Not so.much a coop but I'm starting island sweet skunk

Yes. I made a goofy mistake and almost killed my seedlings…I had a drop light over them and I always keep 30 watt cfls in the drop lights…almost always
Two of the babies looked curled up and sick and I couldn’t imagine why. I thought they were about to drop dead from root rot or dampoff…but they just kept hangin…and not growing. The others were stretching and spreading their "true leaves "
Tonight I looked and realized the drop.light had a 60 watt LED bulb right over thoese two twisted leaf babies!
I changed it out for two 35 watt cfls and lifted them about 6 inches over the tallest seedling

7 Likes

Lol… another iss… this will be interesting to see the difference!!

2 Likes

Not yet. But I think I have some feminized seeds coming down the pike. About another month or so.

5 Likes

Wow that sweet island skunk sounds amazing don’t think I ever had skunk before, have to try to get me some seeds somewhere and try it,

This is not your typical skunk though.
I understand Island. It was originated I believe in Vancouver BC.
I don’t understand the Sweet part. It has no sweet taste. Maybe a little on the smell.
And I find it to be non Skunk. Just good.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info on it, didn’t know about the skunk part, but still sounds amazing

1 Like

I have a couple with a crinkle leaf thing going on. I’m not sure what’s up.with that. I’m running them in new Happy frog soil with a little extra perlite mixed in and using mega crop one solution for all nutrients. I haven’t given them any cal mag yet. My well water is high jn calcium and magnesium. I icheck.my ppm after.putting mega crop in the water. Water is about 330 with no nutrients added. I added a half.of regular size dose of mega crop and it ran about 660. I water twice since going in the new 2liter pots.and under the tent. I started the light as low setting as possible and have gradually moved it up.to 25% and kept it high in the tent.

14 Likes

Hell yeah a real classic, can’t wait the show.

here to watch and see what comes of the phenos. good luck

1 Like

Sounds fun. I’ve seen several people growing this strain recently, so it must be good. Best of luck!

Not sure what the fk is going one it looks like nite burn and I used very little.mega crop. It was at a 660 ppm.
Also the crinkle leaf thing is continuing
I just gave them straight well water today

11 Likes

Ok sorry no photos
I have had a lot
Problems
I had to run to.missouri
They didn’t get watered well
Then I took them outside and sat them by the tomato plant I bought at lowes
I think they got mites
Then we had a storm and power.went off and fked.my timer
Then it got too.cool in there…as heater was off
I.will try to show.photos.later…
They look like shit.

4 Likes

Well what I’m trying to figure out with the grow and suspect ur plants are too is
Are u doing an organic grow or a synthetic salts grow? Ur using an organic soil but trying to give synthetics. Those two don’t play together cuz ph absorbtion requirements and likely locking out the plant, soilless(coir) with nutes sweet spot is 5.6-6.2, soil organics is 6.2 to 6.5

Soil organics typically gets microbe charges and compost teas or top dressings of dry organic materials, trying to throw synthetics at it and ur just salting the hell out of your soil and creating lock out conditions. U wanna correct it then flush the fuck out of ur soil, leave it 15 mins for the salts to dissolve and blast it again.

Get an air pump and a bucket throw some earthworm castings in it(1/4 cup per gallon), 1/2 tablespoon of molasses per gallon and let it bubble for 24-36 hours then do ur flush and immediately feed it this, it should help balance ur ph back out for organics and provide an immediate soluable nutrition the plant can absorb without risk of burn AND it will start to repair the microbe colonies in your soil from the build up of salts

3 Likes

I just grow in happy frog foxfarm and use mega crop.which is supposed to have active microbes and self buffering.
I wanted to go.organic for.some.time and 'ave a worm farm. Maybe I will pull them out and move em out to.my greenshed and change soil.

1 Like

Damn ur pretty much already halfway there, u wanna go completely organic then an air pump is the answer for sure, those worms gonna be ur fav helpers and can recycle fan leaves back to em. Here’s the recipes I use as a backbone, extremely balanced and plants always turn out beautiful, hope it can help u out too! bc26e4a8bf2f2f93fbed02a122eb3f2d1105045e_2_375x500 f2b6f38fefef7914c30b895b300faf18eb273a45_2_375x500 e95ed026b663bd75bb25341e3db47978d98c93a5_2_375x500

Feel free to check out any of my threads on here, what u see is what to expect with the recipes, I even got one on building a great soil for way cheaper than FF

2 Likes

I have most of that stuff but no dry fertilizer or bat Guan.
So i.can get some fresh casting and use my aquarium pump.to.make a tea and hit it with that?
I.will spray them down with neemoil first then try the tea. Do I need to add a little of the big bloom.or “kelp me kelp you”.?

If u don’t have it, don’t stress it for now. Tractor supply does carry bat guano in Dr earth brand as fyi, not sure if ur by one. I wouldn’t use Neem oil, just go straight for the tea. Cayenne pepper is great to dust top layer of soil with for organic pest control. Those are 3 recipes depending on the cycle they are in, if they are in veg still Id hold off on big bloom till doing ur first flower recipe a week before flip. I wouldn’t use the kelp me kelp u, ingredients show more copper and zinc salts, that’s what we need to back off with. I’d look for kelp meal and the soluable kelp which I’ve found cheapest at redbud soil company, call the company and tell em ur a new customer wanting to check em out and they will give u a discount code for check out

The Hume’s I make myself buying the 3 ingredients of humic acid, yucca, and soluable kelp in equal parts

You can do full blown recipes like this or u can keep is simple of just castings and molasses, both are gonna have success. But I’ve found happier plants when I did it all.

Blender from goodwill makes some things cheaper like alfalfa meal Is just blendered alfalfa whether u buy a bag of cubes or a bale doesn’t make a difference throw it in the blender and u have alfalfa meal

Oyster shell I also throw in a blender so I can go cheaper on a big bag at tractor supply for 10 bucks

3 Likes

Here you can see the taco from getting too cold?
And the dots that.look.like mite infestation

1 Like

I flushed the plants with well water yesterday

7 Likes

Those look much better than I was imagining! Def some serious yellowing on the new growth, I think a compost tea and a week and they should snap back into action

2 Likes