OG love grow

your plants are looking good. you take nice pics as well.

1 Like

I am not having much luck. Out of all the @MadScientist seeds I got, 3 Pure Kush fem & 3 Chemdawg auto and from @Pedro_Bann 18. Of this I have 3 female they are auto but don’t know which. I had 2 more sprout. This surprised me as 5 of the last 9-2 had a little tap root and three cracked.
I dropped 3 AutoDinaFem Moby Dick and 3 of @OleReynard MED V2. I have to figure out why I am losing seedling. I never had trouble with seedling or germination before.
Out of 30+ seeds I have five females, 2 in veg and 3 in flower.
I will keep on keeping on. :smile:
:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

We’re here…
Whats your procedure?

1 Like

The seed from @MadScientist from 2 yrs ago, I scuffed first…

1. I place seeds in folic 35mm per gallon water 24 hours.
  2. puck/root routers in the same for same time.
  3. than placed in wham cloths also soaked overnight in same for 24 hours.
  4. I put the cracked & roots showing in the pucks
  5. If not either, I leave for another 24 hours. Than all go in pucks.
  6. When sprouted and roots peaking they go into cups.
  7. If top soil dries I mist with plain water. The RR dry fast and the pucks hold water.
    All the above are in a domed tray on a heat pad at between 80-85 degrees and 70-90% RH, I have issues keeping RH steady as If a humidifier goes dry in drops to the 20’s with in minutes. That happened once to the 5 seedling. They are also under a 2’ T5.

The seeds in the pucks are the MS ones the cracked and didn't sprout. The ones covered are the 3 AutoDinaFem Moby Dick and 3 of @OleReynard MED V2.

I moved the 1 BG that is still alive, the little one and the 2 of MMH to the big kid tent. They are under 2-2’ T-5’s. I usually keep them in the upstairs bathroom until sex results come and put into 3gal.

8 Likes

Here’s mine

Shot glass half full of bottled water soak for 24 hrs.

Then a salad plate or equivalent with a dbl layer of Bounty white paper towels
Seeds in different groupings by varietal.
Another dbl paper towel on top of seeds.

Enough water to moisten towels tilt to pour off excess.
Other plate on top then in a gallon zip lock.
I then place on top of fridge towards the back, seems to be warmer back there.

I did notice your seedlings in the cups.
I only fill cups 2/3’s full that way when they stretch like that I can add more medium for stability.

9 Likes

That is what I did for the the last one that died after adding the extra soil. RH issue. These have had a little soil added and I just filled to the brim with rice hauls. I left the little guy lower too as he was really stretching but stopped growing after cupping.
I didn’t have trouble germing the fresh seed, just the old ones and I even ruffed them.
I am not sure why the seedling are stretching? You can see how close the light is.

2 Likes

You can probably move your light a little closer. Probably stretching cause the light has the go through the dome. I don’t pop seeds in a dome just put my clones in them. But I put my t5 right on top of them maybe 5-6 inches from the top seems to work for me.

1 Like

Updating the three first Mad plants @8wks

13 Likes

Those are looking very nice :ok_hand::+1:

3 Likes

I just try to stay right on top of the seedling.

12 Likes

WOW! That is a lot of babies to stand over.
What kind of light and how far from them.

2 Likes

Just a regular t5 from any hardware store bulbs are the cool blue, it’s probably 4 inches away from them
I will let them grow right up into them before I move them up or move to veg room

3 Likes

The dome weakens the amount of light you’re giving them.
Only use dome for cultivating. Cloning

Bring that light so its about 3-4" off your tops.

Ph is also important at this point.

5 Likes

I was only using dome because the RH in there was running teens to 20"s. It was also cold but I have a little heater now.

going off to work on the area.

thanks, all

5 Likes

Just need to water more cuz its dry in there.
Dirt just drys out faster.

I like to get them out of keg cups at 3 nodes and into gal containers as fast as I can.
You don’t have to water so much then

3 Likes

I should have the sexing results by than. I use to put into 1gal when I saw lots of roots in the clear inner cup. I started just putting them into the 3 gal. right now I am not sure what is reg, fem and/or auto.

8 Likes

I put the six seeds into the 35mm per gallon folic. After 24 hrs into towels than after 24 hrs. into pucks.

I didn’t get a photo of the other three. The longest tail on them was as long as the short here.

11 Likes

All six seeds had roots when cubed. Four sprouted and have been put in cups. I looked at the 2 that didn’t take off. I found the same as last time.

The one had grown the root back around on it's self. It was still heathy looking yesterday.

These are the seedling;

I put the Mango Maui Haze into 12/12 today. On the right, lighter green.
The mad surprise plants, on left are chugging along. Had a light messing up. I didn’t plan to change for the time change but after I lost power a couple hours, I reset.

12 Likes

Mel, maybe start using pro mix instead of root riots.
Those have a built in rooting hormone that might be doing more harm than good.

6 Likes

What do you use to sex the plants ? I need to start doing so while I run through my regular seeds. Seems smarter then 12 12 on a clone