Not Just Another Tincture Thread

The Büchner funnel is definitely needed for larger batches IME. I usually strain through mesh strainer and clean that up with the lab filters and Büchner funnel.
:+1::seedling:

7 Likes

ooo my idea was I would use it to squeeze the last of the alcohol out of the buds when the batch is complete. The screen holds back the crud while I compress it.

Okay. Here is my dirty little secret… I distil the remaining alcohol out of the buds. :speak_no_evil:

10 Likes

Yep that Buchner is certainly a better option but for me I don’t really need a pump and labware lying around the house, works well for my purposes.

The aeropress for me is the less conspicuous. :+1:

1 Like

I’m still interested in figuring out how to make water soluble cbd. Here is a copy and paste from a supplier in my country:

extracted from North American industrial hemp, resulting in approximately 300mg of emulsified cannabinoid for every 1000mg of high bioavailability cannabinoids. It can easily be mixed with water, drinks or recipes. High bioavailability (100 µ) means that more CBD will end up in your system with faster absorption.

The ingredients show as Broad Spectrum CBD oil, MCT with emulsifier, erythritol, maltodextrin, glycine

Does anyone know anyone who knows how to make this stuff or somewhere I can read to figure out how? I couldn’t find anything in my search. I’m guessing the emulsifier or the glycine to be the mandatory ingredient(s) but no idea on weights or ratios.

1 Like

Hey @ReikoX I have a question about using the rice cooker as a double boiler. Do you just have a damp towel in the basin of the rice cooker, or do you have water in there as well? I made a batch of green dragon with already vaped bud, and would like to reduce it. This will be my first attempt at reduction.

3 Likes

Water too, the cloth is just to keep the jar from moving around while it boils. I often have to add more water to keep the rice cooker full.

5 Likes

Super excited to do my first attempt at Green Dragon this weekend. When I was young I was intimidated by the process but now that I’m old I think I can handle it lol. This thread is gold. Thank you ReikoX for taking the time to put this together.

6 Likes

I normally use a french press for my coffee…just ordered an AeroPress, delivering tomorrow in time for my go at Green Dragon. :smiley: I fukin love this place

8 Likes

Me too brother me too!

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

5 Likes

That’d be sister :smiley:

14 Likes

I guess us women should have girly names. Yours is a true statement of your life as is mine though. :woman:
:green_heart: :green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Hello!
Great shares and recipes!
I got through the first 100 posts !

I am wondering about this Tincture that I take.
From Ms.Envy
It’s a 1:1 thc To cbd

I believe its like a glycerol / vegetable oil tincture.it doesnt have a strong taste. And it takes about 1.5–3 hours to have a effect. I am was not looking for a buzz effect but , I found that I was bombed a couple times when I first got it from double dosing as it took so long . I figured My dose out later,
For lesser effects . It was comparable To edibles when i over used.

I didn’t take it in over a year so I dont know,If it was gone bad
. But the last time I took it, I got a horrid head ache…I can only assume it was from the tincture.

I can’t understand what the decarbing is doing by removing the compounds listed.

And would you assume it was done to the Ms.ENVY PRODUCts?

1 Like

I apologize, it’s, its 3:1. 300mg cbd : 100mg THC
Solvent free tincture?

What Am i ingesting?? Lol

5 Likes

Decarbing causes a chemical change. Basically THCa & CBDa convert into THC and CBD.

The extraction process has enormous effect on the final product.
So many people have found pure CBD isolate to be a waste of time but find great relief with full spectrum CBD extraction (probably related to the entourage effect).

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Good question, probably a glycerin/oil carrier.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I am familiar with the entourage effect…

So is it correct to say, this decarbing process Activates the THC AND CBD , allowing it to be consumed orally and receive desired effects, without the traditional flame or butter ?

Cheers

4 Likes

Essentially correct, the acid versions (THCa &CBDa) are converted, but that’s quibbling… :grin: you have the understanding of the process…

Now, whether or not you actually need to decarb CBDa is somewhat debated. I think the general consensus now is you do not need to (I haven’t convinced myself yet :laughing:)

My method is high proof alcohol extraction (full spectrum) and base conversion later if required. Base conversion being adding oil or butter and evaporating off the alcohol. I extract both for THC and CBD (separate extractions for different plants)

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Thanks,

Woah!
So …hmmmm…
It’s possible to ingest cannabis, without any in between chemical process, and you will just receive the CBD ? And you’re body can receive the intended effects of CBD?
My othee question , really sort of same, can you extract just one and not the other? E.g. extract CBD From dried flower .
?

I always wonders do how they make the tincture of just CBD, is It through a cbd strain ?

3 Likes

I am not convinced either. I will continue to decarb.

3 Likes