Northern Lights Harvest Day

Not much of a grow room diary, but today was harvest day for my two Northern Lights gals.

Been waiting for these for a long time. Grew them last year, but didn’t have room to flower them. So I took clones, cut mom down, and kept these two gals tiny until I freed up space for them.

The seeds came from Pyramid in Spain. Don’t know if they are from original NL5 stock, or something else they bred. It’s supposedly has won a bunch of awards in Europe. For whatever that’s worth.

Anyway, all I know is these are some of the biggest, stickiest buds I’ve been able to grow under my cheap LEDs.
This plant is a beast. It is super healthy, and the clones take root faster than anything else I’ve got.

The initial smell of these buds is a strong sweet berry, but after the initial berry, it brings in a strong peppery, spicy aroma. I think the final cured smell will be mostly spicy.

One of the girls, before chop:

One girls fan leaves mostly removed, ready for trimming:

Almost done trimming first big bud! Monster!

Trimming got sloppier and sloppier as I went, but they are all hung up and ready for lights out drying nap for next week or so.

Jars will be full soon. Gonna be a good summer!!

29 Likes

What is that you are hanging them from?

3 Likes

The hanger is from Ikea, I believe. Wife bought it a long time ago. It wasn’t being used, and she was about to throw it out a few months ago… I was like “hold on! I can use that!!”

Here’s a link to it. It’s pretty awesome

6 Likes

Kinda of sorta like what I use?
regards,
mike28086

5 Likes

Great idea, i like it. Looking for that led me to this, https://www.amazon.com/Tosnail-Stainless-Hangers-Clothes-Accessories/dp/B07XT6GXW9/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=ikea+pressa+hanging+dryer&qid=1590802237&sr=8-9. Lots more clips than i’d ever need at one time, but nice to have a second hanger in reserve.

3 Likes

I am really impressed with this NL female. she’s got to still dry another 2-3 days before cure, but the smell is heaven. Much sweeter than I expected.
I’m thinking I might stick her clone into the tent with my Black Widow male for a final seed run, before I shut the grow down until next winter.

Any interest in BW x NL seeds?
I’d love to call their children ‘Black Lights’, but someone’s already done that with NL and Black Durban :crazy_face:

4 Likes

You can call them “underground railroad”

Jk call the cross “Northern Spyder” I don’t think that ones been taken

1 Like

Or “Northern Widow”

1 Like

light black? :rofl:

1 Like

We got a winner!

1 Like