Not Another Hoodini Grow Log

Horror struck the HOODINI house today. . . All my auto and I do mean ALL my autos died today. 8 @ReikoX mix, my 2 blue dream’matic for the comparative grow and even my critical purple all fried today. The razzleberry and the rest of my photo plants outside are doing GREAT but all the autos fizzled up. I went out like I do every morning about 8ish and checked on them and they were all perky and loving the morning rays so I wet the top of my soil down just like I always do every morning and when I got home around lunch time every single auto was not only flat on the soil and wilted but dried up and crunchy! I was and still am heartbroken :cry::cry::cry: I don’t know how why or what the hell happened but the uv index being at 12.8 today might have been the problem because even with the shade screen I put over them a week ago it still fried them like an egg. Even my wife’s African daisys did the same thing and they are from Africa wtf??

3 Likes

But I did find a little friend on my razzleberry putting in work…

That’s a spider that caught a fly for those of you that are visually challenged like myself

4 Likes

Ru in the ground or in pots ? Fabric? Plastic? Color? If in plastic black at 100 degrees with amount of sun on them could cook the roots… how big (gallon) if in pots !

I’ve got them in 3.6 gallon plastic pots. . . Black of course fml but I buried the pots up to the top 3 inches to keep the pots cool. And I water the pots like normal but will flood the soil all around my pots to keep them as cool as possible. But thanks for the input I’m sure the black pots even buried didn’t help my cause. But when your broke and need plants in something you can move to get them out of extreme weather I have to buy what I can afford. . . I saw people making there own cloth pots and figure that’s even cheaper but I got to refresh my sewing skills first haha

2 Likes

I brought my tomato plant indoor as they too were starting to swivel up and die. The heat index was 107 (98 degrees + 98 % RH.)

Put them in the cool basement and soaked them till runoff. They bounced back had to add more stakes and wrap tie.

2 Likes

@G-paS My tomatoe plants are doing just fine except the heat keeps drying out the flowers before they can get pollenated. . . So I’ve got about 100 flowering sites all over the tomatoes plant but only 2 little tomatoes grow at the moment :frowning: but my tomatoes plant is almost 10 months old and only 3 feet tall lol

2 Likes

sounds about right I started them inside and only took them outside when I got bugs in the tent.

2 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^
Manuel like override!
Out of likes for 45minutes lol
@G-paS

2 Likes

First I thought she was hungry even though I know my soil and there is no way she would be but I gave her a small feeding with some MegaCrop just to see. Well it didn’t help and is spreading. I looked over all the leaves top to bottom, no sign of any bug life on my plant (except the few grasshopper chew marks, that’s normal) then I thought OMG TMV but laughed it off my leaves aren’t curling and it’s only happening to my lower old leaves. So besides SGS i dont know what it is. Any ideas anyone?? I’m going to have to pull her if I can’t get her healed up asap. @Tinytuttle @99PerCent @ReikoX care to share your limitless wisdom with me? :wink:

1 Like

Outdoors?? Looks like bird poop. :bird: :poop:

If you are indoors, it looks like dribblings from the bottom of a container. The drainage water doesn’t treat the foliage too well.

2 Likes

Outdoor. No bird poop though it’s spreading. The 2 leaves that had this yesterday I pruned off (they were about dead anyway) and this morning bam 3 more like it. This leaves did show a little sign of damage yesterday but not like this
If you want or need better pics I can do that

Tomato leaf miner?

4 Likes

Manual like overrides @99PerCent and @Northern_Loki​:+1::+1::1st_place_medal:
The damage looks similar @Northern_Loki and I do have a few tomatoes plants near by but 1 it says it’s rarely a problem outdoor. No signs of larvae and I’m in the desert of the US I really don’t think we have these. . .But i am going out to inspect my tomatoes plants to see if they show signs too :+1:

2 Likes

Tomatoes look fine but I did notice little dark green speckles on 1 of my still little tomatoes
Edit- found 1 leave damaged the same on another plant that it the most dearest and sentimental plant I have right now!!! It’s the last plant my grow mentor ever planted! Its got to be a bug of which I’ve never seen here but I can’t lose this plant!:sob: I’ve got some organic bug spray I will use later tonight when it’s not so much sun and heat on them right now. I have to find the problem asap thanks for all the help guys

1 Like

See if you can get some clones and wash those thoroughly with some dish soap or something for eggs (rosemary oil in very light doses kills most insect eggs).

If you have pests that move that quickly, these may not make harvest.

2 Likes

I didn’t think of cloning :+1:I’ve never done it but with ReikoX LITFA formulated cloning I’m definitely going to try. I upload a pic of my "precious’ right now. . . I’ve been a little iffy about posting pics of her in case of bad juju lol call me paranoid but that’s what’s kept me around!

1 Like

So now that she’s up here let me tell you her story. . . So after my grow mentor died she went unknown and unlooked after for about 3 days. . . She was only on her second set of true leaves and the bugs got her.:sob: they ate between the the 1st and 2nd node and the only set of leaves she had left were half dried out and brown by the time I found her at his house! I practically stayed up for 3 days watching and nurturing her like I do my daughter’s when they are sick. . . She pulled through! This is her a week after (you can see where she was eating thru and still see how bad the 1st set of leaves were)

The magic was lots of LOVE some light doses of 2-2-2 100% organic fish and kelp fertilizer and a lot of help from my mentor​:wink: and maybe even :unicorn::poop:

Oh and I let my wife try her first FIM on her (the first pic of her) it turned out to be a RFM (really f*ckin missed) haha but she’s growing like a champ. . . If you can guess what “strain” she’s suppose to be I’ll give you my house haha spoiler alert there is no way she is what she is suppose to be. . . .
Ok I’ll tell you she is suppose to be a GDP Larry
I believe that is GDPxLarry OG but I could be wrong. She looks almost a pure sativa So i dont see her turning purple anytime soon (or ever) plus she smells like straight skunk ALREADY. I put her in the plant shack a week ago or so and came out the next morning and it smelled like I had skunk bud curing in it. . .

2 Likes

@MadScientist hey would you take a quick peek at my pics ^^^^ up there and see if you’ve seen this before. Thanks for your time!

Oh yeah, that is a trace that caterpillars leave and it’s bad for the plant. Use chilli powder with luke warm water and spray the little babies. That willl get rid of new damage, after that you might wanna foliar feed a little bit, so the leaves grab a little strengh directly! Cool!

2 Likes