Not Just Another Tincture Thread

OK, so, I ordered 20 liters of 180 alcohol and grabbed the worst looking pound of flowers. I am going to translate @ReikoX magic recipe to Spanish for my Mexican friends and we are gonna try it!!! A lot of people ask for this here believe it or not. Wish me luck!!!

9 Likes

Good luck, I suggest you try a small test batch just to get the feel of it before doing a whole pound. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Hey @Viva_Mexico I did an ounce

Wasn’t strong enough so I had to reduce further,

Even if you use too much everclear you can always reduce it more.

2 Likes

The wife of a good friend emailed me Friday to thank me for the Green Dragon for the sleep it brings.

I must turn to our host on this thread and say thank you @Reikox!

10 Likes

LOL 20 liters will do a LOT more than 1 pound :smiley:
Hope it works as well for you as for the rest of us who have tried it.

2 Likes

Question,

Will any 95 % alcohol work? Ex, tequila from the distiller?

Or only ever clear? (Grain)

I can get the 95 tequila cheap

4 Likes

Good question.

Is the tequila clear or does it have color?

If it is alcohol, it will dissolve the oil in the trichomes.

3 Likes

I read above that it needed to be a polar solvent for less chlorophyll, not sure if this is polar ir not.

As far as I know, any ‘drinking’ alcohol is the same stuff - no matter if its made from grain or sour mash or potatoes. There are added chemicals/ingredients that effect the flavor, but its the same basic stuff.

Is it 95 proof or 95%? There is a huge difference in strength. 95 proof is only around 45% alcohol. 95% = 190 proof. Ever Clear is 190 proof/95% alcohol.

4 Likes

95% from a large distiller here close. 190 proof.

5 Likes

Chlorophyll isn’t extracted by the alcohol, it’s extracted by the water impurities in the solution.
This is why freezing everything (locking up the water) gets a cleaner wash.

4 Likes

That should do nicely. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes by all means use the tequila it’s all ethanol 95% ethanol. It might have a slightly different taste, but I doubt it would be noticeable or unpleasant.

7 Likes

One small detail - I would recommend you filter out the worms… just sayin…or at least tell everyone you did :smiley:

4 Likes

@Viva_Mexico The tequila at that percentage will work no problem as like other have said its just ethanol. Especially at 95.6% as you techincally can’t get more pure without chemical drying.

Really any high proof alcohol will work, whether rum, grain, tequila, or whatever its all ethanol.

5 Likes

@ReikoX this is one of the most entertaining, useful and edifying threads that I have ever had the pleasure of reading…anywhere…anytime!

Bravo and major kudos!
Exemplary work!
Very well done!
Sincere thanks.

10 Likes

Me too!!!

3 Likes

I’m still laughing :laughing:

“Gee @anon32470837, you really got a lot out of that last press. What’s in it?” :laughing:

2 Likes

This is not sold here.

1 Like

You can work with lower proof alcohol and there are some methods to reduce the amount of chlorophyll that will result from the lower alcohol content and the process needed to extract to medicine here.

Have you considered some form of water or ice extraction of the trichomes and cooking with that material?

PS

The Muleskinner was able to find a distributor out of Maine I think who sold Culinary Solvent, and as such, could ship to all 50 states.

2 Likes