Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Hey @PSam always lurking in the shadows giving me a hand when needed.

I recently got a buchner funnel, game changer. I dont know why I waited so long.

@OniTenshu I remember your experiments in Sam’s thread on grass city. Never put two and two together. Blast from the past. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I have a Buchner funnel along with a vacuum flask that I had big plans for but unfortunately that was the time when my fortunes turned downward and I never had the volume to put it to use other than to play with a couple of times. I’d imagine that you could hook that up to your vacuum and save a ton of time.

4 Likes

Yeah, I already had the vacuum pump from my BHO days. Filters fast and doesnt waste much in the filter paper.

2 Likes

I’m glad I left enough of an impact to be remembered all this time :blush:
I’ve always wanted to improve my craft. I’ll never consider myself an expert. There’s always new stuff to learn about this wonderful plant and the chemistry of how to work with it.

Edit: in going back to try and find my old posts to see what I started at as way back when I discovered I can’t find my old posts anymore. I must have been using a different username. When I login I get Ganta, so IDK. I legitimately want to see how I did originally. I can’t remember my experiment results anymore.

I hear ya loud and clear. Unintended 6-hour “greening out” trips are not fun. I’ll take a couple hits of acid over that.

My wife, however, eats this shit like candy… I should make her candy

3 Likes

Smartie Party

I bought a small bag of Smarties the other day. I got those because someone had mentioned an easy candy application with them and Green Dragon tincture and I wanted to duplicate and verify his experience and they were the only dextrose candies that I could find over here and access. Each roll contains 15 small round candies with concave surfaces on both sides of various flavors like a little bowl.

I had to limit my experiment because I have an extremely limited supply of GD and I didn’t want to waste any if it didn’t pan out so I used 1/3 of a roll, 5 candies. I really was only checking if was broken down by the GD or if it absorbed and not expecting much for effects. Just 5 little bitty candies.

I could have just soaked them in a pool of GD but then I wouldn’t really know how much was in each one so I set them all flat in the bottom of a small beaker. The concavity was clearly visible and I placed 3 drops of 20mg/ml GD into the bowl of each candy. 3 drops filled it just right.

I just sat there for a few minutes watching them to see whether they did any tricks or barked but they just sat there and absorbed the GD. In a few minutes it was gone in every candy and they looked no different than before.

I let them sit for about fifteen minutes to let them dry because I didn’t want to take a chance they would crumble. They didn’t crumble and they seemed stable and just like candy. I ate one to see if there was any taste and the only thing I noticed was the original flavor of the candy. I ate the other four and figured that was the end of it for that day.

I hadn’t intended to share this until I’d been able to check it out a little better in the future but the results were too apparent to ignore. I started feeling it within a few minutes as it started flowing in through my oral tissue. Within a half hour I was really buzzed and it continued building. Until then I had been in tremendous pain all day and would not have been able to write this up but here it is. Must be something to it.

Each candy was 3 drops with a total of 15 for all five candies. That’s about a half dropper and it’s sublingual because of the nature of the candy. I also think this would work with larger buttermints and I was going to use those but couldn’t find any, just the Smarties. Any of those candies with that kind of texture that will absorb should work.

This was just the first try. A number of folks have now tried this and it has been verified over and over again. I started putting 3 drops on each side of the Smartie while others have used the same then added another coat after the first one dried. Those are dangerously potent. It’s better to drop the GD onto it instead of letting it soak in a volume of GD and you can control the dosage better. The cannabis oil pretty much dries on the exterior more than absorbed and the more you use, the darker the candies will be with a slight cannabis flavor that doesn’t really rise above the candy flavors.

It takes a few minutes to work up some and you would store them in an airtight container to avoid oxidation if you’re going to keep them for a while. They are a very convenient and consistent for dosing. Take them to a party and you’ll be very popular. Because it’s sugar based it will upload quickly.

Give it a try and tell us what you think. @HappyHemper - maybe your wife would like them.

And that led to this.

May The PEZ Be With You!

(Another Silly Candy Project)

I had been searching for some PEZ candies to try like the Smarties but they’re harder to find these days. I finally found some at the local Walmart clearance aisle so I picked one up. It was a choice of Star Wars or Justice League so Darth Vader was my choice. I wanted the PEZ because the dispenser would make it easier to carry if you were going out.

Each PEZ has 3 drops of GD on each side although that little trench in the middle doesn’t hold much but anything that ran over just absorbed. Once they dried I put them in the dispenser and the rest is history.

I know it’s not a big thing but it does have its uses. The way I see to use it is as microdosing throughout an event. If a person were to eat a couple to start then pop one every couple of hours. It’d be great for a rave.

I have another quickie GD edible ready in 1 minute 10 seconds in the microwave but I don’t want to wear out my welcome so I’ll save it for a little later. GD is great stuff and you can do a ton of stuff with it and ReikoX’s process leads to great results.

6 Likes

I love this idea! I have some green dragon sitting in the fridge because it tastes like crap. Ive been adding it to a cup of tea every once in a while, but I like this idea much better. Im pretty sure I can steal some candy that will work from my granddaughter over Halloween :smiley:

3 Likes

@PSam this is a great idea, thanks!
Normally we decarb into coconut and bake with it, or she adds the oil to her morning coffee concoction, but this seems cleaner, easier, and no candy thermometers involved. I like it a lot :thumbsup:

4 Likes

@ReikoX there’s no chance you remember anything else about that time? Before those experiments I couldn’t remember much from the lithium they had me on as a teenager. I want to say it was in 2016. Unless there’s a huge gap I can’t recognize in my memory it shouldn’t have been before August 2015 when I got a semi reliable source for bud. I can’t remember which ex GF I was with anymore when I was posting on GCF :man_facepalming:t2:

Whoops walling.

Edit rather than new post: I’m scrolling through each of the 1000 pages to find my old posts now. Before I mostly repaired my neural networks I couldn’t remember more than about 5 minutes before I had no idea why I was doing something and if I was even doing anything at all. Like ADHD when you walk through a door, but always.

1 Like

All I remember was you experimenting with freezing out chlorophyll.

1 Like

Did the pics I took if any look like my place now? There was only 1 other place I’ve made them, so if it was a different place it was in 2015-april2016 most likely

1 Like

No clue buddy, that was a long time ago and I’m getting old. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah. No worries. I have nothing but free time today. I’ll use it to find those posts

I didn’t find them yet, but whatever. I’m making another one now, so I thought I’d check to see my old results. The color is much lighter than I expected. I honestly was expecting a dark green instead of a almost neon green.

Lighter one on the right is the depletion batch. 2 runs and a squeeze until dry and not even a drop transferred to my hands.

I’m winterizing now. I have oil to dab ATM to hold me off while I decolorize the tincture a bit.
Thanks @PSam for helping me to remind myself of your video on that btw!:blush: I’ve used it successfully once before to turn a black oil into a Amber light oil with almost no loss. Just the spent unbleached coffee filters. If only a 66f room was cold enough to solidify chlorophyll :joy:

5 Likes

I opted to keep everything only using a filter to get the solids out while washing it with fresh EC190 to get anything else in it out. It’s in the plant room to evaporate in the dark well ventilated room.

6 Likes

Wow, fresh herb makes for some green dragon!

2 Likes

Yes it does. Such a vidid green too!:blush:
It seems to be already activated tbh or the live element is making any high I get later on very strong LoL. I barely have any and I’ll be set all day without smoking.

:man_facepalming:t2: well I have hash now instead of oil LoL. It finished evaporating 4 hours ago. I could probably salvage it, but I’ll just roll it into joints.

1 Like

Just finished up 3-4 grams of rosin bag reclaim in 15 ml of ethanol. This will be used to make a (potent) batch of cinnamon candies.

8 Likes

Everyone should have an edibles drawer.

12 Likes