Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

Would be wicked cool however…

2 Likes

2nd that, i only use the Mist, and only on young plants, seedlings n cuts n young clones. Plant love it here

1 Like

I considered that but since each strain is only a percentage of the overall plant I was trying to figure out if chopping a strain at a time would stress it enough to kill it or not.

3 Likes

It should be good I saw a video where this guy flowered four of his bass mom plants that had 12 strains on it each . He picked everything at 10 weeks but he said it was obvious that some needed more time.

7 Likes

Pushing the fall feed will help them finish closer to each other ( within reason )
: )

3 Likes

Be like incrementally harvesting, take what’s ripe and leave the rest… maybe, lol!

3 Likes

Mac is too good it knocked me out
3 hours later Damn

2 Likes

Wow how nice it is to hear from good people

I reached out to Copa genetics yesterday they got back to me very fast and we’ve chatted on ig . he was very friendly and gave me some good insight on his gear!

Now don’t you know everything I got growing of there’s he recommended for out doors lol so they may be a bit finicky and they could get big lol really big !

Recently I was looking at there icy grape and crazy bitch ( I believe it was named after my wife don’t know how he ever met her ) lol :joy: and he recommended then highly for indoors

Paps

9 Likes

The babies are looking good

I’m about to put 3 plants into flower in the small tent to get a head start

Killer cookie San
Frankenstein. Johnny pot seed
Max 1 capulator ( gifted from a friend )
The c99 and the greases pieces cut I want to get bigger

Baklava fem seed from the plug is very healthy and I think I’ll transfer her to a mini Octopot

That’s all folks

26 Likes

You have some nice stuff there @Papalag.

Have a bit of room for a few testers?

2 Likes

Next run definitely :+1:

1 Like

I have some different flavors of Copa

1 Like

Hi all smoken some geese’s pieces x Tropicana cookies x cw from Ill eagle seeds our friend @stanknugzz77
So glad I kept cuts ! oh yeah and the mrs likes it so it’s a double win!

Ok now , the mom plant with all attached cuts on her , all cuts are standing and I unwrapped a few of the grafted stems and they are solid and healed over !

I started to harden the plant ! I am taking the dome off each day for 10 to 20 minutes or as soon as they look like they need the dome again ,they get droopy ! They perk back up once the dome is replaced and a bit of a spray .
I took cut’s just Incase the main mom failed . I don’t believe she will but it was a perfect time to show my helper how to clone !

All new cuts are thriving and get sprayed each day

Here’s a picture of the 3 I just put in the small tent and flipped to 12/12
C99
Mac1
Frankenstein

Fed every one today , easy , all the same feed for now , just lowered the ppms for the little ones

Ppm between 700 and 860 includes tap water at 220 ppm

Ph set at 6.1

I’ll up pot the baklava( fem seed from the plug ) tonight her roots are peeking out the bottom

I have a banana cross of theirs I’ll try next run

I up potted baklava to the large octopot used about 6 gallon’s of pro mix bx and added perlite to it .
And I figured I’d show how to fill the octopot so here goes
Basic components

Soil mix , before adding perlite it’s best to rinse it . I use my hash work bag and rinse it in the yard .
Check what is left on the floor before I rinsed it out

Mixed and ready to fill the bag

Make sure bag is set right I use an empty 5 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out for support and the clips hold it in place . If you want to have the bag stand straight you must support the side by firmly packing the dirt but not too firm , also the center of the net pot needs to be firmly packed . Don’t try to fill the bag all the way then pack it down do it in stages for best results
Remember firm but not too firm

Once filled , the hole where the plant will go use @Jetdro tubo method before transferring the new plant .
Use 1/2 gallon of you feed / water mix I added rhizsitonic for root development and ph’ed to 6.2 . then pour it only down the hole only not around the whole surface.The roots tend to follow the path of the water directly down to the reservoir. That’s why it’s important not to allow the roots to curl, but if they do they can be pruned for better development.
And here she is Baklava

Well hope you enjoyed the show so far

I have a feeling it’s going to be crowded in there oh well more plants more fun

Paps

28 Likes

The Crazy Bitch I grew indoors were really nice plants. A little spacier than I like when I chopped it, but cleaned up a bit after some jar time. Smelled and tasted great too. The only pack of seeds I have bought twice. Do you already have some? If you don’t, you should pick some up soon, my understanding is that what is out there now is the last of what will be made available. And I’ve never grown it, but a guy around me has a stellar Icy Grape cut, grows indoors.

I’ve also grown the project 25 indoors, it was not happy at all haha.

2 Likes

I imagine she got crowded in there

I can see the secret 25 is big for there age

Oh boy here we go

1 Like

i apologize if this has been gone over many times before but can you explain why germinating directly into the octos/micros is advised against? i have assumptions ive made about lateral root development in early stages but thats about it.
from what i can tell the long single taproot could maybe be beneficial to keeping pure sativas from stretching before they do their inevitable stretch but id rather hear it from someone who has worked with the octos from early days.
i appreciate you and jet taking that leap and have tried to not bother you with dumb q’s so feel free to tell me to figure it out myself lol.

2 Likes

I’ve done both but I just fine it easier to deal with when I start them in solo cups . Survival rate is better

Just make sure you transplant before the root start to circle at the bottom of the solo cup

Even then you can break up the roots a bit ( gently course) before transplanting

I transplant 6 week old plants into Octopots with no issues at all . I just root prune before i plant it , it works just fine .

Roots seem to make it to the reservoir with out a problem

Always when first planting in the Octopot keep the water level low ! It forces the roots to travel downward

Jets turbo method really works well the roots hit the reservoir much quicker

And no apologies needed ask anything no issues we like to help
Weeds my favorite subject lol

16 Likes

Oh the babies and no so baby anymore

Orange tart all 4 are showing sex still too young for some to tell but I believe 2 males and 1 female and one not sure

1 afghan is a boy the other 2 are still too young

So now it starts

Woo hoo

8 Likes

Really the big thing was that they wanted to flower way sooner than I wanted them to. I tend to veg on 18/6 or 16/8, don’t remember which I was using at the time, but as soon as the roots were constricted at all, they started to pre flower hard, if that makes sense. They did everything but autoflower. Maybe with 24hr veg light , or being in a bigger pot or an air pot they would have behaved better, idk.

2 Likes

@potpotpot
Some strains i’ve noticed if kept in a small pot for a great deal of time tend to push into flower. It’s some sort of built-in genetics. that’s what led me to learn about root pruning.
I keep moms in very small pots less than a gallon. The root pruning keeps this from happening imho

6 Likes