Northern Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

My plants are kind of like my life right now. All over the place. The RQS NL Auto on the left is short and branchy, but has begun to flower. I don’t expect much stretch from it. The Female Seeds NL Auto in the middle is done stretching and should be filling in some buds soon, but it is a bit on the thinner leafed side. Not exactly what I would call a NL looking plant. Finally the problem child RQS NL Auto on the right got topped a good 6-8 inches, mostly out of spite. She does have a few pistils popping up here and there, but nothing I would call a flower yet.

14 Likes

Lets see March 25th its the 7th. A little over 30 days actually rooted you think? Your autos as a comparisson usually at the 5th 6th node break into “Hammer Time”. Im setting up like your thinking but smaller. A 1-2 plant auto cab to run 18/6 Non stop. Im gonna use a mixture of 2 Cobb chips and a pack or 3 of sils and another small inline.

Seems like there troublesome? Maybe im used to seeing you destroy not that your not. Your putting them through there paces. Ive been eyeing Roc Bud. Any experience with his gear?

I’d say im shooting dice at Reiko’s but im afraid I might be so stoned he’d be able to just take me off gently. Hehe! I love your tenacity. Great minds think alike. Me “covid has it fucked up”…“better break a huge stinky ass run off while temps are cool”. Slaps dont come near. Infected recuperating and funky sticker on door. Come back in 60 to 90 days. Thanks.:rofl: Awesome work. That kelp resurfaces. I love kelp! Clover is a nice addition for N huh…you transplant your clover or seed? Dumb? Mites from outside is what I worry bout clover transplants. Wash roots? Rice hulls as well? Cool probably cheap.:blush::metal:

You topped an auto. This a first for you? Wacky sum biches they are! Carry on Master Yoda!

2 Likes

Got some Bum Wine Waiting to go in. (Hubbabubbamellosxope(x)tyraniscope I believe is (Tyrone OG) theres a furthering of your strain name and halarious. Who’s Tyrone? Somebkdy better call him! Lol. From Ronin Gardens. The Bum Wine is. Its a fatty stunner for sure.:blush::metal:

1 Like

42 days since they germinated by my count. Its probably the bigger pots. I’ve always felt autos flowered faster in smaller pots.

6 Likes

True. Remember that big SBRxSP1 I I ran that and one of Mr. S’s (green phenos) and larger ice cream buckets than my usual 1/2 gallon to Solo Cup they went probably 90 some days for real but it was some of the best smoke that I had. That one of Mr. Sparkles green phenos it went 90 days and went to a (cheese pheno) it was some of the densest Auto and best auto smoke I’ve ever had.

That green Fino was so cheesy and so bright green yellow that I kept examining it with a microscope for mold honestly and was hesitant to even smoke it. It it was beautiful everybody loved it man!

Yours as well now that I remember it it went long 90 days and came out like a Halloween mix with our Ravens colors. Fucking Wicked plant! One of the prettiest plants I’ve ever grown out seriously that Sugar Black Rose or sweet black rose fucking damn! now that I think about it my mom has a couple of the lower buds in her room I was cruising through her smokes like the other day I’m going to grab some pictures of it and it’s been curing for a bit it’s still got that purple orange and it real hard. I’d love to press it out right now on a warm plate. Mmm rosin is so sweet. Hay doi mio Fuking Reiko!

2 Likes

Not to thread jack but if your on discord ever hmu. Im prolly 3 hours ahead. I do most smoking now really. :blush: I’ve yet to be on much. Id like a 4 way live cast. Thatd be cool if I wasnt falling out on everyone like an old man. Like Uncle Si nappin noddin whatever.:laughing:

1 Like

Did a virtual smoke session with my brother on May 4th. We watched Star Wars: Rogue One together on Zoom.

8 Likes

Fuckin A. Youre on some next gen shit. They aint even know it. My dad would still fuck me up if he knew hahaha! I love it all!

Did you blow “The Walker”?

4 Likes

That is flippen kool!!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Northern Lights Autos are at about seven weeks since breaking the soil. The Royal Queen Seeds NL plant on the left is flowering now, it has very small buds starting to develop. The Female Seeds NL plant in the middle is flowering, thought the buds also look very thin and wispy. Finally the Royal Queen Seeds NL plant on the right is still not flowering after I topped it. It may need more training, not sure what I’ll do. Options include killing it like @Mr.Sparkle would, switching the whole tent to 12/12 to get it to flower, or letting it grow until the other two are harvested, then flip it to 12/12. I may do the last one, but by then it will have taken over most of the tent.

16 Likes

Just need to get your rooms done :wink:

5 Likes

man that’s rough… best bet is definitely sounding like killing it is the way to go. sadness. Wonder if they just mixed it up when they bagged it or what. That female Seeds in the middle looks to be a winner though.

2 Likes

There is a saying about if you want a job done right… looks like that’s the route aim going to take. I’m so close to the finish line…

5 Likes

I decided to flop over the tops of the NL !Auto on the right. I broke one stem and cracked another moving too fast. Oh well, LITFA will fix that. While I was doing maintenance, I chopped the cover crop again. Especially had to chop the vetch, it has a way of climbing up the plants and will wrap around buds and leaves. I also watered them with an aloe/coconut tea.

13 Likes

Looking nice and healthy. I need the complete Reiko soil/amendments guide and benefits. Im going to HD right now to get more soil mix. That’s turned my grow completely around.:pray:

I tried to buy a gallon of LITFA a while ago. Reiko was like what the fux thjs guys deal? He’s my Sensei now lol. Pedro sent me beans to please add breaks in my text.:rofl: Love you guys. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hahaha thanks Pedro!

5 Likes

I really don’t think I will be running these Northern Lights Autos again. I’ve had nothing but trouble with these so far. The Royal Queens Seeds NL on the left has nickle sized buds. They don’t seem to be getting any bigger either. It took this plant a while to flower, so maybe I’ll get something off of it. The Female Seeds NL in the middle is the only one that is acting right. It started flowering at about four or five weeks. The buds have stopped stretching and are staring to fill in, but there is very little frost on any of this plant. Finally the elephant in the room, the Royal Queens Seed NL on the right is still not flowering. I topped it again out of spite and yelled at it to make it start flowering. I’ve thought about culling the NL on the right and putting my mother plants in there. Then using my small tent to clone my mother plants.

12 Likes

You are not inspiring my confidence level here… :worried:
I was planning on running 3 of the RQS Northern Autos (from the vault) next…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

aww man, yeah that’s pretty rough… Have you looked at any of Mephisto Genetics or NightOwl Seeds gear? Every one of those I’ve seen have been frosty and tasty and pretty much no issues growing. Literally the only issue we’ve had in ~20 plants was with a single Sour Stomper that flowered at ~4 inches tall. I just dropped a Northern Cheese Haze from Mephisto into a DWC just a couple days ago that i’m documenting in my thread but nothing exciting happening yet.

4 Likes

Hey man just want to say i enjoy seeing the updates on this thread. It sucks to see the struggle with the NL on the right. I was going to suggest an experiment the other day but stop myself in case it might hurt the plant. Now that you are thinking of maybe culling it anyways what do you think about putting it in the dark for a while till it was thirsty and then dumping some crushed ice onto the soil and letting it melt to shock the plant into flowering before “winter” or have you or someone else tried that already?

3 Likes