Noob questions

Yeah it usually is :joy:

2 Likes

Changing to another noob subject: what methods to temporarly bring temperature down? this weekend is coming a hot wave so… what methods you use?

2 Likes

I switch on lights at night and daylight off, no light leaks and cooler … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

How hot are we talking about?

1 Like

I am in 24h shedule, then will be like that.

Right now I have the room temperature @ 27-27.8ºC with outside temperatures of 24ºC expected 40ºC for weekend :S

1 Like

Remember to lower your ppm/ec as plants will be drinking a lot more to cool down

Go 18hrs on , and do lights off ( 6hrs ) at hottest part of the day : )

3 Likes

I’m comfortable with 30-32 but I’d rather not push it further than that.

Turning off your lights in the hottest part of the day is a good idea. They won’t mind.

2 Likes

Plants take a 4 hours nap even with lights on, you should switch to 20/4 and at least give them a rest … zz|nullxnull

I can put the timmer but I like doing veg in 24/0, they can nap as long as they grow…

About cloning clones, 2 or 3 generations will change the plants?

Clone as much as you like , no worries about clones of clones of clones : )

3 Likes

All right, I will. He he the next run will be sensi, my 1st one.

Right now I may wait more 2 or 3 weeks before flip and if they grow…

I am very happy with the answers I got.

This is why I love this community.

2 Likes

Another noob question: does a plant grow slower on a smaller pot?

1 Like

I don’t know if slower icon_e_confused|nullxnull but smaller for sure. … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

No. But it makes hand watering a challenge.

2 Likes

@Foreigner

Why did you call this one ugly?’

2 Likes

This is way more uglier

3 Likes

At day 30 or so this plant stopped putting on weight and I found a few bananas. I figured no big deal, pulled them off and kept going.

Then I did it again, and again, and again.

I’ve seen and killed herms before but this one was very bad. New flower growth twisting itself male.

Interesting is all.

3 Likes

So another noob question, I find my 400w lamp is raising the etectrical bill and between that and the risk I think I will need to downgrade from 400 to 150w hps, shoul be ok for an average of 7 medium plants?

2 Likes

have you seen the cheap led light thread? If you have heat problems, and electric problems, led would help with both.

3 Likes