OGer, The Next Generation

Sorry to hear about that. I know the smoke isn’t helping. The wildfires.

1 Like

Why can’t you smoke it? Am I missing something?

edit… i think I found what you meant, COPD? That sux, cuz!

3 Likes

A minor observation.

I threw a surplus OGK clone out into the back garden this spring, primarily to see how it fared bug and mildew wise.
I am shocked to see nothing has touched it.
It has been a weird summer here, typically everyone’s lawn is brown by now …but not this year. It’s been wetter than usual as well so I was expecting to see some powdery mildew.
Perhaps the weather this year hasn’t been the best for grasshoppers but not a bite, nada.

Cheers
G

14 Likes

Grasshoppers like things dry, so maybe that is part of it? That plus some natural resistance makes the bugs go for easier prey

3 Likes

Super wet here also. Completely different issues for me this year

2 Likes

So, Yeah! I’m poppin @gpaw’s OGer creation in the hope of revealing the promise in these fine genetics. Nothing more to say, but look at these robust beauties!!!

That’s a lousy pic but these plants are the Real Deal. I can only host one female OGer, the others will prolly be up for adoption.

Well Done You @Gpaw! :+1: :+1:

23 Likes

Excellent!
You will have some fun with those… :+1:

That prompted me to go out back and check the surplus clone I’ve been studiously ignoring…
It’s looking great! Far better than I expected.
Well into flower and stacking, noticeably stinking up the back yard… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No sign of seeds (you never know…) & I think it is going to finish (it went out a little late). Zero maintenance and looking fabulous…

I have PM on the Lilacs and something nasty on the Hollyhocks and the only sign of damage on this girl is some minor old slug damage on a couple lower leaves.
For a throwaway experiment, this has been a roaring success but then, it’s really the beans doing the ‘heavy lifting’ :wink:.
For reference, I’m 43.7N

Cheers
G

21 Likes

OGer Kush updates

Oger is quick to sprout and easy to grow, Four seeds, about three weeks old in this pic, awaiting sex identification. I gave them two nights of 12/12 lighting about a week ago to encourage them to show early (hat tip to @Reiko! for that trick)

First Pistil from Oger #1 ! This girl is now enjoying her move to a spacious Octo-Condominium for the duration.

The Love Shack is where any additional Female plants are headed for some steamy action with a reversed Frankie clone. The smallest in this pic is an OGer fem destined for OGer x Frankie F1 seeds.

9 Likes

I just got a pack of these via the fall box offering.
not a lot of bud shots in this thread.
how is this OG’er?
who made them?
the critical kush part is from Barney’s Farm or Dinafem?

All of your questions are in this thread and the seedrun thread here
https://overgrow.com/t/complete-oger-the-encore/68233/968

There’s not many pics as really only the Canadians got them and the the rest got snagged by customs. What you just got was what gpaw had left and had to do a second send off for, for us to get.

Gpaw made them in that seed run thread I linked. Orgnkid made the original line these are from.

9 Likes

A new group was sent and they went out in the fall box so we should be seeing much more.

Thank You @Gpaw for getting those replacement out. I think this is why my Global entry has been on hold for many months.

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

OGer Bloom and Stretch!
@Gpaw has created something special here. OGer Kush is a beautiful and vigorous plant!

Here she is after a month of veg and a couple weeks of flower.

Her sister is imprisoned in the Love Shack awaiting steamy gametes showering down from the throbbing anthers of an Original Frankenstein clone reversed.

This Frankie OG Kush cross is sort of a testing grounds for the match up. What’s not to like combining a deep relaxing Indica with a hyper-hybrid clone-only strain that sports a unique chemovar?

Here’s the throbbing Frankie stud OGer has a hot date with.

Apologies for the silliness @Gpaw, but I’m excited about the dual yields here: phat bud from OGer in the grow room and a nice pile of OGer x Frankie in the tent! Sweetness. :star_struck:

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

14 Likes

If you’re not having fun… you’re not doing it right… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:
You are doing Tony the Tiger Great! with those girls…
…Throbbing anthers gotta throb!! :joy:

There’s a green and a sticky purple pheno in the OG Kush. I’d put my money on the purple OGK x Frankie cross coming out on top in the offspring.

Well done!

Cheers
G

8 Likes

We Shall See Brother!
I expect to “dust” these lovers on the 19th for the first time so we’ll be looking for some tattered pistils the next morning.

4 Likes

Well I am saddened to report that my effort to produce Frankie x OGK seeds was an utter failure.
As it turned out, the dayI intended to dust the anointed OGK seed plant “She” popped some impressive boy blossoms and was immediately banished! :unamused:

On a happier note, my OGK bud plant is forming some large and tight colas and looks very promising despite only vegging for three weeks.

-Grouchy

16 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It does happen. Dang you almost made it.,

3 Likes

A couple of OGer Kush 2nd week

18 Likes

Wow, those look great @paoleschi!

Is that two plants in one pot? Really bushy. Were these seeds direct from @Gpaw?

My OGer Kush is a single fat cola from top to bottom, very dark leaves. Couldn’t be more different from yours. Phenotypic variation in action?

Here’s my OGK nearing harvest,

Best of luck,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

17 Likes

Looking good!

About 2+ weeks into flower?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I saw a green and a purple pheno (maybe two purples?) but they didn’t really show themselves to me until the last few weeks of flower.

The structure you have (Nov 2) is different from mine. Did you do any training?

Cheers
G

4 Likes