Not Another Hoodini Grow Log

Awesome I’ll try that. . . Your the man! That’s strange that I would have catepillars in this dry a** heat but I must be doing something right if I’ve got them. . . Even though there f*ckin with the wrong redneck

1 Like

@MadScientist would that be cayenne chili power or just red chili powder?

It is not really caterpillars. They look like it. Dunno the name.

2 Likes

We will call them dead bugs cuz that’s what they are going to be. The first plant with the damage I posted I would have just let them have it. But they violated my “precious” and now they gotta DIE!

1 Like

I am the same, anything in my garden that moves, dies!

1 Like

Remind me never to be caught in your garden then hahaha so the chili powder- red chili or cayenne?

1 Like

Garlic is a naturally acidic substance that will kill and repel caterpillars. You can use garlic in a variety of ways. In a spray bottle, mix two cups of water with two spoonfuls of garlic powder. Add a teaspoon of dish soap, which will create an adhesive element that will allow the spray to stick to caterpillars and plant leaves. Spray onto the caterpillars as well as surrounding shrubbery and soil.

If you prefer to use garlic cloves, dice and sprinkle around vegetation, which will repel but not kill the caterpillars unless they come into direct contact with the garlic. To use fresh garlic most effectively, grind a handful of cloves into a dusting, and add to three cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray onto plant leaves and surrounding areas to kill caterpillars, and repeat every few weeks to keep them away.

Preventing Caterpillars

After you have gotten rid of the caterpillars, make sure none return. You can make a simple repellent from natural ingredients. Hot pepper is a natural insect repellent. Grind and sprinkle hot peppers around the lawn and garden, or mix two cups of water with two spoonfuls of hot pepper powder (cayenne pepper, chili pepper or jalapeno pepper). Spray onto plants and surrounding areas to keep caterpillars at bay, and repeat every few weeks or after a hard rain

1 Like

So thanks to led seedz new post

I’ve seen the error of my ways and have flagged my own post of the pic of @ReikoX 's seeds he sent me. .seeing as I can’t figure out how to delete it myself
Edit-hahaha and earned “first flag” badge from it! Awesome

1 Like

I think he was referring to packaging of the mail article (envelope), stealth techniques, addresses, and appearance of the mail article. If you are referring to your original post, I don’t see what would be wrong with that.

2 Likes

:+1: ok good I just didn’t want to take any chances. I take following rules very seriously. I don’t want to hurt or offend anyone in anyway so thanks bro!

3 Likes

Pics above are from leaf miners adults lay eggs and the larvae tunnel in btween the upper and lower portions of the leaf til they merge I never really treat for it and let plants just deal with it your plant will only suffer aesthetics never heard of plants dying off from it

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle to the rescue. . . I had been looking and looking for traces of “caterpillars” but nothing and the more I looked into leaf miners i started think it was them. . . Im glad you told me it wont harm the plant i really had spraying anything on my plant and i like to live in harmony with the bugs. . . They don’t harm the life of my plant I don’t harm the life of the hungry little critter. . . . @Northern_Loki you have won! I really only 5 worth while seeds in my seed bank right now (3 are the blue dream for the comparative grow that I have to germinate soon seeing as the first two died from heat exhaustion and SGS.) But I will send you my 2 Razzleberry Kush seeds if you would like them. . . For your amazing bug detection! And the rest of you that helped I wish I had anymore seeds to send you

2 Likes

Vvvvhat! I won? Haha. No way man, please keep your seed bank stocked. But, I thank you very much for the generous offer.

Keep on eye on the plants. I’ll be pleased to see more photos of your grow!

2 Likes

Well i appricate it! Thanks bro. :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Looks like this… it’s a leaf miner. Got this pic from my cannabis grow bible. It says spray for caterpillars/cutworms

7 Likes

Thank @Meesh you are on top of it. Great pic that is exactly what it is! Does it say that they can kill the plant? I was told the won’t kill my plant so I’m going to let them be for now the designs on leaves are actually kind of cool. Reminds me of mike Tysons tattoo a little

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t say it kills them or that it doesn’t. Just says “insatiable” and “eats leaves”
I realized after I dug up that photo that someone had said the same thing. I’m actually stoked that I remembered seeing that somewhere before and could actually identify something correctly, but sorry for the redundancy. lol

7 Likes

Hell no apologies thats why i told you that you were on top of it. That wasnt just some internet pic that you uploaded. you busting out your growers bible flipping through it saying "i know ive seen this, i know ive seen this, then bam you were right. . . there it is! Thats awesome and thats the way you become the master grower you are so passionate about! :+1:

5 Likes

@ReikoX hey buddy the eagle has landed! No pic my cell signals been cutting out. Thank you so much i will be starting 1 of each probably tomorrow :+1:

2 Likes

You’ll end up with 4 males and a female. :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes