Oh that *&#,$*%&#&$* Cat

Oh that would of gotten me fuming! But my kitty isn’t allowed in my room, I have other pets in there. But if any of the others for loose, it would be a lot worse than what the cat would do :sweat_smile:. The pets I have in my room is a Guinea pig and a Conure (sm/md sized bird), so plants and seeds are their food lol

2 Likes

I hear that. Kitty isn’t allowed in my grow room either. I just start seedlings on my desk in the basement. It’s an open space to put the heat matt on. Now I can never do that again after years of doing it. He now knows what’s under there, nothing will be safe going forward. Thankfully he has no access to my grow room so my 4 almost done plants are safe as well as my last 3 Sour Bubble BX3’s. I started soaking 7 more Sour Bubble seeds last night so on we go.

7 Likes

Exactly the same here, 34 years of cats, Main Coons…
I keep getting asked, when are you getting another (they were all rescues) & I always reply “Nope, not ready”

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I want a pure bred maincoon… we think our cat has some in him… 18lbs, the right personality (attitude) and some of the looks

5 Likes

We got our first two at the pound… They were mostly Main Coon, they lasted 16 years.
Then we got a rescue, 1 year old male weighing in at 25 Lbs. and could stand on the floor with his paws on the counter.
Nobody wanted him because he was so big… Total Jam Tart…
Died of a stroke or heart attack 2 years ago - today…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Damn sorry for your loss! Our guy is about 1-2 inches from resting his paws on the counter. He talks non stop and loves random fights and sneak attacks. Rescued him after being ditched in a field as a kitten at -35C

4 Likes

@Gpaw Main coons are massive cats :cat2: I want one lol

@DougDawson
Since this thread is about cats and you asked for Cat stories. Here ya go. …

Many years ago my grandmother lived out in the forest, in a town of 200 people deep in the NL wilderness ( Super East Canada ) with her 2nd husband, she was in here 60s during this time.

Anyways one day she sent the rest of the family a photo of her self chillin on the couch with her Cat :cat2: :heart_eyes_cat:… Right away we all noticed this cat was pretty large and had funny lookin ears…

She was not technical when it came to emails and stuff so photos and things had been far in between, but over the course of 2 or 3 years she always told us she found a wild kitten around her house and started to feed it, almost daily… But slowly getting it to trust her and eventually come into her house to be petted and huged. She loved this dam cat, we all thought nothing of it, I mean she’s had cats before a few times…

Untill we seen the photo of her precious Cat…

( this is not the actual photo ) I can’t find the photo of my grandmother & her Cat right now.

But yeah, My old and likely ceaniale Grandmother had effectively became besties with a LYNX…

Just chillin on the couch with her while she’s petting it. We all tryed telling her, Nan, that’s a Fukn Lynx it will tear your face off. She was chill with it, Naw go away she says, your crazy :crazy_face: this is just my cat…

RIP :pray: Grandma ya old crazy lady.
She lived to be 75 yrs old :cry:.

14 Likes

You come from a long line of Lynx whisperers brother! It’s time to accept your destiny🤣

Great story! I’m guessing Lynx was feeling grandmas cooking

1 Like

7 Likes

hahaha

I read somewhere that cats do that because they think we’re bad hunters. :-1:

3 Likes

I’ve heard that too… they think you can’t feed yourself…

If anything, this thread confirms why I have a dog :rofl:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure the animal I feed twice a day does not think I am a bad hunter. That said he likely thinks I am crazy. Take him out he get’s his balls chopped off, he gets stabbed with needles, he gets poked and prodded by strangers. He gets knocked out and a hernia removed. He thinks this is the outside world and sees me go out every day. He must think humans are totally brainless.

3 Likes

I’m trying to find a home for these kittens before I become more attached

3 Likes

nah, yer cat just thinks you’re a badass…

My pup likes the vet. needles don’t bother him… Nail clippers, thats a different story :rofl:

Seriously though, I’ve read it in a few places that cats that leave you part of their kill because they believe you aren’t taking enough care of yourself and they wanna help. Stark contrast to my dog who would be like “oh thats the last cookie in the world? oh thank you for saving it for me! chomp chomp!”

5 Likes

Tigger is a good looking cat!

2 Likes

:crazy_face: Our Boston Terrier enjoys the trip to her vet but when she senses that her front paws are going to be clipped she heads for the door… :scream:

1 Like

My first thought was if you elbow drop a mouse from the third rope maybe he’d change his mind :laughing:

But you bring a very fair point, he’s fed twice a day, why this behavior

“Why, after all, would your cat need to kill her meals when that bowl of Friskies is filled to the brim?”

"Spayed female cats are the most likely to bring gory gifts to their owners. But they have their reasons.
In the wild, cat mothers teach their young how to eat their food by bringing home dead or injured prey. Domestic cats are no different. But in this modern age of spayed domestic cats, many female felines have no young to whom they need to pass on their hunting wisdom.

By leaving a dead animal on the back porch, your cat is acting out its natural role as mother and teacher. You, her loving owner, represent her surrogate family. And frankly, she knows you would never have been able to catch that delicious mouse on your own."

I had to look it up haha

He considers you family and loves you. :cupid:

3 Likes

Oh that I have no doubt about. All my animals are part of the family, just the way it is. He would be right though, I am too slow to catch a mouse by hand :rofl:

2 Likes

Really I just think your cat is requesting what he’s left to be tossed on the grill for dinner. He wants to expand your culinary experiences, and frankly, I heard he’s getting bored with the same old same old and wants a little different meal once in a while :wink:

Old post but i had to give up and put these on my indoor plants cause cat whizzing on em.