Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

bout damn time huh!!! Hope you get ICC too EVERYONE loves the ICC it appears, lol !

4 Likes

They seem to be lazy lol
:joy: like :+1: me

4 Likes

Lovely plants!

2 Likes

Ok don’t get me wrong I love promix
But I need a project lol keeps an old man busy

I saw a bag of Peat-moss 2.2 cubic feet 14.99
No additives at all
So if I buy 2 bags = 4.4 cubic feet $ 30.00
Add a large bag of course perlite $25.00
And add endo mycro 15.00
Total 70.00 usd

For 4.4 cubic feet of medium this would be enough for 1 round

If I go with pro mix hp 3 .cubic feet 75.00
And I’ll need to buy 2 just to do a run
Ok I’ll have left overs but
I need a project and it’s not the money as much as
Can I make it better lol :joy:
So not to make super soil but a medium that mimics pro mix I was thinking of adding dolomite lines to help control pH
Anybody wants to chime in please do

10 Likes

That will work just fine , inert media is just inert media.

I recycle my soil 100%. Still using soil from 10 years ago , lol

5 Likes

Maybe mix it half and half with ProMix to start? Would be interesting to see side-by-side though too… :thinking: Been using ProMix HP with a little additional coarse perlite and it has been nice in the octopots. Maybe just a sprinkle of Osmocote when I mix it up and plants seem to be very happy but everyone has their own mix and methods to the madness :wink:

1 Like

I also reuse it but I want one mix for a full run so the one can dry out as they other is being used

Last run I just emptied my bags and took roots out and immediately reused it !

So I plan on storing in totes till needed for the next run

I don’t want any fertilizer in it at all because of the way we feed our plants :seedling:
We give it what it needs when it need it
Simple sweet and easy

4 Likes

I know I know…old habits from other grows :crazy_face:…but you are 100% correct IMO that we can just feed them what they need from the res. They sure do grow well in them octos. Love it.

1 Like

@Mr.greenbee

F as f is a beast
Make sure you give her some training because she goes BOOM :boom:

She took over 35inch by 25 inch space

16 Likes

Just a couple of notes. Often those bales of peat are compressed, and will take up a larger volume once hydrated and fluffed up.

If you want to make Pro Mix, you need to add ag lime (or oyster shell flour) to the peat moss. 1 cup per cubic foot. Peat is very acidic, this will buffer it.

Finally peat is hydrophobic when dry, so using a wetting agent when rehydrating the bales. Something like quillaja, yucca, soap nuts, or aloe will help evenly moisten the media.

15 Likes

ICC

We have roots and now in solo cup

5 Likes

Gonna LOVE her :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I may run a small cut in a 1 gallon pot when I flower the Chuckys Bride just to get a sample lol

3 Likes

Great :+1: i thought I needed something for acidity I remember reading that Peat is very acidic
I did my thought was the dolomite limes might handle that[quote=“ReikoX, post:995, topic:114060”]
Finally peat is hydrophobic when dry, so using a wetting agent when rehydrating the bales. Something like quillaja, yucca, soap nuts, or aloe will help evenly moisten the media.
[/quote]

Good to know Ty [quote=“ReikoX, post:995, topic:114060”]
mpressed, and will take up a larger volume once hydrated and fluffed up.
[/quote]

Normally 1 bale of pro mix is like 3 cf i normally need a 1/4 bale more for my run

So mixing 2 each 2.2 cubic feet should give me what I need

If I mix it now it’ll be ready for me next run

And it’ll have time to cook lol

So

1 cup per cubic foot of
Ag lime or crab shell flour plus
Mycorrhizae
Perlite 25% of overall volume

Paps

13 Likes

That’s pretty much Pro Mix. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

I have faf right in the middle. She is spreading out big time. Luckily I only have one in this grow

1 Like

Wassup buddy!! Check out who has signs of a growers life going on again!! This time in a room instead of basement … in a tent still… may drop tent later idk… but woooooohooooo it’s on buddy!!

10 Likes

It’s about time woo hoo

3 Likes

Finally all caught up, damn is it ever had to stay up to date with all the threads here (even if I have them followed)

Things are looking like a jungle in there, gonna start to get exciting pretty soon. Interested to see how everything turns out. Tons of variety. Sucks about the ICC but I’m sure you can get her again sometime.

A bunch of people have already said so I will just add my +1 for an Apera pH 60 (or just the brand in general). Has been my fav pH meter I have owned and it is pretty cheap. I used to have a bluelab combo meter and I had to replace many probes and the thing was always a pain in the ass to me. I had the leap probe and everything too. Their customer service was good though I will say but still. I only use the EC meter part of it now and have completely disconnected the pH part.

Another +1 on needing something like lime if you’re gonna be mixing your own peat moss. The cheaper stuff doesn’t have anything added and you wouldn’t be able to grow anything it it other than acid loving plants, maybe blueberries or something.

Crazy how much more expensive it is down there. Finally something I pay less for than you guys in the states :stuck_out_tongue: I got my last 2 bales for around 30 usd ea. I’m trying out the HP CC one this time and it sucks it’s not more widely avail. I think the place I got it from is already sold out for the year. Wish I go more.

7 Likes

Day 13 of flip
Can’t get at anything to take separate pics so

Over head in the dark
Right side

Left side

Cay O Hueso
Cuban blood haze x sawa

Amnesia bx by @mndlss she’s sure a tall Christmas try style for sure
Stacking nicely
Hay @Toker1 your going to love her

Froot Loops @santero this one I topped
Beautiful plant

Beast coast sour diesel @stanknugzz77

I fimmed this one I really should’ve given her more time in veg and the top you can’t see it to well but there’s 6 actually buds on top
It’ll be fun to see what she does

Really can’t move around in here
Way too crowded

And it’s growing lol
Paps

30 Likes