Nutrients... CANNA Vs. Blue Planet Vs Heavy 16

Been using Advanced Nutrients for god knows how long, but this last grow i think i’m wanting to go with another brand, mostly due to cost for Advanced Nutrients, and just to test the waters to see what else is out there. I’m leaning towards CANNA, but would like to see what the community would recommend.

1 Like

I have grown using Advanced, House & Garden, and CANNA. I have also smoked all the flowers from these nutrients. That being said, I use CANNA as my go to when I run out of supersoil (recently moved and didn’t have time to mix a batch up). You can check out my latest grow using CANNA here: The Secret

One of the things I like about CANNA vs Advanced is the low number of diff nutes needed, and yields are comparable.

A & B
Rhizo
Cannazyme
PK 13/14
Boost - Optional and highly debated (I use it)

Cal-Mag
Silica

I can’t speak on Blue Planet from experience but after seeing them on the Weed Nerd Live they know their stuff, might be worth a shot. ;]

Hope that helps, good luck with whatever you choose!

2 Likes

Canna line all the way. Use canna coco too! Might aswell do ebb and flow like vader!! Ive never used synthetic nutes but ive seen vader use it for several years with incredible results

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong running Canna A+B with Canna coco. I’d also add the Canna PK 13-14, and Cannazym.

I would use Miracle grow before id get any advanced nutrients again.

I never had any problems with AN, why do you dislike it? The only reason i’m jumping ship is really do to cost and i’m going through a rough time right now financially…

Advanced Nutients About killed my plants, iv grown a lot of plants hydro but they started turning white within a couple days.
I could not get anything close but PH perfect grow A and B, used it , my plants would have died in a week. dont know if I got bad jugs but it was fast. Dumped out the advance nutes and got them happy again with water and liquid miracle grow till I could make a trip to get some jugs of good nutrients.

Earth Juice sugar peak series one part solutions veg and bloom rocks, some bat diarrhea and shit went great.

Now that was years back and iv done a lot more chemistry since then and I will not buy some premixed crap, I can brew up my own salt based or organic solutions dirt cheap…

jacks hydroponic 5-12-26 and jacks 15-0-0 calcium nitrate for salt based nutrients.

Organic is just compost tea, fish emulsion, liquid seaweed, blood meal and Epson salts.

Save a lot of money brewing your own,it adds up into good savings quick.

Did you happen to buy from ebay, or did you buy from a trusted source? few year back there were some sellers selling fake Advanced Nutients products on ebay. A friend of mine bought big bud on ebay and it totally killed his plants. He brought me the liter of big bud and it wasn’t the right color, and had a different smell… it smelt like alcohol with black food coloring…

Do you feed your plants Cal-mag and silica on the same day or cal-mag on feeding and silica the next or so fourth.

I use AN but a buddy highly recommends Humboldt nutrients. He swears they’re hands down the best on the market

I use mills nute but haven’t tried anything else out yet. Have good success so for with mills.

Mills pays the bills?