OG Kush - The Original Genetics

Thanks Def not tks1s tho. Unless alot of well known folks have been breeding with tks1s lol. Being they are related and the 92 and tk are supposed to be sisters then that would seem plausible

2 Likes

I was looking into using the 2ft agromax pure uv t5s In flower to supplement the UV missing from the growers choice leds I run. Growers choice also makes uv bars that have uvb and ir in them so may go with those aswell.

2 Likes

Ah I could believe she’s TK’s sister. I’ve not had her in my hands nor flower to try to know any better, but she looks the part for sure.

Triangle Kush

But yeah that’s basically what I’m saying, whether they know it or not but who knows for sure :man_shrugging:

Regardless, like you said, they’re all related somehow :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

Seedfinders - a good read about OG Kush - great reference tool also

I know the sfv cut and 92og I have, have both been held by the crew they came from longer than csi tks1s have been available

4 Likes

Oh i’m not saying they came from CSI at all. Most the OG cuts came from bag seed…

5 Likes

Forsure, I think they all did. Atleast from the info I’ve gathering chatting with orginstk, nspecta and others :love_you_gesture::facepunch:

2 Likes

Sheesh!!! :fire: that is some true dreamy Og right there! Props to you, I can almost feel like I’m smellin the og through the pic!

1 Like

I scooped some of the 92 Og and TK when origins was at piffcon

1 Like

It’s interesting because the ghost og and 92og are drastically different plants.
The ghost is much stretchier with more spacing between the buds and a different smell and taste profile.
@killabeez as far as I can trace it back the 92og was originally also called the Hollywood hills cut and made its way to Colorado with one of the original kush crew, it was renamed lakush then coal creek kush and I’ve only seen a handful of people with her.
I’m curious what yours smells like while in flower ?

6 Likes

Mine smell like pungent earthy og gas, really funky. I know alot of folks that have the cut I have don’t smell any lemon. But my last run with some Gaia green organics involved, I swear I get notes of a lime in the background. Mine is the same cut that ChunkyPigs pocketfulofstank hold. It came from their circle. I also know orgins said joshd keeps his ghost, and joshdog aka original og cuts separate and that they are different. He also said he got Josh’s og cut and this 92og cut and at the time hadn’t ran them side by side. But in different facilities and thought maybe Suttle differences. He said both cuts came the 92 and Josh both came from guys that said they got them from his friend Alec that either popped the seeds or was close to the person who did.

1 Like

That’s awesome. He seems like a really nice guy. I have a tk cut that came 2nd hand from him. How was his flower. The joshd og flower grown by joshdfarms I bought in a dispo in ohio, smelled good when I first cracked the jar…but tasted like rockwool and when u smelled it really close you could smell it. I couldn’t even smoke it. I’m really sensitive to foreign tastes and smells In Flower tho.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve talked with him in depth about it and it can be really hard to tell who has what with out actually meeting up and smoking some samples.
There are a lot of different thoughts on it all , I have a verified ghost og and 92og and would love to grow them side be side with the triangle and joshes cut to compare but unless they came from those guys directly I’d have trouble trusting there legitimacy.
Those guys all lost these plants at one time or another and had to get them back from people they had trusted to hold onto back ups. Orgnkids ghost cut is what he was originally given as og kush but I have grown 2 other cuts labeled as ghost og and they were not the same, one was very bland and worthless the other was very similar to the legit ghost but got slightly bigger nugs and had hints of chocolate in the background instead of lemon/floor cleaner. Maybe what josh got as ghost og is not the same as what was originally called ghost og.
The 92 and how it got to Colorado originally is a interesting subject also considering I’ve read different stories from the same person about how he got it and made Bruce banner with it…

10 Likes

Love your knowledge of these strains @Heritagefarms

1 Like

The flower was not a very recent batch which is what he said and it’s all in Mylars so by the time I was home from the city there was forsure not much smell but I jarred em in small mason jars for a week or so and some smell was there but the smoke was awesome. I enjoyed the high of both of em I hope to be able to try a fresh batch of it one day. It really did bring me back tho, im from the same area in Florida. I’ve never grown any true cuts like this but was smoking the best we could find which was stuff like this. Loved the smoke, and the classic look. I don’t really see kush like this in upstate New York where I’m at now.

3 Likes

This sound at all accurate? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The original 92og ( coal creek kush ) was in Colorado much earlier then that, the bank released beans under that name and that’s part of the reason there is some confusion around the moniker. Adam Dunn released a copy called cold creek kush which contributed to the mess, as he normally does,
Just like josh used to call his cut joshd but after the karma collaboration he know calls it ogks sense there are beans that were put out called josh d og.
There are dated references to it on icmag older then that also so the bank most definitely did not come up with that moniker.
It went from los Angela’s to a guy named mark then to Jason from dark horse genetics, once it entered a commercial grow some snips started to sneak out and made there way into the hands of a few people. That grow/club was purchased and taken over by cookies and they probably trashed every cut in the building to make room for there new hyped strains.
Some have the actual cut known as 92og some have cuts from plants grown from the 92og beans.
Just like some may have josh d but most have something that was grown from the karma collaboration and then called josh d because that’s what the pack said on it. There has bean renames, copies and fakes sense day one so it becomes hard to know what or who to believe.

10 Likes

Weird Josh D picked that name for the Karma pack when Karma didn’t like it, but let Josh choose the name. Then he had to change the name of his strain? Haha. Stuff is all a bunch of who knows. Smoke the flower and if it’s great flower keep it around. The name and provenance game is out of control these days. We still consume this stuff to get high, right? We all trying to be wine snobs now?

7 Likes

He did not have to change the name but decided to , there are very few things in life we have to do.
I do agree if you have a cut you like I’d recommend keeping it because your chances of finding it again amongst the sea of confusion is slim to none.

4 Likes

I’m just trying to hunt the lineage. Weednerd and all here :nerd_face: If it’s truly TK’s Sister it should be similarly complex and have a similar potency and I’d want to check it out personally. If it’s just a hunted OG kush cut then I won’t bother with it.

3 Likes