Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Decarb’d 40 grams of blackberry fire last night and put in the freezer with 12 ounces of 190.
Straining with one coffee filter over the mesh screen. Super fast like 30 mins.

Should be done by mid-morning. I will add 1/2 tsp of avocado oil and 5 drops of wedding cake terps and infuse it at 200 degrees for 30 mins.

8 Likes

How many MG are those capsules?

1 Like

.8 or.9 ml , somewhere around there. They are size 00 capsules.

4 Likes

40 grams of Blackberry Fire buds and 12 ounces of 190. 1/2 tsp of avocado oil and 5 drops of wedding cake terps. Returned 6 1/2 ML of dark magic.

7 Likes

I ended up getting about 15ml from my batch after cutting with a little over 1tsp coconut MCT oil. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Right on man :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: I find smaller batches seem to be more manageable. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I think I’d have to agree.

2 Likes

When you decarb the flower in the oven then freeze it and add the ice cold 190. It breaks down immediately.

3 Likes

So, you only let it stand for 5 minutes in the freezer, huh?

so i been making gummies recently and trying to fine tune dosages do any of you edible makers know how i can figure out how many milligrams of thc each gummy has ?

1 Like

Do you know the thc percentage of the material you use, before extraction?

1 Like

no but i can always guesstimate based on potency ? i would say last batch of cowboy cookies was at least 20%

You just weigh the amount of concentrate you’re putting in and divide by the number of gummies, I’d think…

1 Like

so if i had 28 grams of bud decarbed into 2 cups coconut oil is there a way to figure out the strength of the coconut oil and then divide what i use by how many gummies ?

takes me awhile to figure out math unfortunetly

2 Likes

Oh. I figured you were using a pure concentrate, but I don’t make gummies so I’m not up to speed on the recipe. If you’re just extracting directly by decarbing bud in oil, it’s pretty much a guesstimate. You don’t know the % of the strain and you don’t know the efficiency of the process… or at least I don’t. I’d guess it’s probably about 50-70% efficiency at best, though. If the strain’s 20% and the process is halfway between, 60% efficient, then you’d be getting about 12% output of 28000 mg, or ~3360 mg.

3 Likes

thank u for helping and giving me a guide i will head off to google and do my best to figure it out eventually

2 Likes

To what @Cormoran said, here is an extraction formula you can use. I already plugged in your variables.

(Thc% x mg x efficiency)/ml = mg/ml

Ex.
1 ounce = 28 gr. = 28000 mg
Efficiency = 70%
Total volume = 16 oz. or 480 ml
THC = 20%

(0.20 x 28000 x 0.70)/480 = 8.17 mg/ml

3 Likes

i think i had a mini stroke reading that. my grade 9 math skills need some fine tuning

i really appreciate the help just need help now to decipher it lol

2 Likes

That’s why I used your data in the example to illustrate how the formula works. If you half the oil, that will double your mg/ml to 16.34. If you decarb one ounce, your herb will weigh less an ounce due to moisture loss, so adjust accordingly.

1 Like

ok thank u i will keep trying to educate myself until it all makes sense and sticks appreciate you guys

1 Like