OHGrow21666's Dank Dungeon

7 Likes

I would Drill as many holes in the 5 gallon buckets as possible around the bottom lip. Mold accumulates at this area bottom where the side meets the bottom that corner area grows black mold. The plants will grow big and healthy then the roots
Start to circle around the bottom and rot the leaves then start to droop bad. The mold grows and messes upmthe roots at that circling area. Many small holes around the area gets rid of it. Just my exp with 5 gallon buckets for growing. Good luck

2 Likes

The first picture is of the 3 bubble gum and 1 alien og. I had 2 alien og but one turned out to be male(even though these were supposed to be fem seeds) not a pistle in sight but nanner on every node. They were flipped on 8/4.
The second picture is of the veg tent. The 10 French macaroons are all looking good. The 3 underdog og are also moving along great! When the MH 1 tent is done drying I’m moving 9 French macaroons into the tent into 3g pots. They will be vegged for 2 weeks after transplant then flipped. When I move the FM girls I will transplant the 3 udog into 3g pots. The 2 reveg girls are moving along. I’m finally starting to see normal growth. The clones in the dome from the 4 girls in MH2 are looking good. They were taken on 8/4 and I’m starting to see roots on the alien og clone first. We shall see what happens in the coming days. Welp that’s what I got for today. I’ll post some bud shots when the girls are dry and trimmed up in a week or 2. Take it easy

2 Likes

Here is a picture of the 7 girls from MH1. I’ve been really busy with work and the baby so this is a picture from today when I finally got around to chopping off the fan leaves. I’ve been monitoring the temp and humidity since chop.(which has been about 64 degrees and between 58and 62% humidity)I just haven’t gotten around to well pretrim. I generally pull all non sugar leaves before the hang then trim dry. This was one of the hardest chops. 4 of the girls were tied up and 3 out of the 4 were tied all over. Cutting these girls out sucked which is one reason why I don’t scrog. I won’t be keeping the critical hog around due to the structure of the plant and how finicky it is. I’m smoking on some from last harvest and it’s dank for sure. It smells like rotting citrus fruit and it’s greasy. It’s just a hungry girl and falls all over its self. The single cherry pie is super nice looking I can’t wait to try some. It’s got dense tric covered nugs. I haven’t locked down the smell yet but I’ll let you know after some jar time. The 2 mystery machine are nice but nothing special. I’ve grow them just a few times and they just don’t stand out in any way. This will probably be the best grow I’ve done of them so far but they still ain’t shit haha.i also will not be keeping these around. Finally the French macaroons it’s looking as good as the first time I’ve grown her. I’m excited to have some more of that to smoke on. I just remember it being dank as shit as for the particulars they escape me at the moment. the floor is clean now I didn’t leave that leaf trash all over.(I knew a few of you were thinking about it)

4 Likes

It looks like 6 plant hanging but if you look for the green wire on the line you will see 5 knots and then the 2 on the hanger. I was tripping for a second thinking I can’t count haha

1 Like

The Cherry Pie that I grew out was a very pleasant smoke. I let it go long and got some very relaxing herb. I’d run another in a NY second.

1 Like

Looking good here ohgrow bro bro :sunglasses: what’s next in line to go in. And from my reading you need a congratulations on the birth of your little one :green_heart: I’ll stick around and see what your future brings to OG :100:

1 Like

It was a random bag seed so we will see if it actually resembles cherry pie. It’s looking like it will be good no matter what but I have been fooled before hahaha

1 Like

Hey thank you! Up next I’m throwing 9 French macaroons clones into the 3x3 for my first monocrop and it’s kinda sea of green. im also going to do a side by side plastic pot to fabric just to see if the fabric pots are doing anything besides drying out quick. I’m excited to see how that turns out. After my 3 bubble gum and 1 alien og are done ill be putting my 3 underdog og and maybe 1 purple punch clone in their place. I need to update that light. The ts1000 isn’t strong enough for that big of a tent. I want to be able to run more than 4 or 5 girls all scrunched together. I’m things of another fc3000 by Mars hydro or a growers choice roi 420. I’ve been toying around with the idea of turning my “drying tent” little 2x2 into a worm bin/mushroom Tent. I was thinking about using that as a “lung room” and exhausting that into the veg tent and connecting the flower tents all together. That would A give me more co2 in the tents B give me and my friends and family oyster mushrooms C having this to breed worms and give me all that worm juice run off for my indoor and out door gardens will really be a benefit.
I’ve got clones of the bubble gums and alien og. I’ll be picking a keeper bubble gum and I’ll keep an alien og clone too and running the rest. Maybe I’ll try 7g pots for that run. Since I chopped the one male I wasn’t supposed to get I was thinking of running the rest of the alien og seeds I have to see what I get. After all that I’m going to need to find more genetics to run. I’m still trying to decide if I want to try a particular cultivar or if I want to try a particular company. I’m now in a place where I’m confident enough in my growing to spend the money on more and more expensive seeds so we shall see what the future holds as far as that’s concerned.
Sorry if thats too much info I never get to talk about this and my wife has no clue what any of it means haha

2 Likes

Does anyone have tips on how to light proof vents when connecting tents with 4inch ducting?

3 Likes

I ran my ducting with three 90 + degree bends so the light doesn’t reach all the way back to the greenroom. I, then, put a piece of thin black nylon stocking over the vent for a bit more blockage. It still pulls just fine and I have had no problem with light leaks.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you! I was under the impression you didn’t want 90degree angles in the ducting because of how it effects the air flow. I suppose if I’m running intake and exhaust fans it wont be an issue. Next thing i want to run by you. I was thinking about putting the fan from the mushroom Tent at the bottom of the tent to pull more co2. Since co2 is heavy and generally sinks to the bottom. What are your thoughts on that?

2 Likes

I’m doing a sea of green but with 4 plants so I hear ya :rofl:
I think you should make a seperate thread for the side by side on the fabric pots :100: I’d like to see the difference too. Not that it will make any difference I always grow hydro anyway. The idea of the lung room/shroom/worm tent to carry co2 I really like.

As for the lighting. If you’re capable of knocking a frame together and wiring + to - between. It may be worth looking at bridgelux EB strips. @Mr.Sparkle has a thread on the subject. I’ve used them personally and had good results. Price per watt is good.
I’ve had legit bubblegum once in my life and it was absolutely :fire: so good luck with that. If you decide to s1 a bubblegum tasting pheno should you find one you already have a tester lined up bro :sunglasses::wink:

Expensive seeds don’t always mean good seeds. Some are hype strains. Hermie traits etc. So be wary. Look at as many journals of other people’s as you can. I’m always happy to grow out OGers chucks. More so than seedbank bought beans.

And nope. Definitely not too much information there. We’re all here because we love to talk about the same thing. And for the most part understand each other :sweat_smile:

And as @MoBilly said for the vents. A few subtle turns to not stifle the flow will be enough to keep light leaks at bay. The stockings will be a good shout to keep the dust out aswell as any bugs that may wanna go travelling.
Edit after reading your last post. Co2 can realistically go in top or bottom if your circulation is good enough.

2 Likes

808 headband grown under bridgelux EB strips

6 Likes

This is folier feeding right? Jk (I’m not sure I spelled that right but you get what I’m trying to say) hahaha

2 Likes

Hey thank you so much! I don’t trust myself with electrical work but your plants looks great with that light! I’m not into the hype $500 reg packs. I’d just like to not have to worry about buying the cheaper seeds. Also being able to buy 3 or 4 packs intead of 1 or 2 of the $60 packs is more what I was going for. I’ve been following (as closely as I can) breeders online to see who’s got what, who’s renaming strains, who’s testing beans, and who’s just chucking 122332342 types of f1s. I’m interested in the mid west stuff and pushing the “local” strains like thug pugs work and anything from Ohio. I’m also into older strains from the 90’s and early 2000s. (Hence the bubble gum)

The girls are out of the dome. One of the bubble bums wasn’t really rooted but I threw her in anyways. So far 100% success rate on this run of clones

5 Likes

Quick update. MH1 is looking close to done drying. Still have some green stems by the top 3 nodes. Humidity has been between. 57 and 62 pretty consistently. Now it’s dropping down to 50% I threw a 5g pot that still had a root ball and soil in it in there and watered it to try to keep the humidity up. Has any one else done this? I’ve done it a few times now and it seems to work for what it is.
MH2 everything is looking really good! Bubble gum 3 is looking to be one of my best plants ever! It’s green as shit. Stacked the fuck up and has the biggest nugs(for being week 3) I’m hoping it’s frosty or at least frosty enough because this is looking to be a big yeilder. Bonus points if it’s got dustier heads too I want to make bubble hash again soon! The alien og is just so runty. It’s growing fine its just so small and I didn’t even top it. It’s on like a 3g tall bucket and it’s just as tall as the 3 bubble gum. They are exactly the same age. I hope it smokes good. I’m really hoping it reminds me of weed from back in the day. Nothing specific just nostalgic.
VEG the 10 French macaroons are growing well. They are ready to be In their 3g pots fasho I trimmed off all the fan leaves on the main stock to let more air flow. I generally do this to keep the plants profile down in veg but it’s also great for air flow and promoting outward growth (especially when you top) the 3 udog girls are looking about ready for their new pots too I think I’m going 3g plastic. I was toying around with the idea of buying some new ones in 2g or something but I don’t want to spend the money. I really don’t like transplanting anything bigger than a 1g pot. As for the clones they are all still alive. Some are a little frazzled looking but not too bad! I’m not sure what I want to do with this bunch though. I’m keeping a bubble gum to run again but really I kinda just want to pop the rest of the alien Bubba I have and see what happens. I haven’t decided and same with the purple punch monsters. I’m training the one since it’s got a tall shoot and a bunch of growth off the old nug. I’m just not sure what I’m doing with them yet

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hey hey time for and update! So the first picture is of MH2 not much to say about this tent they were flipped on 8/4 and they are all looking great!. The second picture is the VEG tent. I’m so glad to have all those French macaroons out of there. It was getting g real cramped in there. The BBG and Abub clones are all doing well. The purple punch clones are also doing g well. I trimmed off some of the growth and started lst on the bigger one. Finally MH1 the 9 French macaroons are in thier 3g pots. I’m going to wait 1 week and flip them so that way my tents are 1 month apart. I’m so excited to see this tent mateur. The FM smokes good has a bigger yield and grows well so it will be nice to see 9 girls flowering at the same time. Everything got watered with recharge today and I’ll be feeding on the 1st. Take it easy
OhGrow

2 Likes