Not Just Another Tincture Thread

@ReikoX do you need to decarb rosin or does the heat from the press decarb it? Thanks!

2 Likes

do you have a gummy recipe you recommend? I have a bottle of green dragon i made but the last time i tried to make gummies it turned into jello.

1 Like

Just dug into some of my most recent PG tincture. It was pretty loud… The skunk really came out curing.

FYI mixes nicely with a london fog ejuice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, you need to decarb rosin. The press isn’t hot and long enough to get the job done.

5 Likes

Sure, one package of regular jello (lime seems best), one package of gelatin, 1/2 cup of warm water and mix until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup of tincture (max), mix in well and spoon into your molds. Store gummies in a paper bag in the freezer.

The extra gelatin package stiffens them up nicely.

Sugar free jello does not work as well as it sweats in the freezer and the gummies develop a leathery surface.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

@ReikoX- do you know what’s the max amount of thc you can dissolve in a given amount of everclear? Like if you have an oz of everclear, you can dissolve up to x g’s of oil/shatter/rosin in that oz? I know theres a scientific term for this- saturation point?

8 Likes

I don’t know the limit, but it is a lot. I have personally dissolved up to three grams in an ounce of warm everclear for a recipe before. Im sure it would have held more, eventually it will become too viscous to continue.

9 Likes

I will be chopping two males soon and was wondering if male roots are also beneficial in topicals. Could not find anything with the search function, apologies if this has been asked before.

6 Likes

Yes, the roots of the male have the same alkaloids as the females. Its a great use for unwanted males.

7 Likes

Do you have any idea how long they will last? I collected a lot but left them in a bucket outside. Some have been there since last year or so. I always wondered if I could still get any thing out of them.

3 Likes

Not sure about stored outside, but I have stored mine in a plastic bag for around a year and it seemed to work.

4 Likes

I’ve done stem rubs a year after harvest and found the smell strong.
It is easier to chew up the stalks and roots when they are somewhat fresh but my wife swears by her topicals - she made them from 3 month dried out material.

A little goes a long way!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I usually have a fresh batch a couple of times a year or so. I’ll start bagging it for freezer. I’ve heard so much good stuff about it. My 82 year old neighbor ask me to make him a topical or give him some buds to put in his jar of linseed oil, heh. He said his mom who died 40 years ago always had the jar of it around. They were from Mexico originally. And, I have a few places I could use it on myself.

2 Likes

lot of great stuff here folks I need to go back and really dig in here as this is a subject I am really getting into thanks for sharing the knowledge eveybody

7 Likes

Iv been reading about tinctures and would like to start making some myself. Im hoping that you brilliant overgrowers could help me out. I don’t have a recipe for one yet nor how to use them.
I’m thinking decarbing some herb in the oven at 240 for 40 minutes and making live oil then use a gram of that per one fluid ounce of olive oil. I have no idea how much to use. Any recipes or tips out there? Thanks!

2 Likes
11 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX! That’s one hell of a thread! It answered everything I needed to know. You put a lot of work in that. I will definitely be reading that over a few times. I didn’t know that you could make a tincture without decarbing the bud

5 Likes

Ah, it’s almost winter… well, it is every night here, anyway, lol. It’s time to start making stuff. I’m gonna go down to the liquor store and grab a bottle or two of 42O Extractor by Mystic Mountain in Colorado. It’s cheaper than Everclear and much cleaner.

I have so much dry trim to use. I want to make some oil again. I like taking it at night. And, maybe a little wax to smoke.

8 Likes

I was looking at this recipe for a cannabis salve. I tried some (not this recipe) on my neck and it’s crazy how fast it helped. Does anyone have an opinion on this recipe or suggestions on how to make it? I have a bottle of everclear tincture. Does it make sense if I use a crockpot to heat up some coconut oil or something similar with the tincture to make the infused oil like you would when making cannabutter? after making the infused oil can I mix all of this in a double boiler to make the salve? That’s what was suggested to me but I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions anyone has.

salve recipe:

75 – 80ml infused oil
10g beeswax
10ml tincture
2 – 5 ml essential oil

4 Likes

Yeah that should work, very similar to the recipe I use in this thread. Its a good starting point anyway. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes