Does it ever boggle your mind that cannabis can smell like so many things?

Most of you guys have grown more plants than I have, and even in my limited experience with the plant, I sometimes am just amazed at the variation of terpenes the plant can express.

Is there any other plant like cannabis where it can smell like anything from bananas to diesel fuel etc. ?

Maybe there are, but lately this is an aspect of the plant that has stood out to me and made it seem even more extraordinary.

16 Likes

My GF doesnt partake but she sure does love my grows for the flowers. she cant stand the smell which i find hilarious since like you i am ttly amazed by the variety and could sit there for hours just taking them in!

10 Likes

I know what you mean about smelling the flowers… I just finished growing an autoflower called “Sour Stomper” and I have been smelling it non stop in the jars… It just reeks of some kind of non-existent fantasy fruits and grapes and… I dunno what, but man every time I go to burp the jars I take some time to smell it and be astonished.

5 Likes

exaclty, right!!??!! and everyday it just gets better and better and better!!!

4 Likes

My last grow, which was a pheno of zombie kush and purple punch smelled just like fruit loops cereal, I am finishing up a second grow of the same genetics and it kind of smelt like licorice and is now smelling like chocolate towards the end of the grow. It is kind of shocking to be honest how different one is from the other as far as smell

10 Likes

now im getting hungry, thanks :-/

4 Likes

Hi @MumenRyder … just passing by man

My Crono Smell chart …

1 to 10 cycle … Brickseed bank … South America Lands … Cat Pee … Mijo de Gato
10 to 20 cy … Holly Kush … Madame and Macconhela the top users … uhuhnnn . You have future on this…
20 to 30 …First Skunk on the nose >>> As Doctor Kush goes Kushayo comes … And a Berry 1 of 4 … Sweet … From Uruguay … I burn one in a 19 local cup … If i have 8g i would won the barbecue

30 to 40 … Cheese and Black Domina >>> Madame in love again … Macc … Goes 5k in Insta
Looks like Mango , fella times

2021… Gelatos Golden Tigers Dedomelatos Tangies …

Get the vision >> I put the glasses in socks … to avoid the noise … My personal FOXs can snuff and hear …
the worst is whem i don’t remember where i put the buds ,

Is there a relation between sense of smell and intelligence? - Quora

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/J4j7ggZqbiU :jack_o_lantern: :dark_sunglasses: :mage: :green_heart: :mechanical_arm: :pirate_flag:

1 Like

Now that you mention it, yes it does! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hops for sure can carry many different aromas. There are many different kind of scented geraniums.
I grew some cherry tomatoes native to the Galapagos that the foliage had a bright lemony scent to it.

Many of the vegetables and other types of plants that we encounter day to day and often take for granted have a much wider range of flavors, aromas, shapes, and colors than most people would assume. Maybe not quite as adaptable or wide ranging as the aromas in cannabis and hops, but still a lot of variety.

7 Likes

Day lilies and gardenias can have a wide range of smells. I once briefly had in my possession a gardenia that started its flower white, then faded to yellow, then a nice orange. The smell was kinda vanilla like but 3 tiny flowers filled my entire house with scent, and it was intoxicating. Got to mule that down to Mexico, bare root in carry-on. The courtyard there now smells amazing as its gotten a few years growth on now.

I can tell different buds smell different, but honestly my sense of smell is horrible, so dont ever ask me to describe something unless its rather strong…

5 Likes

I also grew out this strain and it’s my favourite smelling strain so far besides a Blueberry auto I grew last summer. It smells so damn good! Like sweet, delicious, sour candy. The blueberry from last summer smelled like blueberries and cream… it was unreal. I took down a northern lights auto earlier this summer and when it was hanging it smelled like rotten meat! But like, in a good way. Currently growing a Sherbert x Irene Kush cross by CSI Humboldt that smells like sweet old lady perfume… “Irene” Kush… It’s incredible! This plant literally blows my mind.

2 Likes

I have 10 strains in storage and they all smell different. Like this is not the same thing but totally different.
Vaariety us good.l have everything from gym socks to fuel to lemon to flowers

Keeps Mrs Foreigner guessing :shushing_face:

5 Likes

No, but it does SOUR Boggle it . . .

EnragedGlumHackee-max-1mb

5 Likes

Catpiss a clone only strain which I grew back in the day…smells exactly like Catpiss.

3 Likes

Hoop is a plant, that got different aromas too.

1 Like

I love that Cannabis has a billion different smells and flavors :yum:

4 Likes

I am in awe that you all can describe the different aromas, me it either smells good or it doesn’t.

3 Likes

My current bday cake (at 40 days aprox) smells like Chinese food. So strange…

2 Likes

Fortune cookies

2 Likes