Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Hey guys…for those who don’t have access to 190 proof Everclear, this looks looks promising. They ship anywhere and you can get 190 proof and 200 proof food grade. I can get Everclear here but I want to try the 200 proof. Here’s their link https://www.extractohol.com/ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

if you’re in Mexico you absolutely need to use 190 proof Tequila! :smile: It would be unpatriotic not to.

8 Likes

careful licking the spatula… speaking from experience… to much is BAD!

11 Likes

Perspective is everything. :grin:

4 Likes

If you look the spoon enough, you will begin to realize there is no spoon.

4 Likes

I fast-wash my sugar trim so the product comes out golden brown. About 15g in there. It’s easier for me to measure doses when I know exactly how many mg. I have. So I break it down to 100% hash oil.
Making candies today :candy:

14 Likes

Looking , brilliant …:blush:keep the good bud coming … Mechelle x

Just a note for the people in the UK. if you register as (IIRC) an alternative herbalist you can buy 100% proof alcohol explicitly for making tinctures. Of course, the tinctures you should be making are legal ones but it would give you access to 100% ABV (200% proof) alcohol suitable for tinctures of all sorts.

I would advise googling it to find out all the details.

Great thread.

5 Likes

fyi alcohol creates an azeotrope with water meaning 95.6% (191 proof) is the highest you can actually get without the aid of chemical drying, and once at say 100% if left open to the air around us it will literally pull water from the air to go back into that balance.

I know all nerdy and stuff, but just so you know.

10 Likes

It is probably chemically dried then. Still food grade though, intended for tinctures.

I likes me some nerdy stuff, glad to know that. That would be why the ‘organic’ tincture alcohol tops out at 190 proof.

So if you got an extract made from 100% ABV alcohol, then allowed the alcohol to evaporate, you might find up to 4.4% water left behind as if by magic?

Have an interesting fact back :wink:

The reason alcohol is measure in ‘% proof’ is because sailors on board navy ships were concerned that their tot of rum was watered down. To show it had not been, the bosun would pour some on gunpowder and if it could still be lit, that was ‘proof’ that the rum was not watered down.

And yes, that was around the 50% ABV mark.

6 Likes

Technically yes, also the reason if you ever do evaporate off any alcohol solvent when right near total evaporation the liquid goes cloudy that’s due to the water playing into it all.

3 Likes

Very much true…we run methanol in our race engines here…and we have to store it in metal containers not plastic…and other safeguards…because it realy does atract/ absorb water moister easily.

3 Likes

If I use purple flower can I call it purple dragon??:thinking:

7 Likes

Yes lots of colors and hues are possible. I’ve even heard of blue hues. :thumbsup: :seedling:

2 Likes

The count down has begun. I finally finally will get the alcohol today.

My friend who I was gonna do the pound with didn’t want to wait for the translation of the instructions from here and decided he was just gonna throw a bunch of bud in a bunch of 50% alcohol. :scream:

I will start today with the recipe from above with 7 grams of gc x q which is completely purple.

so my whole kitchen and house will smell like weed?

I brought home a electric burner also so I don’t catch the kitchen on fire.

4 Likes

Your whole house will smell like weed. I use a toaster oven for small batches.

4 Likes

I will find out today in the evening.

I finally got 5litres of 95%tequila.

15 Likes

I’m a little jealous. :tropical_drink:

8 Likes

In a high but jelious😋 x good luck Mechelle x

1 Like

Is the container material for the alcohol relevant?

I ground 7 grams of my smoking mix.

Put it it in the oven 240f . I used a IR heat gun and cookie sheet for target. At 20 min I moved the shake around 25 more min.

Do I have to put the alcohol in a glass container with lid?

9 Likes