Northern Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks in my education! :smiley:

4 Likes

LITFA

Looks like they may need some of this…sold out around here I had to travel to find some!

10 Likes

I have tankers full of the stuff ready for distribution once this crisis is over. :joy:

10 Likes

The Northern Lights autos are continuing to grow happy and healthy. The Female Seeds NL (center) is continuing to flower nicely. The buds are beginning to form and elongate. The Royal Queens Seeds NLs (left and right) still are showing no signs of flowering under 20 hours of light. I have lowered the daylight hours to 18 hours in hopes of getting them to initiate flowering. For reference, these plants are about five weeks from germination. I also, looking back at my notes, noticed one of the RQS NL was missing a cotyledon, I bet I know which one it was.

The leaves on the right RQS NL are pretty good sized. Too bad I already have a cannagar rolled up, it sure would make a good wrapping.

13 Likes

Hey, careful there - that’s the emergency TP supply! :rofl: :joy:

Has anyone done a ‘how to’ thread on rolling with leaves?

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Sure is, a whole thread on making cannagar for your reading pleasure.

11 Likes

BRILLIANT!
Much appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers
G

9 Likes

Are you starting to wonder if the slow babies are autos vrs photo’s? I would be, but I tend to have more issues on grows than you do! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

At five weeks, I’m beginning to wonder. I lowered the hours of light to see if that makes a difference. I will give them another week of 18/6 and see where we are.
:+1::seedling:

9 Likes

Another couple of days of LITA and the RQS on the left is showing signs of flowering now under the 18/6 light schedule.

15 Likes

The Female Seeds plant in the center is doing well. The Royal Queen Seeds plant on the left has begun to flower, while the one on the right looks like it may be showing signs of flowering.

18 Likes

Oh damn you made me laugh with this post! One time walking down the hall at 3am with a bong and a sock sticking outta the top, one of my twin boys (age10) steps into the hall from the bathroom and goes “WOW what is that?”, oh this is uhhhhh sock washer. Cool, years go by, one day sitting in the living room feeling defeated by a bad day… Hey Dad looks like you could really use a sock washer sesh in your grow closet right now.

The plants look incredible, your forest floor ground cover is superb! I’m in to the finish as I am to stay home as ordered, haven’t left the house for 41 days. Thank you for sharing your time and incredible grow pics, you rock like upside down flint rubble bubble cake!

12 Likes

To my knowledge, they should be fems…

3 Likes

They should be autos too, but not flowering after five weeks has me worried.

5 Likes

18/6 is not a natural light cycle, would a 14/10 natural veg light cycle be more conducive to the chemical reaction in auto’s to fire it up to flowering more quickly?

3 Likes

No, autos dont usually react to photoperiod changes. That’s what makes them autos. One of the advantages is you can give them lots more light.

It’s not uncommon for stray pollen to happen though. Or it could just be slow to flower…

5 Likes

Sorry, but I beg to differ, it depends on your Latitude, 58N (High Level Alberta) gets to about 20/4(ish) around the summer solstice. Same for most of Alaska etc. I think autos are your best chance for an outdoor grow in these areas. Mind you they are growing grain up there now.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I agree, we would get 22 hours of light in Fairbanks, Alaska in the middle of summer. Never grown auto’s so I’m gonna go do some Reikosearch and increase the knowledge, Thank you @Gpaw

7 Likes

On their website they say that harvesting shoul be 9-10 weeks after sprouting…

4 Likes

Yeah? That’s what I was expecting, but not what’s happening. I’ll peak at them today for any changes.

3 Likes