shows it’s their best strain and a very tastey one in general

1 Like

Yep Chiquita Banana WSE have fem seeds but I dont think regs.
Easy to grow with a strong sativa high and a very smooth smoke.

2 Likes

At the moment , Sour Jack is very Low odour entering week 3 flower… I’m told It will smel very sweet soon.

I had a nice smell just before flower but right now can’t even smell anything from the young buds.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your contributions. :upside_down_face:

I’ll add it, let us know if it gets stinky later on or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like