OG love grow

I use Farmer Freeman. The test are single so you don’t waste a test if you don’t have four. I talked to the owner and he said I could use cotyledon as long as still green. So after the true leaf I take and mail them in.
I can only have twelve plants so the boys got to go.
Farmer Freeman: EZ-XY

4 Likes

Really tell us more whatchu doing there Mel?

I had great luck with the rr when I was growing before. I have already chucked them

I think most use them for cloning , I got a bag aint even tried yet.
I hear cloning with them.is the bomb

3 Likes

I have a pack of peat pucks to try out. The one seed of that strain that popped was in a peat puck.
I really appreciate all the advice.
:four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Nice thank you. I heard about delta leaf but dont see a " buy " button and it keeps saying my cart is empty lol

1 Like

Make sure you’re good on your ph since they’re peat moss.

1 Like

Got a question to that. I had r/o system installed. I was told it is ph neutral. How and when do I check PH. If I soak pellets in water, do I check the water?

2 Likes

Yep just check the water

2 Likes

I have never had the seeds not take off in the past if cracked with root.
I used the same.
24 hour soak in water with 30mm per gal of fulic.
I Put in wet towel for 24 hour & RR in the above water.
I take all with roots an cube. I check again at 36 hrs and cube all after 48 hrs.
They are on a heat mate under 2’ T5.
I use a dome if needed to maintain RH.

I guess I need a refresher on the level of heat and RH.

2 Likes

That is a good question.

RO is stripped clean, no buffer, you can throw the pH all over with little input.
Throwing a little Cal Mag in there changes everything.

Controlling pH involves controlling the buffer but ultimately, the stability is a dynamic balance.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I got the sexing test back on the three larger seedlings. All bubblegum are in trash now.
Screenshot (30)_LI
All five @MadScientist that lived where female. I am thinking they are 5 of the 6 auto. The ones that came from @Pedro_Bann from Australia to @MadScientist in Costa Rica to here in the mitten. Than not cared for correctly I am sure are the ones that didn’t germ or thrive.
:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

9 Likes

Wow, sexing seedlings. I did not even know that was a thing. Just stumbled on to your thread, hope you don’t mind if I just sit on the grass over here and watch. I have already learned something new, can’t wait to see what’s next.

3 Likes

This was taken yesterday and the back three got their results today.

:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

11 Likes

@G-paS whats the cost per sex test? what do you need to send them to test?

1 Like

They are $15 each, $12 if getting 10 and $11ea for 50.
The instructions call for 1/4" of the first leave when second start. But I talked to him and he said I could just use the cotyledon if still green and healthy.

:seedling: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :wilted_flower: :seedling:

4 Likes

Taking Samples for test;

This is what I need: Sexing envelopes, Alcohol, cup for alcohol, tweezers and scissors. Clean is the name of the game. Everything is cleaned with alcohol and Clorox.
And of course seedings;

I open one envelope, take out the numbered stick and place in the cup holding the seedling. I use tweezers and tiny scissors to cut a cotyledon leaf from the seedling and place in the envelope. After closing the envelope, I clean the tools with alcohol to make sure no cross contamination.

13 Likes

Until I saw this here at OG I never knew anyone offered this kind of service. I wish I could get that done around here!

4 Likes

I used a source in CA and know I use this one in Washington DC. Some day hopefully they will have a kit sold in everywhere like a Prego test.

:seedling: :cherry_blossom: :white_flower: :rosette: :rose: :hibiscus: :sunflower: :blossom: :tulip: :seedling: welcome Spring

7 Likes

I worked on the 2 Mango Maui Haze today the are showing some kind of deficiency. I have changed to R/O water ph of runoff good. It wasn’t showing until flipped. There must be something in the well water they are in need of. HELP.
I was planning on feeding stinky shit(fish tea) tomorrow but wanted to see what I need first.

I went to trim and tie down the MMH.

I cut off four bottom branches. I started to throw the first in bin when I realized I have been building a bubble cloner based on @Floyd s. Filled a cup with water and put them in as cut.

How long can they stay in the water while I get the cloner going. Is there something should put in the water? I have to do some reading to figure out that to do with these.
11 Likes