Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I made another batch, but this time with a twist. I used 1g reclaim, 4.85g oil, and a handful of lemon balm I did not scale😅 decarbed everything except for the lemon balm. Used a coffee filter to make sure reclaim and lemon balm don’t drop any particles in the tincture. Squeezed until every drop came out. As usual I mix it with the sugar rather than the gelatin at this stage as I don’t like what alcohol does to gelatin. I used a cup of MCT oil also not scaled sorry. 2.86g xanthan gum, 18g guar gum, 6 gelatin packets (Knox), 20g powdered pectin, 2 cups corn syrup, 500g sugar, fruit punch Kool aid flavor shot in each stage, watermelon super strength Flavor (8 droppers worth), and 2 tablespoons of produce saver from ball brand for canning.

It’s a lot of ingredients, but it’s effective in low dose finally. I worked out not needing to eat with it.

It’s finished and cooling down now. I’ll split it into 100 pieces and it should be around 45-50mg a marshmallow. :relieved:

6 Likes

@ReikoX, how would this work with dab concentrate?
Just dissolve it in 1 oz of EC, or is there other steps involved?

3 Likes

Who gets to lick the bowl?:smiley:

3 Likes

Oh I did happily like a child with their birthday cake batter :yum:

2 Likes

The oil I mentioned is dab concentrate. Shatter. My oven fluctuates, but it’s never lower than 210f and never higher than 250f. Once the bubbles stop I pull it out and stir in PGA (EC, graves, or any other 95% ethanol) and with the heat off when the solution I’m mixing in is no longer above 200f I stir in the tincture and stir until fully incorporated and then the alcohol is simmered off.

3 Likes

What are you trying to make with the tincture? If nothing and you want a tincture to dose with I’d reduce some of the alcohol down

2 Likes

I decarb it first, instructions are on one of the first few steps.

3 Likes

I am confused, the dab I have, if I take an amount the size of a grain of rice, I’m high. So, is it not already activated?

3 Likes

Did you take that dose orally? If so, it is likely decarbed already. Did you make it? Did you decarb it? I just assumed we were talking dispensary BHO/wax/shatter/rosin/etc.

3 Likes

I just looked more closely at the packaging and it is cannabis oil, not dab concentrate. The packaging is some what confusing.

4 Likes

Made some more gummies today, used CBD for the first time along with the green dragon in the squares batch. Got a new patient to test these out on who isn’t used to using cannabis but wants to because they’re starting chemo treatments.

Other times I made green dragon I used oil or trim, this batch was my first 100% buds. Both batches of gummies turned out pretty good.

9 Likes

I like the molds
I made gummies yesterday
Mine seem to be more like fruit rollups? Maybe im keeping them on the burner too long.
They are decent but not haribo quality
What was your recipe?

I posted this a month or so ago. The squares I double the green dragon and drop the juice to 1/3 cup. This batch I added 1/2 gram full spectrum cbd to as well. Makes 72 squares. The recipe below I follow when making the hearts- makes 30 hearts.

I still keep them in the fridge tho as I’ve had them melt. They definitely aren’t as hard as real gummy bears but I’m fine w that. Id imagine you could get them there w another gelatin packet but those are expensive so I just stick w 2.

7 Likes

Very cool …my recipe was very similar except for the kool aid and the juice… i used a quarter cup. Your method was much better!
Sorry im not great at navigating the long threads yet. Thanks for repost!

1 Like

Im gonna play around and see if i cannot get better at this, im adding beeswax and gelatin and maybe some other ingredients.

I read somewhere that, in order to get them harder and chewier like real gummy bears, you need to:

(in this example using a “gummy bear” mold)

1. remove from mold
  2. on a large tray, stand up “bears” and let them air out for 24-48 hours.
  3. after this period, lay “bear” on their back and repeat airing process

after this you can place in a bag or container and store in a cool place or in the refrigerator for longer lasting.

I haven’t tried this, but the only time I made any, they were too"jello-y" and got moldy in the fridge after about two weeks. Has anyone done this and does it work?

7 Likes

Mine go straight in the fridge, no airing them out. Theyre fine for a month+ without issues in the fridge

5 Likes

I let mine dry for 2-3 days. I live in the desert and that will usually be long enough. I’ve had them last a month at room temp without spoilage but they’re gone by that time. I use a bit of lime juice in mine so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

One thing I did find out is not to coat them with sugar until they have dried.

4 Likes

Honestly if you don’t have a problem with a preservative use the lorann mold inhibitor or if you know what you’re doing buy the straight stuff and mix your own version (not recommended)

As for dealing with using a larger volume of alcohol without making it boozy I found if you mix it with the sugar at around 150f and gently heat it it’ll transfer to the sugar mostly if not booze free. If you got the temp back up to 210f, then it should be completely booze free.

1 Like

Another thing I’ve found that works wonders is an immersion blender and guar gum. Guar gum adds a creamy texture if you whip them like marshmallows too. If you want them to be a gummy just slowly mix the bubbles out after emulsifying.

So the watermelon ones I made last if it’s not on here I’ll put down what I did as I managed to get a immediate effect one this time.

Edit: I did. I decarb at 250f, but it’s usually around 210-230f instead. I decarb until bubbles mostly stop and the smell changes to something like cart oil. I wash with ethanol and evaporate it in the warm sugar using the above method.

I also whip until it’s opaque and no suspended oils or colors are visible no Matter how close I look. I use the 5 stage whipping method. low(2) to incorporate until fairly even color with suspended parts, 3 to whip until mostly opaque, back down to 2 for 10 minutes, 4 for 8 minutes, and then lastly 18 minutes on 6(highest mine goes). For a deep color in marshmallows or whipped gummies you want the color an almost opaque black deep hue of that Color. The watermelon ones were a deep red that honestly looked completely black to the naked eye at first.

3 Likes