Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Ah, I became alert right at this point.

Years ago, I saw a chart of what evaporates at what temperatures and IIRC at the temperature the oven is at to decarb, a fair amount of things like smells etc will evaporate away. If possible I would like to avoid doing this.

I am quite interested in decarbing for extraction without using an oven, would I already be doing this with a good cure?

Also, is the quality of extracted product affected by not using an oven? Positively, or negatively

1 Like

How does the final color look to you? I will try it tonight.

Another one of those 180 that make me more confused to cover or not to cover.

1 Like

@ReikoX does a good job of explaining why and when and I think he is correct. 3 or 4 posts up.

If your product is very dry, cover, if there is any moisture, don’t cover. If you are concerned about preserving terpenes, don’t use oven to de-carb. Makes good sense.

5 Likes

Looks kinda reddish, but very potent.

2 Likes

I stepped outside Saturday and saw a package I wasn’t expecting until Monday. What could this 420 present be?

The Source Turbo by ExtractCraft had a $100 off sale for 420. I’ve been looking into these for a while, but the price tag is a bit high. The price of 95% alcohol is around $1.50 per ounce, so I should pay back the purchase price in a year or two. I use four ounces of everclear per quarter ounce of buds, then evaporate two ounces of that. This machine will allow me to reclaim that two ounces.

I had some Green Dragon I made with old rosin bags sitting in the freezer to winterize. The night before, I strained this three or four times so it was ready to go when the unit arrived. After following the included instructions, I setup the unit. It looks right at home on my kitchen counter. I had right around a cup of Green Dragon that I poured into the crucible, filled the top tray with ice, and started the process. After two runs, I reclaimed almost all of the alcohol and was left with a couple grams of RSO. I will most likely use that for edibles or capsules. I have a bunch of material I’m going to start to run for topicals. This is going to make the depletion batches worthwhile.

14 Likes

Wow…Never seen it go that color!

Great minds think alike :+1: :grin:

3 Likes

Me either, have you tried it yet? Does it smell or taste like alcohol? You mentioned separation, that usually happens with lower proof alcohol.

It almost looks like you have a water/oil emulsion. If that’s the case, I would reduce it all the way to oil then add back the alcohol. That’s the protocol for lower proof alcohol.

2 Likes

This is what it looks like after all day sitting.

Smells like tequila/ alcohol/weed

How much should I try? .5 ml?

Edit, I tried .5 ml. Didn’t burn like I thought it would.

7 Likes

See how that 0.5 no treats you after an hour or so. No settling after sitting for a day, so it should be good to go. The color could just be from the leftover sugars in the tequila.

1 Like

So it’s been like 45 min and I feel good. Kinda trippy. Also have a feeling of numbness/alternating pressure in my temples.

I am estimating my final volume in 50 ml.

Gonna try another .5 to see if we can step it up. I left it in my mouth for a bit

3 Likes

Sounds like the 0.5 no was a good dose. The effects are different, more subtle and definitely a clearer high. Just be warned, tincture can drive up your tollerance fast!

3 Likes

Here is what I don’t get.

If I usually smoke a .25g joint there would be 28 dosis in 7 grams. Shouldn’t i take 28/50ml = 1.7 ml - one dosis??

That sux about tolerance.

Different methods of ing3stion have different levels of efficiency. How much of that joint burns off in the air, how much THC is left after you exhale? Sublingual dosing is one of the most efficient methods of dosing. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Whats that red stuff on the sides of the glass? Paint or? Did some of that get dissolved by the alcohol maybe?

If so - I wonder how healthy it is?

1 Like

It was like a red plastic cover on the outside of the glass. None got inside. It is the thickest non Pyrex cup I had. The small bowl on the burner is Pyrex. I just came out of my coma from last night. :alien:

4 Likes

How much did you end up doing? Just the 1ml?

1 Like

Well, now that we have eliminated all the wild conspiracy theories, I can only conclude that that batch of plants were abducted by aliens, and they performed alien experiments on them before returning them to you at 12:01 AM on the first full moon after the planets all aligned. I wouldnt worry too much though. Im sure the aliens have your best interests at heart :wink:

2 Likes

yes sir just 1ml. I took .5 and like a hour later .5 I was also smoking like usual. today I will try 1ml at once. I imagine I will have to try it for a while to better recognize the affects and refine the dose. :innocent:

What would happen if I drank like 10ml? Anyone ever drink to much? what were the negative effects? If I smoke to much, I will start to get a headache for example.

I chased a flying saucer in my truck one time with some friends in the 90’s. It was at like 3am and we had all ingested a good amount of orange sunshine acid. "Sands — who with fellow chemist Tim Scully created the legendary version of LSD known as “Orange Sunshine,” Rip

3 Likes

Most likely you would “green out”. You may have some vomiting and would likely sleep for a day or two. But you wouldn’t die or anything. Cannabis is extremely non-toxic.

7 Likes