Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Thanks a lot. I’m looking to add this process to my medicinal skills. Very detailed easy to follow tutorial :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thanks again :peace_symbol:

@ReikoX this calculation is based on the fluid ounces at the start of the process correct?

Mine looks like this (I’m assuming only a 15% thc value as the flower is from a buddy and not the greatest quality, but good enough)

16 fluid ounces vodka and 28 grams weed

(.15 x 28,000 x .75)/473= 6.6 mg/ml.

Does that look right? I netted only about 7 FL oz ( I spilled an oz) of the finished GD.

9 Likes

i’ve been sitting on a bottle of everclear tincutre. Green dragon? so all i have to do is use a double boiler to reduce it to make RSO? or am i way off?

5 Likes

From my knowledge that’s exactly how you do it :+1: going to be trying to make some rso here this weekend :blush: @anonymous4289

3 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens
any idea how long RSO stays good?

2 Likes

Not really sure I’m guessing it’s pretty stable in that form my guess a couple years but not super knowledgeable on it just venturing into rso as it seems to really help my mom at night since she broke her back a couple of years ago @ReikoX may be able to tell you @anonymous4289

2 Likes

It’s an essential oil, so it can’t really go bad or rancid; it can oxidize over the course of a few years though, which’ll weaken the taste & smell (unlikely to bother anyone) and also slowly converts the THC to CBN. Eventually, it’ll be a soporific rather than psychoactive.

3 Likes

Hey @nefrella, if you ever did want to use a higher proof alcohol for your tincture check this company out https://42oextractor.com/. They ship their 190 proof ethanol to California. No idea why we can have this shipped to us, but can’t buy everclear. Shipping is expensive, but a gallon of this stuff lasts me forever!

3 Likes

No, it’s the final volume after reduction.

(0.15 x 28000 x 0.75) / 240 = 13.125 mg/ml

It looks fabulous BTW.

No, you ate 100% right.

Thanks Cormoran, you answered that question perfectly.

10 Likes

I have looked into it, as I am also in CA, and the price isn’t bad, but the shipping is a killer, almost the same amount as a gallon of the stuff costs, but I guess it will last a while.

@nefrella I don’t know where you are in CA, but PM me. I have a little water still that I have used and while I can’t get it to 95% I have gotten it close. I just get cheap vodka and run it through.

1 Like

Awesome!!! Thank you @Greasy

Wow you weren’t kidding about the shipping. Worth it for a gallon of 190 proof! Thanks again!!!

2 Likes

Bwuahahaha, that changes things a little. :rofl::joy::flushed::woozy_face:

Thanks for the help @ReikoX and all the information, so awesome!!!

3 Likes

my local grow shop started carrying this, I can
only imagine how much they are charging https://www.simplesolvents.com/store/p8/FCC-ETHANOL-PURE-200-PROOF.htm

1 Like

Wowza, that’s pricey for sure @laquiqa

Same in Michigan. I had to cross the boarder to get mine.

3 Likes

That 42O Extractor is a nice product and what I use for making oil/wax. It’s cheaper than Everclear here but it’s made just up the road.

I was reading one of the posts about getting a better color in your green dragon. If you do a short soak and only swirl it a but but no shaking, it’ll stay more golden. Make sure to use a strong solvent since you won’t be shaking.

Then, if you want to smoke it, I use a Pyrex casserole dish and pour it in that to let the alcohol evaporate. You can put it on a top shelf with cheesecloth over it and it’ll take a few days. Catch it before it dries hard and scrape it up with a razor blade or something similar, and then you can use a dab/whipping tool to whip the remainder of alcohol out of it and store it for smoking.

4 Likes

Well, this was awesome! Another win from @ReikoX . I used 4 oz gd (bwuahahahaha). Interestingly enough, I should’ve doubled the recipie I suppose. Ah well, learning curve. The watermelon flavor (sour added, of course) fantastic. I also added some of the tropical punch to the GD tincture, and it worked famously.

120 ml x 13mg = 1560 mg. Factor in 10% loss (candy stickage) you end up with 1400 mg. About 71 candies. So about 20 mg per candy. On the candy mold, there is a section a little discolored (marked up with red). The candy was melting so quickly, that was the result of a microwave zap to try to get the last drop. Didn’t notice much of a taste difference. :woman_shrugging:

I’ll never buy another edible as long as I have flower to make tinctures and candies…Thanks for all the sweet info!!

10 Likes

Is there a recipe posted for this? And what’s the best way to get it into the molds before it hardens?

2 Likes

Recipie is up at the start of this thread @newb2.0

As to getting it poured faster, I’m sure with practice I’ll get better. I bought a little pour cup for this reason. If I’d poured more consistently (instead of being in a hurry) they would’ve probably been fine.

Nordic Ware Micro Mix & Melt… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZNT6LB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

3 Likes

Nevermind, I found it early in the thread. @nefrella this the recipe you followed? This recipe yided 71 Candies w 4 Oz of green dragon?

2 Likes