OGs Secret Lab

@DougDawson You’re a busy man my friend! I’m glad you made it none the less! It’s definitely gonna take a little more time but my hopes are high. It’s gonna be 3-4 tents of fun! I will also get a smaller tent for veg/propagation.:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I jumped on for the ride

1 Like

@Hemp Please come aboard sir! I’m happy to have anyone interested. I hope I can keep everyone’s interest!

4 Likes

You’ve always supporting me. You have liked my pictures. That’s what we are about.

1 Like

If it were not inconvenient getting up in my attic it could be turned into a grow area depending on the time of year.

3 Likes

Yea that’s why I didn’t. But I see he has insulation up.

1 Like

The last pic reminds me of tetris
20211023_201658

I would’ve been doing one of these
download

:rofl:

13 Likes

Slow down. Lol cool stuff.

3 Likes

Love the direction of your DIY thread , nice job ! I see you can adapt & overcome obstacles …I like the 4inch tent pole cuts instead of sending it back !

3 Likes

That’s what it’s all about! I like to think of everyone here as family, if anyone needs a hand I’m here!:seedling:

I could have opted for a more suitable place and made things way less extensive but the area will be used for storage at later dates.

@Oldtimerunderground All kidding aside It felt exactly like that! I tried cutting 2in first, and had to cut another 2… I was also running late for a dinner reservation because of it!:sweat_smile:. I will say I’m getting quite the work out with this project.

@Crazy1 Thanks again, I didn’t wanna just send it back and I figured a couple inches wouldn’t be the worst. My only concerns is the heat transfer between the IR barrier/tent, as it fits snugly against it.

I will try to give everyone another update this week. I’m gonna try to finish placing IR barrier on the rest of the exposed roof, towards the soffits. I will also close the area up more and try to reshuffle some things to free up space. I will likely purchase a inlet filter and I have my eye on these as of right now…

I think I may also add a couple gable fans for more air circulation.

Happy Sunday!

6 Likes

This is all I Gotta say if I can do it where I do it that you can also. I’ll show you later. You might be surprised. Outside of my tent got over 130f this summer. Put some insulation up around blankets welding blankets anything to keep it cooler in the tent

1 Like

Get you one of those small air conditioners. The portable ones they’re a little expensive but you should be able to run and fix up something to where you can have those two tents going. These help. They’re pretty cheap easy to move around with

2 Likes

I’ll private message you I don’t want everybody to see. It’s not that everybody else’s stuff looks so nice I have to really fight the elements

3 Likes

I do have a direct line from the AC unit I plan on attaching to the bottom of the space, I could also drill another vent for cooler inside air if need be. I know those small portable ones aren’t very efficient but I may have no choice. I will try to get some accurate temps once everything’s closed up and see where it’s at. I’m hoping I don’t have to add more insulation behind the barrier.

3 Likes

I think you’ll be OK you’ll be surprised. The one thing you could get a little sweat. That is one of the problems I have. I think you figure it out. A big fan moving around the outside of the tents. That’s what I have to do

Hey @GrouchyOldMan where were all of these inventions and tents and such for my attic grow back in 1989. . I’m watching this one unfold…lol

4 Likes

@itza419 Howdy! Join the party!! The tents sure are a life saver. They had their issues when they first come out, but these are quality for sure. Enjoy!

1 Like

Since I am now able to give updates, I thought I might! I along with everyone else, have been busy this last week. Making time has been hard! I’ll start by saying I want to seal this space from fiberglass insulation for quality purposes. We have had a drop in temps at night but the room seems to stay insulated well with just the IR barrier. I know it’s kind of hard to see but I started putting plywood down over the insulation to continue closing up the floor. I will purchase about 5 more pieces to finish it out.

To continue this saga, I continued on installing IR barrier along the roof, heading towards the soffit.

I started running low on the roll so I started filling in little spots.

I also picked up some 2in polypro insulation boards. My hope is to cheaply seal off these two spaces, and allow for storage closer to the soffit.

Hopefully I can get the floor finished up by the end of the week. If I can, I’ll try to better isolate the space with the Poly boards and start to seal things up. I will purchase a couple infinity filter boxes for my inlet source and begin to deep clean and sanitize every inch. Till next time, happy growing! :seedling::green_heart:

23 Likes

nice to see an update on your progress, i was just wondering how this was coming along! looking good

4 Likes

@CornbreadJunior Hey brutha! It has been slow, but I hope to pick up some speed now that I have some free time from events.

4 Likes